Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Save money on Sonic games in the Christmas sales

Comment on site articles.

The Christmas sales have started early this year

It's not even Christmas Day but the sales have already started on the Game website where you can save money on games such as Sonic Colours, Epic Mickey 2, Darksiders 2 and Mario And Sonic At The London 2012 Olympic Games.

... read more

Save money on Sonic games in the Christmas sales

Postby CyberGW » 24 Dec 2012, 12:01

Since I never had a Wii and am getting a Wii U for Christmas, I'm gonna stock up on loads of great Wii games after Christmas.
I'm hoping my local CEX store will have a sale, they've got all Smash Bros, Sonic Colours, Mario Galaxy and Skyward Sword.
I've been checking these prices and they're quite good. Funny thing was though Sonic Colours on Wii was £12 before it went into the sale!
Current Favourite Game: Wind Waker HD
Most Anticipated Game: Inazuma Eleven GO: Light
Animal Crossing Dream Address: 6100-2230-3133
CyberGW

Re: Save money on Sonic games in the Christmas sales

Postby MikalM » 24 Dec 2012, 12:47

I did the same thing. Picked up Smash Bros Brawl on the GAME website pre-owned for £7.99, but it came to £4.50 when I used points I had still saved on my reward card. Definitely a great Wii game to own for that price!

As for CEX; I wouldn't count on it happening. I worked there for 5 years, leaving in October in this year to focus on my final year of Uni more. They use a centralized system and never, ever run sales. In fact, they try and up the prices of games as much as possible during this period.

Skyward Sword does seem to be cheapest in Cex though (at least for the moment). It's also a good place to pick up a Wii Classic Controller if you ever plan on getting any Wii Virtual Console titles (I used a lot of my Club Nintendo Stars to get Wii Points and put them all towards buying Majora's Mask). Places like Tesco, Argos and Game sell the white, original classic controller for £15, and the Pro version for £25. Cex sell the white one for £8 and the Pro for £10. Official ones, too.
---[scene missing]---

Nintendo Network ID: MikalM
Games owned: ZombiU, Nintendo Land, NSMBU, Darksiders 2, Black Ops 2, Trine 2.
MikalM

Postby Waldy565 » 24 Dec 2012, 13:19

VLR, LEGO Batamn 2 and Sonic and Theatrythm were the highlights for me. In other news: Thanks Tom, for being there again this year and keeping the site open until the very last second (well, last day, but yeah), have a good Christmas, as I also wish Chandra, Matt, Gav and Joe a Merry Christmas and Merry Christmas all the forumites!
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 24 Dec 2012, 13:36

30 quid for darksiders 2 well worth it ! , just a shame i bought mine off hmv online for 35 quid on thursday , hopefully postman bring's it today , i'd actually pre-ordered it with hmv in-store to get with wii u at launch but 18 day's later they still did'nt have it , so was going to get in game but 50 quid is a bit steep , so 30 quid is well worth it !
5OUNDWAVE

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 24 Dec 2012, 14:16

darksiders 2 just arrived - happy day's , on another note is anyone having problem's with zombiu freezing , i started my save game (buckingham palace) and he got out of bed then it froze so i had 2 pull the wire out of the back , then i tried to play it again and this time it froze on the screen that say's how long will you survive ?
5OUNDWAVE

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 24 Dec 2012, 14:23

Indeed, Sonic Colours is an excellent game and a fine example of 3D Sonic at it's best.
Same goes for Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy. An excellent game that's full of content and brilliantly addictive, even if you don't much prior experience with Final Fantasy. At that price it's a must.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Castle Crashers Four-Square | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby Commandervideo » 24 Dec 2012, 14:27

HaHaHa! My brother just bought VLR a couple of days ago from GAME for £30. He'll be gutted now. HA!
My Colors!3D Gallery
THE BEST EQUALS = MK7 + SSBB + SM64
Commandervideo

Postby monsteroushunter » 24 Dec 2012, 15:22

Best deal I've seen so far is Wii u batman for £25 on shop to
My friends code for 3ds is 3222-5556-4071
pm me if you add me
monsteroushunter

Postby Waldy565 » 24 Dec 2012, 16:19

Factor in p&p and it's the same price but don't and it is cheaper: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... dition=new
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby L_A » 24 Dec 2012, 19:19

Thought those were additional eShop sales... :|
L_A

Postby Darkblizz » 24 Dec 2012, 23:13

I'll be getting Generations then.

If Power of Illusion is in the deal somewhere, I might get that too.
Darkblizz

Postby MikalM » 25 Dec 2012, 07:47

Shopto probably has the cheapest WiiU games I've seen so far. ME3 is £27.95, Batman £25, Tekken TT2 £25 etc. Well worth checking out!
---[scene missing]---

Nintendo Network ID: MikalM
Games owned: ZombiU, Nintendo Land, NSMBU, Darksiders 2, Black Ops 2, Trine 2.
MikalM

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 27 Dec 2012, 14:29

Looking out for Darksiders,Assassin's Creed,Just Dance,and Tekken on the cheap for the Wii U.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho