Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Nintendo: There are lots of fantastic Wii U games to come in

Comment on site articles.

"E3 will be another great show"

Nintendo has promised that there will be lots of fantastic Wii U games to play in 2013 as the company look to follow up a "strong Q1" with another great show at E3.

... read more

Nintendo: There are lots of fantastic Wii U games to come in

Postby tohaker » 04 Jan 2013, 11:50

This is what I like about Nintendo. They admit to making a mistake with the 3DS launch line up and then dazzle us all with an amazing Wii U line up. And it was needed too; home consoles are what make a games company!
tohaker

Re: Nintendo: There are lots of fantastic Wii U games to com

Postby shy guy 64 » 04 Jan 2013, 11:58

i look forward to seeing what
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby King Slazo » 04 Jan 2013, 12:09

tohaker wrote:dazzle us all with an amazing Wii U line up

I thought the Wii-U launch lineup was weaker than the 3DS's, to be honest.

When you're naming Sing Party as a "fantastic title for everyone" I do have to wonder what he was on. Still, based on how E3 goes and whether the system drops in price I'll probably pick one up this year with Rayman, the only exclusive worth caring about currently (except maybe Bayonetta 2, whenever that comes out).
~ if we make it through the night we'll watch the morning sun ~ endless tweetnobabble
King Slazo
ONM Moderator

Postby samus_killer » 04 Jan 2013, 12:24

King Slazo wrote:
tohaker wrote:dazzle us all with an amazing Wii U line up

I thought the Wii-U launch lineup was weaker than the 3DS's, to be honest.

Really, Slazo?
The 3DS had only one title that was worth it's full asking price, and even then that was a port of game already on consoles.

Sure, the Wii U had a bunch of ports, but at least it had a pretty decent amount of third-party support; Assassin's Creed III, Black Ops II, Darksiders II and Mass Effect 3 to name a few. And then it had some pretty cool exclusives like Nintendo Land, NSMBU and ZombiU. The 3DS had what, Nintendogs & Cats and Pilotwings Resort?

I mean, I know personal preferences and all that, but I fail to see how the Wii U had in any way a weaker launch line-up.
YouTube / ProjectFalconPunch / Twitter / Nintendo Network: samus_killer / 3DS FC: 3394 3536 1884
samus_killer
ONM Moderator

Postby Slinkington » 04 Jan 2013, 12:30

3DS was the weakest launch of a system I've witnessed. Wii U wasn't bad to be fair, however all of the decent games were just ports of old games. (Batman, Mass Effect etc)

Nintendo Land felt about as entertaining as Wii Play Motion to me, maybe slightly better. Is just kinda feels like a small technical demo, not so much of a fantastic gaming experience.

I was pleasantly surprised with New Super Mario Bros Wii U, however I'd just finished playing New Super Mario Bros. 2 so it just didn't really feel like a "new" game... Shame they've overused that brand.

We shouldn't expect any news of a 3D Morio or Zelda for Wii U this year. It takes time to make games.
Slinkington

Postby adamatsu » 04 Jan 2013, 12:54

the wii u launch started out looking like it was going to be a lot better than the 3DS, but ended up being VERY weak, especially in the UK which didn't even get Scribblenauts Unlimited. Nintendo better have something BIG up their sleeves for this year that they haven't told us yet.
adamatsu

Postby tomonm » 04 Jan 2013, 13:03

I don't think he's describing Sing Party as a fantastic game for everyone. When you put it together with the other games they have coming up, there are games for every type of gamer. We've got a review of Sing Party coming up - it might not be for you but some people will like it.

As for not expecting any news on a 3D Zelda game, it was revealed in the summer of 2011. I know it takes time to make games, but that's already two years!
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby ledreppe » 04 Jan 2013, 13:42

The only announced games I want are Rayman Legends and LEGO City Undercover. I wait with baited breath to hear if any soon to be announced games pique my interest levels.
Nintendo Network ID: BigAl79
3DS Friend Code
Getting: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Rayman Legends.
Mii QR Code
Twitter
YouTube
Where Nintendo lead, others follow!
ledreppe

Postby ThePokekid78 » 04 Jan 2013, 14:55

'E3 will be another great show'

Implying that Nintendo's E3 2012 conference was also a 'great show'? Because, I'm sorry Ninty, but it really wasn't...
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby lobo12 » 04 Jan 2013, 18:25

am i the only one willing for a Link's Crossbow Training 2?
lobo12

Postby Tazer_Silverscar » 04 Jan 2013, 18:37

Nintendo need to cop on and release something big. Bigger than Miiverse (which is currently not even a 'universe', as it's only accessable on WiiU). They can't ignore the threats of the other two competitors - Microsoft have games still pouring out their ears, and Sony are obviously confident they'll survive that recent gaffe about the patent because they haven't said anything regarding it.

Also to point out, it makes no sense to release a game in Japan and the US, but have loyal fans in the PAL regions wait even longer, especially when there's no viable reason for delay.

lobo12 wrote:am i the only one willing for a Link's Crossbow Training 2?

Perhaps. Really, a crossbow doesn't fit a Zelda game in the first place. Everyone in the series uses traditional shortbows or longbows.
Come visit my DA Gallery at ether-enereon.deviantart.com
3DS Friend Code: 2406 - 5207 - 9606
Tazer_Silverscar

Postby MummifiedCoconut » 05 Jan 2013, 03:38

Tazer_Silverscar wrote:
lobo12 wrote:am i the only one willing for a Link's Crossbow Training 2?

Perhaps. Really, a crossbow doesn't fit a Zelda game in the first place. Everyone in the series uses traditional shortbows or longbows.

Why? Crossbows were invented before the era of human history that Twilight Princess draws from. It makes more sense than handy pocket bombs. Unless you have another explaination as to why it doesn't fit?
MummifiedCoconut

Postby mattr » 05 Jan 2013, 09:01

Clicked article expecting to hear about games and found none. So glad I didn't buy a Wii U.
mattr

Postby bowsersblog » 05 Jan 2013, 12:22

I'm hoping Nintendo has a big showing at E3 this year. I have confidence that this will be a good year for the Big N.
bowsersblog

Postby RedBearLuX » 06 Jan 2013, 15:12

For once I've held off buying a system at it's launch, as I always seem to regret it and so far I think I did the right thing, it's not that the Wii U has 'no games' but a lot of them are available cheaper on other systems (that I have) and so far nothing is striking me as a must buy in Q1 except Pikmin 3 and possibly Rayman. Plus Granger games are now selling the Wii U Premium at £250!! :O So I think come summer I'm going to be getting a pretty great deal on a pretty great console :D
RedBearLuX

Postby 3DSRulesO.K » 06 Jan 2013, 21:00

mattr wrote:Clicked article expecting to hear about games and found none. So glad I didn't buy a Wii U.

You really made me angry with that comment, the title of the article wasn't 'Nintendo announce 2013 Wii U games'. It was 'Nintendo: There are lots of fantastic Wii U games to come in 2013' it was clearly an article about Nintendo bigging themselves up and creating hype for E3 2013. Games don't get announced DURING RANDOM INTERVIEWS not in gaming, or any other form of media. Wii U has some great launch games, like Nintendo Land, NSMBU and Zombi U. If only you knew how good these games are, you will be kicking yourself for not buying a Wii U. :roll:
As you can tell, I like the 3DS. A lot.
3DSRulesO.K