Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition review

Comment on site articles.

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-Bat-port!

Whisper it: Nintendo didn't make the best Metroid game of the last five years. It didn't even make the second best Metroid. Both honours go to Rocksteady, a plucky British studio that took the design skeleton of Samus' classic adventures and dressed it up as a giant, clown-punching bat.

... read more

Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition review

Postby chazrinelli » 29 Dec 2012, 10:30

I think it deserved a gold award!! I love it and I got it for £20 :D
3DS FC: 4854-6424-0750

NNID: ChazDCFC

All are welcome!!
chazrinelli

Re: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition review

Postby monthehoops64 » 29 Dec 2012, 11:02

This is the best game I have for the Wii U nothing else comes close to it and I already have 9 games for it !!!
This definitely deserves a gold award so your readers know to pick this up as soon as possible :D
monthehoops64
monthehoops64

Postby TheNUKEnukeM » 29 Dec 2012, 12:19

I got it for xbox, and it really is one of the best games, ever. ONM seemed to be judging the port rather than the game itself and the game itself could easily been given 95%. It had the highest metacritic score on PS3 last year. It is really really good.
When I go out some people ask me-Hey what's with the name. Well My real surname is Newcomb. And its sounds like Nukem as in Duke Nukem the game character (never played it, im two young). So I have adopted it and put in frustrating capital letters.
TheNUKEnukeM

Postby dave666 » 29 Dec 2012, 13:22

I had this for the ps3 and got the wii u version on launch day

and in my opinion the wii u version is better,purely because of the gamepad features. Everyone keeps moaning about the framerate,but I've hardly experienced any framerate issues at all.

this is not a bad port
dave666

Postby Kirby8 » 29 Dec 2012, 21:38

chazrinelli wrote:I think it deserved a gold award!! I love it and I got it for £20 :D

Same here, for your whole comment! I got it from ShopTo, and used the points I earned from buying my WiiU to reduce the price to just under £20! Wii U + ShopTo = Gift that just keeps giving! The Wii U is buying games for me, haha!
Also known as NintendoMad888.
2-4-6-8
what pink blob do we love not hate?
k-i-rb-y
Kirbys a blob all day and night!!!

PARAMORE ROCKS!!!
NINTENDO 4 LIFE!!
COME ON MARIO PAINT WII (OR DS???)!!!
Kirby8

Postby 08boatfg » 30 Dec 2012, 02:41

I'll probably get this on the Wii U cos of the gamepad features, even though i'll miss out on trophies for the ps3 :'(
Just kidding! But I do love trophies :3
08boatfg

Postby TheVelvetRoom » 30 Dec 2012, 09:01

I really do encourage everyone to get this game on whatever platform suits you best. It's just such a joy to play, and the defining example of a modern triple-A title that just gets everything right.
PS Forever UK an enthusiast site for Playstation games new and old
Steam: velv
PSN: tvrsteve
TheVelvetRoom

Postby ultra_slb » 30 Dec 2012, 11:48

I played this on PS3, if you haven't played it yet, do it. Buy it for whatever platform :) It's a blast! It's a must have
DIABOS 1982 - Ultras S.L.Benfica
ultra_slb

Postby ThePokekid78 » 30 Dec 2012, 16:44

Did Warner Bros hire everyone in this comments section as salesmen for the game???
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby m0i » 30 Dec 2012, 17:12

ThePokekid78 wrote:Did Warner Bros hire everyone in this comments section as salesmen for the game???

Wouldn't say that but I understand what you're saying, also got the game, wouldn't call it a bad game but to me it's no gold award either. It's okay but it definantly has it's flaws in my opinion.
m0i

Postby Mr Roboto » 30 Dec 2012, 20:16

ThePokekid78 wrote:Did Warner Bros hire everyone in this comments section as salesmen for the game???

lol

It is a good game to be honest I've played both on PS3.

After I played the first game which was amazing I emailed Rock Steady to say thanks for making a great game and told them all the things I liked and things I would like to see in future Batman games.

I got a lovely email sent back plus they asked for my address and shipped me a load of goodies :wink:

Would be awesome if Nintendo snap this company up for exclusives games.
Mr Roboto

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 02 Jan 2013, 23:11

Definitely my favourite Wii U launch game.
I haven't noticed now frame-rate issues at all,the only negative I have about the game is the B.A.T,a giant waste of time in my eyes.
Still the game should've got 90% at least.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby KH81314 » 11 Jan 2013, 15:40

They shouldn't compare it to the other versions. The first game was great and I got this one when it first came it out.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby John Cayzer » 20 May 2013, 21:02

it is only worth getting if you haven't played it if you have played it and completed it there is no point
John Cayzer