Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Worst Wii U games

Comment on site articles.

Featuring a new entry

There are at least 10 great games to play on Wii U and, as the recent Nintendo Direct proved, there is a bright future for Nintendo's new console. Yet, there are also some sub-50 stinkers that you should steer clear of even if you see them in the bargain bin. Here are the worst Wii U games.

... read more

Worst Wii U games

Postby Mrseddievedder » 27 Dec 2012, 10:49

Rabbids :D I really don't agree with the above review. Played it with friends and the true teamwork needed to play some of the games. We laughed jumped about and truly enjoyed the game. My friend had previously said the wii u wasn't worth it but he left with his opinion changed after only playing this. If you have enjoyed previous rabbid games before then you'll enjoy this one. No it isn't a boys shoot everything game but it is a good choice for groups of friends especially mixed gender groups.
Mrseddievedder

Re: Worst Wii U games

Postby torterratrainer » 27 Dec 2012, 11:36

wow these are bad - even the people in those miiverse communities were complaining.
Torterratrainer has evolved into AzureRathalos!
Hey monster Hunter fans! check out the guild hall on chatango for monster hunter chats and mingling :)
http://mhunterguildhall.chatango.com/
torterratrainer

Postby Skywardwolf23 » 27 Dec 2012, 11:39

Well I know what to avoid
Skywardwolf23

Postby mushroomchow » 27 Dec 2012, 12:04

torterratrainer wrote:wow these are bad - even the people in those miiverse communities were complaining.

Wow, they had the misfortune to own those games then had the courage to tell the world on miiverse? Brave people.
So I have a blog now. Go read it, I'll get you a cuppa if you do.
3DS FC - 5241-1896-0199 - Jake - PM me yours and let's play Animal Crossing New Leaf! :D
mushroomchow

Postby bigterence » 27 Dec 2012, 13:11

yeah guys.miiverse is for people who actually play the games,then comment.it is very usefull.Get Stuck In,but please none of "my mate played this and said it is rubbish" comments cos we know if you played the game.Good one ninty.
bigterence

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 27 Dec 2012, 14:30

I wasn't expecting Rabbids Land to be the bad.
Currently playing:Metal Gear Ground Zeroes
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
imbusydoctorwho

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 27 Dec 2012, 14:59

good to see transformer's prime in the list , i'm a massive tf fan and i wouldn't waste my coin on this garbage , some guy on miiverse commented ( the only thing this game transform's is your money into cold bitter tear's ) say's it all really !
5OUNDWAVE

Postby Nintendofreak03 » 27 Dec 2012, 17:29

Truth be told Ben 10 is so bad it's nick name is I'm <deleted> :lol:
Bye!!!
Nintendofreak03

Postby Ganonsmurf » 27 Dec 2012, 18:55

Ah, ONM, I love your scathing reviews. :D Apart from this lot, WiiU is absolutely amazing, got it on xmas and having so much fun =]
GIVE. ME. FIRE EMBLEM.
Ganonsmurf

Postby epiclink » 28 Dec 2012, 15:29

Surprised the Rabbids game got a low score, oh well it would learn it's lesson on 3DS.
EPICLINK! IT'S LINK BUT MORE EPIC!

THINKS HE FOUND TOTAKA'S SONG ON BRAWL

but he doesn't know if he's RIGHT or WRONG.
epiclink

Postby sporeboy100 » 28 Dec 2012, 23:16

your missing one god awful 0%'er, Call of Hackers: Hacked Ops 2
sporeboy100

Postby smash-brother » 29 Dec 2012, 16:27

wow :shock: , wii u just under a month old and it,s already got a "worst game" list, u must secertly hate it (sorry about the pun)
Jack, I'm only an elected official, i can't make decisions by myself
smash-brother

Postby SmashBro2712 » 28 Jan 2013, 12:26

That bad eh? If so, I can't believe pikmin 3 got pushed back for these games.
SmashBro2712

Postby samus_killer » 28 Jan 2013, 12:55

SmashBro2712 wrote:That bad eh? If so, I can't believe pikmin 3 got pushed back for these games.

Well it's so Pikmin 3 can be the best possible game that Nintendo can ship... even if it's taken them like 9 years to make >.>
YouTube / ProjectFalconPunch / Twitter
Nintendo Network, Steam: samus_killer / 3DS FC: 3394 - 3536 - 1884
samus_killer
ONM Moderator

Postby toffeeman30 » 28 Jan 2013, 14:03

quite disappointed that we have worst wii u games list as the wii u been out a few months
toffeeman30

Postby tomonm » 28 Jan 2013, 14:52

Well, think of it like a buyer's guide. We're not just listing games for the hell of it. We're telling you which Wii U games to buy (see best Wii U games) and which to avoid. Every console has rubbish games. Remember that Wii U currently has more good than bad and there are plenty of great games coming up.
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby Tazer_Silverscar » 28 Jan 2013, 15:33

5OUNDWAVE wrote:good to see transformer's prime in the list , i'm a massive tf fan and i wouldn't waste my coin on this garbage , some guy on miiverse commented ( the only thing this game transform's is your money into cold bitter tear's ) say's it all really !

Would be nice to see the 'Cybertron' games that are supposed to be within the Prime storyline make a WiiU appearance though, as they were pretty epic.
Come visit my DA Gallery at ether-enereon.deviantart.com
3DS Friend Code: 2406 - 5207 - 9606
Tazer_Silverscar

Postby LOZanges » 28 Jan 2013, 17:21

Family party: 30 great games is the best mini-game, compilation ever! Don't trust ONM, me and my mate played it and it was amazing!!! Buy it now!!!

Cough - sarcasm - Cough!
JoeONM: LOZanges is as good as Dynasty Warriors!

MatthewONM: LOZanges is nearly as good as me!

GavONM: LOZanges is as good as Nintendo Unleashed!
LOZanges

Postby tpie123 » 28 Jan 2013, 17:44

oh dear, there's always 1 or in this case, 7
tpie123

Postby TheVelvetRoom » 28 Jan 2013, 18:23

Nevermind the shortness of the game, Transformers Prime's visuals would look crappy on an original Xbox, let alone a next-gen console like the Wii U.
"Wordplay: my exoskeleton resembles a canine; canines enjoy bones. Amusing on two levels."
Steam: velv
PSN: tvrsteve
TheVelvetRoom

Postby KH81314 » 28 Jan 2013, 19:21

Worst Wii U game I've played is Epic Mickey 2. The controls are horrible and I hate Oswald. I regret not getting it for Wii. Might in a few years if they announce another one because I dont want to go through that again.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 28 Jan 2013, 21:39

Tazer_Silverscar wrote:
5OUNDWAVE wrote:good to see transformer's prime in the list , i'm a massive tf fan and i wouldn't waste my coin on this garbage , some guy on miiverse commented ( the only thing this game transform's is your money into cold bitter tear's ) say's it all really !

Would be nice to see the 'Cybertron' games that are supposed to be within the Prime storyline make a WiiU appearance though, as they were pretty epic.
they got the idea for prime from wfc (dark energon) but funny enough no mention of it in ffc ? hopefully the wii u will get the 3rd game in the series !
5OUNDWAVE

Postby 3DSgirl » 04 Feb 2013, 16:12

I must say im really disappointed with some of the wii u games! Animal Crossing sweet day is the game I am really angry about. If you have seen normal animal crossing which I have been playing since the first ac and still have them the wii u version is nothing like it. But I have to admit when I play golf on the wii u its so much fun and the graphics are just amazing!
:P
3DSgirl

Postby vix_chan » 04 Feb 2013, 19:02

3DSgirl wrote:I must say im really disappointed with some of the wii u games! Animal Crossing sweet day is the game I am really angry about. If you have seen normal animal crossing which I have been playing since the first ac and still have them the wii u version is nothing like it. But I have to admit when I play golf on the wii u its so much fun and the graphics are just amazing!
:P

Eh? Sweet Day is a mini game in Nintendo Land... it's not a full game like LGTTC... how can you be dissapointed in minigame madness! :D
Thanks for the votes everyone.
vix_chan

Postby kallymsmarties » 04 Feb 2013, 21:27

I was surprised to see Rabbids Land as a really low reviewed game. I literally bought it for today and I thought it was ok and a game my mates would like because they aint extreme gamers or don't play much and we loved Mario Party 9 and this felt like a fun board game :(
kallymsmarties

Next