Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

10 things you must do on your Wii U

Comment on site articles.

Just got a Wii U for Christmas? How to get the most from your new machine

Did you get a Wii U for Christmas? If you were lucky enough to unwrap a big Wii U shaped parcel, you'll be discovering cool new secrets about your new console well into the new year, but here are 10 little gems to get you started.

... read more

10 things you must do on your Wii U

Postby JoeOdranDoran » 25 Dec 2012, 15:05

My toilet is quite near my living room, so my number 1 thing to try will be playing Nintendo Land whilst on the John.

I'm so close to the dream of all gamers everywhere!
JoeOdranDoran

Re: 10 things you must do on your Wii U

Postby Komodo_Wolfgang » 25 Dec 2012, 18:54

Hmm makes me want a WiiU more..

Sadly thought, My sister stomped on my 3DS mid argument last week =/

Got Mario Kart 7 for it today too T-T
My Animal Crossing New Leaf Tumblr! http://oakwoodnl.tumblr.com/
3DS:4141-2043-8010
DreamCode:7500-2191-1369
NID; Komodo_Wolfgang
Wiitabix wrote:I still feel we haven't seen the best of the Wii U yet, no where near.
Komodo_Wolfgang

Postby torterratrainer » 25 Dec 2012, 19:10

Komodo_Wolfgang wrote:Hmm makes me want a WiiU more..

i swear you posted that on another article... with the same smiley.....oh well

i just played NSMBU today! :) (Never let your sister do the fortress level on layer cake desert - its a 1up black hole)
need some friends though because miiverse is a lonely affair.
Torterratrainer has evolved into AzureRathalos!
Hey monster Hunter fans! check out the guild hall on chatango for monster hunter chats and mingling :)
http://mhunterguildhall.chatango.com/
torterratrainer

Postby LavaTwilight » 25 Dec 2012, 20:08

I'll add you to MiiVerse! "LavaTwilight"
LavaTwilight

Postby Kirby8 » 25 Dec 2012, 20:09

Surely the first should be "update". =P
Also known as NintendoMad888.
2-4-6-8
what pink blob do we love not hate?
k-i-rb-y
Kirbys a blob all day and night!!!

PARAMORE ROCKS!!!
NINTENDO 4 LIFE!!
COME ON MARIO PAINT WII (OR DS???)!!!
Kirby8

Postby tohaker » 25 Dec 2012, 20:36

I don't really the see the HD when playing Xenoblade Chronicles... it just looks as fuzzy as it did before on the Wii (and YES I am streaming though the HDMI cable).
tohaker

Postby Waldy565 » 25 Dec 2012, 21:21

aahh, I beat ya to the Legends demo, played it at my local GAME... Well, I dunno bout you guys, but my Nan wants to play a game when she comes over tomorrow... something smells to me like an MK sesh hehe!
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby jaco_p » 25 Dec 2012, 23:38

torterratrainer wrote:
Komodo_Wolfgang wrote:Hmm makes me want a WiiU more..

i just played NSMBU today! :) (Never let your sister do the fortress level on layer cake desert - its a 1up black hole)
need some friends though because miiverse is a lonely affair.

Yes he definitely did. Stomp whining about it, get your sis to buy a new one if she did it???
i've met mario!!XD twice!
pm me someone please for wario diy, MH3, mariokart wii, brawl, etc i've got loadsa online games doing nuffin!
check out my registered games :-) http://www.nintendo-europe.com/user/jaco_pastorius
jaco_p

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 26 Dec 2012, 12:16

JoeOdranDoran wrote:My toilet is quite near my living room, so my number 1 thing to try will be playing Nintendo Land whilst on the John.

I'm so close to the dream of all gamers everywhere!

Funnily enough, it's my Number One and Number Two to do when I get my Wii U.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby Dertdood » 26 Dec 2012, 12:28

"Trine 2 is a good example of a great game that wouldn't exist without a download platform like the Nintendo eShop"

It's been out on Steam for about a year
Review of photo: Saul Iscariot's photo of man with red lightsaber has lightsaber man centered well in the photo and the red light adds definition to his cheekbones. 7/10 (Use of photo is covered by Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, Sec. 30)
Dertdood

Postby CaptainSnivy » 26 Dec 2012, 14:55

In fact, I'm making this post right now on the Wii U. I got one yesterday, and I adore it. I love how it isn't just about the games - I love how I can go on the internet and/or YouTube flawlessly, as I don't have an iPhone or anything.
CaptainSnivy

Postby ThePokekid78 » 26 Dec 2012, 15:40

Lol I was given an IOU for a Wii U, as there are no games that interest me out yet...roll on E3!
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby JAYMCK2103 » 27 Dec 2012, 01:25

Why is chandra's mii orange on the user selection screen? On my wii u my mii is blue with a Nintendo network logo?
JAYMCK2103

Postby Ganonsmurf » 27 Dec 2012, 19:12

Interesting, might try the wii games in HD thing. Does anyone know if wii games can be played with the gamepad, or do you have to use wii remotes? Also, my NNID is Ganonsmurf if anyone wants to add me
GIVE. ME. FIRE EMBLEM.
Ganonsmurf

Postby torterratrainer » 27 Dec 2012, 19:54

need some friends though because miiverse is a lonely affair.[/quote]

Yes he definitely did. Stomp whining about it, get your sis to buy a new one if she did it???[/quote]

ouch....
Torterratrainer has evolved into AzureRathalos!
Hey monster Hunter fans! check out the guild hall on chatango for monster hunter chats and mingling :)
http://mhunterguildhall.chatango.com/
torterratrainer

Postby 3DSRulesO.K » 28 Dec 2012, 20:39

Dertdood wrote:"Trine 2 is a good example of a great game that wouldn't exist without a download platform like the Nintendo eShop"

It's been out on Steam for about a year

Which is why they said like, they were talking about indie games being downloadable.
As you can tell, I like the 3DS. A lot.
3DSRulesO.K

Postby Combusken » 29 Dec 2012, 04:04

I wonder what Animal Crossing: Let's Go To City looks like in HD and if the game works with the Wii U Gamepad since the game could only be played with the Wii-Mote with the Wii.
Combusken

Postby Knightendo » 02 Jan 2013, 15:32

While I agree with the article on the site and in the mag that the internet browser is indeed a huge improvement and a joy to use, the comment about Apple was a bit uncalled for. Flash is outdated and has been for a while and iOS is fully HTML 5 compatible too. In fact videos that don't play on the iPad also don't play on the Wii U. However, in this day and age it's once in a blue moon I'll come across content that doesn't work right on the iPad and that's just laziness on the particular website's part as they're not up to date themselves. Same with Wii U, there'll be very little that doesn't work, but there was no need for the comment as iOS is HTML 5 compatible too.

I love my new Wii U, but the iPad is my mobile gaming platform of choice, and that's after years of owning DSs, but I sold my 3DS after a few weeks as the 3D stopped working for my eyes :S (and don't even get me started on that price drop afterwards) but even so, my iPad has completely replaced my DS... but then again it's replaced my laptop and desktop too lol! Don't get me wrong though, love Nintendo and after not having a home console for over a year and playing just on the 'Pad, it took the Wii U to bring me back to the fold :) and I'm loving it!
Knightendo