Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Paper Mario: Sticker Star mini-games were cut from Bowser's

Comment on site articles.

Nintendo had too many ideas for Mario's 3DS RPG

Paper Mario: Sticker Star producer Kensuke Tanabe has admitted that Intelligent Systems had to cut some fun mini-games from their 3DS Mario RPG because his team ran out of time.

... read more

Paper Mario: Sticker Star mini-games were cut from Bowser's

Postby yoshiller64 » 03 Jan 2013, 11:40

why dont they just release the mini games as dlc
yoshiller64

Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star mini-games were cut from Bowse

Postby King Slazo » 03 Jan 2013, 12:03

It didn't matter in the end for, as we said in our Paper Mario: Sticker Star review, it is a fun return to form for the series after Super Paper Mario.

If by that you mean, "far inferior to Super Paper Mario", then yeah, that's true. And I didn't even think SPM was that good but at least it was still fun.

Shame they couldn't have spent the time they gained cutting these to work on any of the numerous flaws people have with the game.
~ a r r o g a n c e e t e r n a l ~ to tweetfinity and beyond
King Slazo
ONM Moderator

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 03 Jan 2013, 13:35

I loved that interview with the developers in the recent issue, so well done there. It got me nice and hyped for the game that was waiting for me under the tree on christmas morn. I've been playing it and I for one am not disappointed.
The great thing about having to cut stuff means that those things can be incorporated into another game.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Castle Crashers Four-Square | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby ledreppe » 03 Jan 2013, 14:33

King Slazo wrote:
It didn't matter in the end for, as we said in our Paper Mario: Sticker Star review, it is a fun return to form for the series after Super Paper Mario.

If by that you mean, "far inferior to Super Paper Mario", then yeah, that's true. And I didn't even think SPM was that good but at least it was still fun.

Shame they couldn't have spent the time they gained cutting these to work on any of the numerous flaws people have with the game.

Yes, I'd agree there were flaws. I didn't enjoy having to track back to previous levels to get items that were essential to progress in the game, the game didn't even give a hint that that's what had to be done I had to use a walkthrough. This could have been an excellent Paper Mario but they fluffed it, and I don't know how Nintendo let Intelligent Systems not sort out these problems before release. Maybe they ran out of time, just like they did with the numerous mini games that were removed.

I wouldn't say Sticker Star is far inferior to Super Paper Mario, I wasn't a big fan of the 2d to 3d switching aspect and it confused me. The Sticker Star paperize and stickerize mechanic worked better for me and felt more intuiitive as a puzzle and battle system.
Nintendo Network ID: BigAl79
3DS Friend Code
Getting: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Rayman Legends.
Mii QR Code
Twitter
YouTube
Where Nintendo lead, others follow!
ledreppe

Postby Baker1000 » 03 Jan 2013, 14:37

It explains why that last world is so short. There's only 3 levels, one of which isn't even a level and the last is just the boss fight. So really it's only the airship level. I was a bit disappointed that once you got to that world, there wasn't much futher to go.
Baker1000

Postby Zen » 03 Jan 2013, 19:40

Paper Mario: Sticker Star really did feel like a rushed game...
Zen

Postby Nintendo4Ever » 10 Jan 2013, 13:14

I think that Paper Mario SS was a good addition to the series. The only problem was it took me 26 hours to complete it because I kept getting stuck; didn't know what to do and ended up having to refer to a walkthrough almost every level to finally 100% the game :( .

I liked how, at the end of the game, instead of just making us restart and work from the last save before we beat Bowser there was actually something different (the Toad) for us at the end instead of it being as though we never beat him. It was still a bit pointless but not completely pointless like previous games in the series (you actually have a bit of proof that you beat the game).

I'm still going to replay it though and try and get 100% without a walkthrough and hopefully complete it in half the time :D.
Been Catchin' 'em all! since June 2000 with my Special Edition Yellow GameBoy Colour... been trying to Catch 'em all! ever since.
Nintendo4Ever