Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Monster Hunter 4 release date delayed

Comment on site articles.

3DS exclusive now coming out in the summer

The Monster Hunter 4 release date has been delayed until summer 2013. The 3DS sequel to Monster Hunter Tri was originally scheduled for release in Japan in March 2013 but has been pushed back.

... read more

Monster Hunter 4 release date delayed

Postby mattzere » 19 Dec 2012, 11:41

havent played a MH game since the original on PS2 and I am thinking of getting back into it. Frankly I am glad of this delay because I found the idea of three MH games coming out around the same time pretty overwhelming. Now I just need to choose between the Wii U and 3DS versions of Tri. It's a bit of a rip off that they dont come bundled, though, as they are the exact same game. Look at what sony are doing, where you buy the PS3 version of a game and get the Vita version ABSOLUTELY FREE. :?
mattzere.tumblr.com fellow tumblrers, feel free to find me there!
I'm a gamer and a Homestuck,
A whovian and much more.
mattzere

Re: Monster Hunter 4 release date delayed

Postby K-tet » 19 Dec 2012, 13:02

mattzere wrote:havent played a MH game since the original on PS2 and I am thinking of getting back into it. Frankly I am glad of this delay because I found the idea of three MH games coming out around the same time pretty overwhelming. Now I just need to choose between the Wii U and 3DS versions of Tri. It's a bit of a rip off that they dont come bundled, though, as they are the exact same game. Look at what sony are doing, where you buy the PS3 version of a game and get the Vita version ABSOLUTELY FREE. :?

They're not quite the exact same game. The 3DS version lacks netplay, which is the primary reason to invest in the Wii U version. The 3DS version does interact with the Wii U version and you can connect for both local multiplayer as well as transferring your save data from Wii U to 3DS and vice-versa, which is perfect for playing on the go. While I do agree that a bundle would be perfect, there's every chance retailers could be doing a promotional bundle. I for one would rather see a digital promotion ala Sony (despite its main advertised game flopping badly, and the Vita itself still isn't selling anywhere close enough to make it a profitable, sustainable platform, which may lead Sony to release cross-promotion ports and take more of a hit by doing so).

As for this delay, it's a good move. There will still be people buying MH3U even nowadays so to give them a bit of breathing space won't harm the game at all. Monster Hunter is big business in its core market. By the time MH4 hits outside of Japan, it'd probably be Q4 of 2013 at the earliest. We'll wait and see.
K-tet

Postby lrwr14 » 19 Dec 2012, 16:58

Not really that bothered about MH4 seeing as we probably will not see it till 2014. As long as MH3U doesn't get delayed then I'm fine.
Imagine a really cool picture here.
lrwr14

Postby torterratrainer » 19 Dec 2012, 17:13

so we can have a simultaneous European and Japanese release of course! makes sense.

not even that bothered as it looks more hard core and less enjoyable than tri ultimate
Torterratrainer has evolved into AzureRathalos!
Hey monster Hunter fans! check out the guild hall on chatango for monster hunter chats and mingling :)
http://mhunterguildhall.chatango.com/
torterratrainer

Postby Xenobladeperson » 19 Dec 2012, 20:01

Damn, just realised this was announced over a year ago, time flies.

Disappointed about the delay, but it won't arrive in Europe till 2014 anyway, so it won't affect us much. I have high expectations for this, I want Capcom to polish it up as much as possible; extra monsters, areas or improved textures are more than welcome.
Nintendo Ninja wrote:Never fear everything can be resolved by a large amount of violence
Xenobladeperson

Postby Bowser16 » 03 Jan 2013, 17:54

I'm a big MH fan and will be buying MH4 for the 3DS either way, but the graphics look terrible.

I really hope Capcom can improve on them before they release it in the UK.
Bowser16