Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Trine 2: Director's Cut review

Comment on site articles.

Here at last to massage your eyes and hurt your brain

Many of you might still think of download-only titles as cheap and cheerful little diversions, lacking the visuals and depth of games that come on slates of spinning plastic and cost £50. Look at these screenshots: Trine 2 is no cheap bedroom project. It's £10.99 (until mid-January) and only available via the Wii U eShop, but it looks and plays like a game you'd expect to find in a traditional bricks and mortar establishment and shows off some of the snazzy stuff you can do with the GamePad. It's big, too, requiring almost 2GB of storage, nearly as much as New Super Mario Bros U.

... read more

Trine 2: Director's Cut review

Postby Mr Roboto » 30 Dec 2012, 20:20

There's 2 awesome games I've ever downloaded one is Trine 2 which is beautiful from start to end. The second game is the Walking Dead by Tell Tale Games which hopefully Wii U owners get the chance to play as well simple fantastic!
Mr Roboto

Re: Trine 2: Director's Cut review

Postby Skywardwolf23 » 31 Dec 2012, 10:32

Well i'm definetly purchasing :D
Skywardwolf23

Postby jaco_p » 31 Dec 2012, 14:47

Only WiiU game to have proper online as well? i Downloaded it day 1 and it's great!!!
i've met mario!!XD twice!
pm me someone please for wario diy, MH3, mariokart wii, brawl, etc i've got loadsa online games doing nuffin!
check out my registered games :-) http://www.nintendo-europe.com/user/jaco_pastorius
jaco_p

Postby tohaker » 02 Jan 2013, 10:58

I played the demo on PC first and was astounded by the immense size of the game world! There is no world map or anything, you feel like you're travelling through one single level, with just some checkpoints and boss levels to keep it all in check. As well as this, the MiiVerse forums for the game are the best yet, with the ability to ask for help on particular levels with screenshots and many others just sending in drawing to keep us all satisfied. Best £11 I ever spent.
tohaker