Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Nintendo TVii launches today in the US

Comment on site articles.

"You'll never watch TV in the same way again," says Reggie

Nintendo is promising to change how we watch television from today when the company launch Nintendo TVii on Wii U in the US and Canada.

... read more

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 20 Dec 2012, 10:43

lucky american's , i'm not on facebook or twitter so being able to communicate with fellow fan's or get the banter going with rival fan's on miiverse while watching a football match sound's great , the quicker the uk get this the better !
5OUNDWAVE

Postby chazrinelli » 20 Dec 2012, 10:51

I love how the WiiU is getting all these TV features yet, it cant play Blu-Ray haha!!!
3DS FC: 4854-6424-0750

NNID: ChazDCFC

All are welcome!!
chazrinelli

Re: Nintendo TVii launches today in the US

Postby Diddy7Kong » 20 Dec 2012, 12:03

nope, not active for me in hawaii
Diddy7Kong

Postby DomWhymark » 20 Dec 2012, 13:22

will this work in the uk then i.e. getting sky/virgin/freeveiw all from the wiiU because that will effectively turn the wiiU into a receiver which will be great but will it happen? i use virgin btw
Nintendo Network id:Dmark83
Twitter:Domwhymark
DomWhymark

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 20 Dec 2012, 13:44

DomWhymark wrote:will this work in the uk then i.e. getting sky/virgin/freeveiw all from the wiiU because that will effectively turn the wiiU into a receiver which will be great but will it happen? i use virgin btw
it should , it mention's tivo in the article and i think virgin is tivo as well , plus if u can already controll ur virgin box with the gamepad then why not ?
5OUNDWAVE

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 20 Dec 2012, 13:46

Diddy7Kong wrote:nope, not active for me in hawaii

have u ever met dog the bounty hunter !
5OUNDWAVE

Postby nintenu » 20 Dec 2012, 14:11

chazrinelli wrote:I love how the WiiU is getting all these TV features yet, it cant play Blu-Ray haha!!!

No one really cares for Blu-ray, even PS3 users ...streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon kinda prove that fact.
NintenU One Game at a Time!
Be a part of it ...Join the Staff!
nintenu

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 20 Dec 2012, 14:16

nintenu wrote:
chazrinelli wrote:I love how the WiiU is getting all these TV features yet, it cant play Blu-Ray haha!!!

No one really cares for Blu-ray, even PS3 users ...streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon kinda prove that fact.
well that's a lie , the main reason i kept my ps3 is blu-ray
5OUNDWAVE

Postby ledreppe » 20 Dec 2012, 14:32

I don't subscribe to any satellite or cable channels, or have a dvr so this is wasted on me.
Nintendo Network ID: BigAl79
3DS Friend Code
Getting: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Rayman Legends.
Mii QR Code
Twitter
YouTube
Where Nintendo lead, others follow!
ledreppe

Postby DomWhymark » 20 Dec 2012, 14:45

5OUNDWAVE wrote:
DomWhymark wrote:will this work in the uk then i.e. getting sky/virgin/freeveiw all from the wiiU because that will effectively turn the wiiU into a receiver which will be great but will it happen? i use virgin btw
it should , it mention's tivo in the article and i think virgin is tivo as well , plus if u can already controll ur virgin box with the gamepad then why not ?
ahh thats good, only problem is i have virgin but i just have the large package not tivo so i hope i can still get some use out of it :-)
Nintendo Network id:Dmark83
Twitter:Domwhymark
DomWhymark

Postby bigterence » 20 Dec 2012, 15:28

looking forward to this big time.i got all the gear all over the place,now all my stuff will be on my wiiu.bring it on ninty.
bigterence

Postby wghtmf » 20 Dec 2012, 20:10

Do you get anything from it if you don't have Netflix, LoveFilm etc or do you need one of those?
'Don't question game logic, or the universe will implode.' ~ PkGam, YouTube
wghtmf

Postby Mmmyeah » 20 Dec 2012, 20:51

Diddy7Kong wrote:nope, not active for me in hawaii
Look on the bright side, you live in Hawaii!

As for TVii, I am on Virgin Media, so I hope that will be integrated somehow when it arrives here. Its a clever idea though.
Hey Reggie, where's the cats?
Mmmyeah

Postby Ganonsmurf » 27 Dec 2012, 18:57

Sounds good, just need it over here =]
GIVE. ME. FIRE EMBLEM.
Ganonsmurf