Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Top 5 best party games

Comment on site articles.

The Wii and Wii U games you should play at New Year parties

Throwing a party on New Year's Eve? Want to know which are the best party games you should play? Here are five Wii and Wii U games that everyone, no matter how skilled they are at games, will love.

... read more

Top 5 best party games

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 21 Dec 2012, 14:09

darksiders 2
5OUNDWAVE

Re: Top 5 best party games

Postby raphaelcoelho15 » 21 Dec 2012, 14:18

Mario Party 1, 2 and 3 are far better than any Mario Party of the Wii. Nintendo changed the formula and it made me doubt of those games.
raphaelcoelho15

Postby samus_killer » 21 Dec 2012, 14:31

Did think that Nintendo Land would top the list, and it deserves it too. So much fun, with so much to do, there's literally something for everyone.

I know that this will be the new thing that replaces Wii Sports for Christmas in my house.
YouTube / ProjectFalconPunch / Twitter
Nintendo Network, Steam: samus_killer / 3DS FC: 3394 - 3536 - 1884
samus_killer
ONM Moderator

Postby Mew3 » 21 Dec 2012, 16:57

I'm suprised that Kirbys Wii wasn't on here. You don't want to know how many fights me and my brother have had on Super Smash Bros where the other person keeps dying :oops:
Mew3

Postby skyluigi » 21 Dec 2012, 17:09

Wii Party.
I see no Wii Party.
Wii Party is by FAR my favourite party game ever (I mean, it's called Wii PARTY)! It's just so much fun to play with friends. :D
Woo hoo!
skyluigi

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 21 Dec 2012, 18:20

I would personally argue that Smash Bros isn't a game that anyone can play regardless of skill level. Especially if your not very good at it and playing against someone who is.
The Mario & Sonic sports games are a much better all-skills party game in my opinion, the best being Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (it's also more seasonal). Even the first game got a mention in hit BBC sitcom, Outnumbered. ONe of my favourite moments in that show is hearing Hugh Dennis proclaim "I am NOT playing as Princess Peach!"
I've got some cool video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble, so please check them out.
Latest Design: GURU-GURU, the Windmill Man
Don't forget about my Colors! Gallery
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby GuitarHero » 21 Dec 2012, 18:24

Good to see Nintendoland deservedly at number 1.
GuitarHero

Postby Zenuous » 22 Dec 2012, 01:11

Wait whos' that in the screenshot for Super Smash bros brawl, below Samus? Doesn't look like a regular character to me.
Zenuous

Postby superthingymabob » 22 Dec 2012, 01:25

Zenuous wrote:Wait whos' that in the screenshot for Super Smash bros brawl, below Samus? Doesn't look like a regular character to me.

It's an assist trophy. And that apostrophe is wrong.
Thanks to Martinisawesome for the sig
Did you know? I have not been here for a very long time. I bet tons of exciting stuff has happened while I was gone. Hm. Maybe not.
[insert hilarious quote here]
superthingymabob

Postby grunt35 » 22 Dec 2012, 12:21

this has been bugging me for awhile. ONM, u need to put ur count down segments on just one page so i can scroll through them instead of haveing to load a new web page for the next. i wanna click on but get borded very quick and quite offrn dont finish ur articals :/
grunt35

Postby epiclink » 22 Dec 2012, 15:54

Nintendo Land and Mario party 9, though i prefer Nintendo Land.
EPICLINK! IT'S LINK BUT MORE EPIC!

THINKS HE FOUND TOTAKA'S SONG ON BRAWL

but he doesn't know if he's RIGHT or WRONG.
epiclink

Postby IG-42 » 23 Dec 2012, 00:38

no one wants to play SSBB with me at home anymore :( i just keep winning even when i play with random characters
chimchar is a monkey with it's ass on fire turtwig is better
IG-42

Postby Yinyanreshiram » 24 Dec 2012, 22:16

Wii Sports,Just Dance and Sing Star are good for parties too
Yinyanreshiram

Postby ThePokekid78 » 31 Dec 2012, 14:11

Good luck finding enough people to come to a New Year's party who will be willing to play a load of Nintendo games on a Wii/Wii U...
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby King Slazo » 31 Dec 2012, 15:45

I find it funny how I look at most of these and think "the Gamecube version was so much better".

Then again, people tend to play stuff like Rockband at parties which is more accessible than all of these combined, so yeah.
~ t i m e i s o n m y s i d e ~ to tweetfinity and beyond
King Slazo
ONM Moderator

Postby nintenu » 31 Dec 2012, 16:29

Yinyanreshiram wrote:Wii Sports,Just Dance and Sing Star are good for parties too

Yeah, and WeDare too! :P

...oops, wrong type of party game!!!
NintenU One Game at a Time!
Be a part of it ...Join the Staff!
nintenu

Postby callum2003 » 01 Jan 2013, 01:55

Played nintendo land with my sister and mum. So much fun getting them in luigi's ghost mansion.

Thanks to Fabong Letang for the awesome sig and avatar! They look great!
callum2003

Postby skyluigi » 30 Jan 2013, 19:31

I think I'm the only person who likes Wii Party... but it won't stop me from being excited about the Wii U version! :D
Woo hoo!
skyluigi