Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Assassin's Creed 3 review

Comment on site articles.

An ambitious open world epic, but not a revolution on Wii U

If this is the first time you've played an Assassin's Creed game, prepare to be confused. The series is notorious for its dense, complex mythology and the third game throws you in at the deep end. An intro cinematic tries its best to sum up the previous four games, but it's vague and skips a lot of important details. If this is your first encounter with the series, read the plot synopsis for each preceding game on Wikipedia. You'll enjoy it a lot more.

... read more

Assassin's Creed 3 review

Postby Mr Roboto » 26 Dec 2012, 14:11

I've got this on PS3 as well as all the previous games.

I found myself struggling to finish the game for the first time in this series. There's nothing really new for me just seems the same game over again.

There's loads and loads of glitches in this game which have made me fail missions. If you are new to this then you will enjoy it as it has loads of side missions to do. But for me this is a bit poo the cities are boring unlike the previous games and the missions are very tightly directed which leaves very little room for the imagination to tackle tasks.

The ship missions are awesome which makes a nice break. The trading function to earn money is rubbish and fiddley.

A lot of the same glitches keep appearing which means the game was rushed out for Christmas as there's no way Ubisoft game testers could of missed them!

I think the series needs a break and maybe the next gen consoles with their extra power will allow Ubisoft to creat some thing fresh.
Mr Roboto

Re: Assassin's Creed 3 review

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 27 Dec 2012, 14:32

Really want to pick this up,but I'm not paying £55 for it.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby noobgamer9 » 28 Dec 2012, 12:51

@imbusydoctorwho It's not £55. You can get it for £45 from GAME, and £38 from http://www.gamecollections.co.uk/search ... B00844QLI4
noobgamer9

Postby starmie68 » 29 Dec 2012, 17:34

I picked it up from grainger games for £39.99
starmie68

Postby KH81314 » 11 Jan 2013, 15:46

The other games were great. Really excited for this game. Can't wait to get it.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby parker-skywalker » 13 Feb 2013, 01:31

I really need to start playing this game and im really looking forward to playing it in 3d.
parker-skywalker

Postby olrodlegacy » 13 May 2013, 19:01

Saying this is 'not a revolution' does this game a disservice. An incredibly immersive presentation of colonisation-era America, the plots are touching (in the early period, anyway - Desmond less so) and is addictive to the point that you will want to get that 100% completion. The meticulous attention-to-detail is tremendous, from the integration of real-life events such as the Boston Tea Party and the Battle of Lexington into the plot, to the fantastic naval sub-missions. Having not played Creed before (I only buy Nintendo consoles), AC3 has got me anticipating Black Flag already. The controls are brilliant, the music is fantastic and the overall package is easily worthy of a Gold Award.

I've seen it online for as cheap as £16, and that is crazy money.
Twitter: @olrodlegacy 3DS Friend Code: 3523-2031-4532. PM me yours!

"There is a purpose greater than myself."
olrodlegacy