Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Runner2 features Charles 'voice of Mario' Mantinet

Comment on site articles.

Martinet lend his vocals to the cutscenes

Charles Martinet, the voice of Mario, is set to feature in Wii U eShop game Runner2. Yes, Gaijin have confirmed that Martinet will be lending his voice acting skills to CommanderVideo's new game. As the man himself would say: 'Wahoo!'

... read more

Postby Mr Roboto » 18 Dec 2012, 12:16

What is this game all about?
Mr Roboto

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 18 Dec 2012, 12:42

Good for Chuck. I'll look forward to hearing his vocal talent.
Still, a little disappointed as I came to this article hoping that Mario would be a playable character. That would be awesome.

Mr Roboto wrote:What is this game all about?

Running. =D
Nah, I'll answer seriously. Its a sequel to the excellent WiiWare game, Bit.Trip Runner. You play as Commander Video who just runs continuously through a course. You control his jumping, kicking and other actions to collect as many gold bars as you can and avoid obstacles to reach the goal. Hit an obstacle though and you get sent back to the start. As well as platforming, it's also got a Rhythm Action element as the actions need to be done in time to the soundtrack; and a brilliant one it is too.
This sequel has undergone a aesthetic make-over from the last game which had a pixelated motif, while this one goes for a smoother and more arty style.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Re: Runner2 features Charles 'voice of Mario' Mantinet

Postby GuitarHero » 18 Dec 2012, 16:05

He does seem to be getting around. First being Paarthurnaax, and now this.
GuitarHero

Postby taximadish » 19 Dec 2012, 01:47

Charles 'voice of Mario' Mantinet

Probably should be fixed.

Anyhow, it's nice that Charles'll be able to be himself.
My friends are still trying to get over the fact that he doesn't speak like Mario all the time.
Paarthunax blew their minds :)
Get it? 'Cause it's like it's my signature?
No?
taximadish

Postby jaco_p » 19 Dec 2012, 01:54

I love this guy, got pictures of me and my family with him, awesome!! Looking forward to runner2 now even more. If i'm not mistaken, Charles also voiced someone from a kane and lynch game and also and crash bandicoot wrath of cortex, so yes he does get about!
i've met mario!!XD twice!
pm me someone please for wario diy, MH3, mariokart wii, brawl, etc i've got loadsa online games doing nuffin!
check out my registered games :-) http://www.nintendo-europe.com/user/jaco_pastorius
jaco_p