Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Best 3DS eShop games for 2013

Comment on site articles.

Our top five downloads for the next 12 months

There were some great games released through the 3DS eShop last year. From Fallblox to Hydroventure: Spin Cycle and Crimson Shroud, some of the best 3DS eShop games came out in 2012. 2013 has a lot to live up to but there are already some games that you should be really excited about.

... read more

Best 3DS eShop games for 2013

Postby Darkblizz » 04 Jan 2013, 16:40

I do ever so want Harmoknight.
Darkblizz

Re: Best 3DS eShop games for 2013

Postby MJTH » 04 Jan 2013, 16:54

I'm didn't know harmoknight was a download game. Now I'm a lot more excited for it! I'm also quite looking forward to Ikachan.

And "potentially" an official announcement for GBA games for 3DS, and some more game boy colour games (Super Mario Bros Duluxe and the original Shantae game) That would be nice for 2013 too.
Something's coming up the plumbing, poor Luigi's in a bind. Giant turtles are out to get him, Creepy Crabs are right behind. Spiders, flies. Jeepers! Yikes!, They're coming out the pipes. "MARIO! WHERE ARE YOU!!!"
MJTH

Postby ledreppe » 04 Jan 2013, 16:57

Is Harmonight like, say, Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy or Rhythm Thief, cause those are 2 rhythm games I'm quite good at. That's about it for what I want from this list, NightSky looks like it could get fiendishly difficult towards the end.
Nintendo Network ID: BigAl79
3DS Friend Code
Getting: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Rayman Legends.
Mii QR Code
Twitter
YouTube
Where Nintendo lead, others follow!
ledreppe

Postby skyluigi » 04 Jan 2013, 17:28

Eh... I'm not really looking forward to Harmoknight. I am looking forward to Mutant Mudds 2, NightSky and, even though it's not on the list, Denpa Men 2. That game was awesome! :D
Oh, and Ikachan too, that looks great!
Woo hoo!
skyluigi

Postby Rufan » 04 Jan 2013, 18:52

I loved and completed Rhythm Thief, so I'm looking forward to Harmonknight.
Looking for Animal Crossing New Leaf friends, My friend Code is: 3566-1527-3477 Please PM me your friend code so that I can add you. thanks!
Rufan

Postby Commandervideo » 04 Jan 2013, 20:24

What about Cave story+ and Denpa Men 2. I'm really looking forward to them myself as well as Nightsky, 1001spikes and Mutant Mudds2. Ikachan is alright too. It's gunna be another great year for the eshop.
My Colors!3D Gallery
THE BEST EQUALS = MK7 + SSBB + SM64
Commandervideo

Postby shy guy 64 » 04 Jan 2013, 20:26

im really looking forward to harmo knight
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby IG-42 » 04 Jan 2013, 21:20

my god harmoknight is going to drive people out of their minds after perfect scores
chimchar is a monkey with it's ass on fire turtwig is better
IG-42

Postby GuitarHero » 04 Jan 2013, 21:27

Harmoknight does look interesting, and if they release a demo then I'll definitely try it.
GuitarHero

Postby mirage 5x5 » 04 Jan 2013, 21:40

the second Shantae was very good on the ipad :D
so i will be looking forward to Shantae And The Pirate's Curse :D
but don't think i will get any of the other games on this list
mirage 5x5

Postby alexkinch » 05 Jan 2013, 12:18

Commandervideo wrote:What about Cave story+ and Denpa Men 2. I'm really looking forward to them myself as well as Nightsky, 1001spikes and Mutant Mudds2. Ikachan is alright too. It's gunna be another great year for the eshop.

I did not think cave story + was coming to Europe. It's been on USA dsi for a while but I heard it got removed to make way for the plus version. I got cave story 3d a while back I'm hoping the plus version is the same so I wont have to get it again.

Thanks to MartinisAwesome for the sig,
Wii u Id is alexkinch
3ds FC is 2191 7652 3318
alexkinch

Postby adamatsu » 05 Jan 2013, 13:03

Hey ONM, is there any way you could add a schedule on the front page for upcoming Wii U/3DS UK release dates? I can only ever find US release dates on other sites which aren't the same. It would make a great addition to the site (unless you've already done it and i just can't see it!!).
adamatsu

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 05 Jan 2013, 13:12

They all look rather decent. Now though, I'm wondering which system I should get 1,001 Spikes for. Considering it was originally designed for home consoles, I might have to go for the Wii U version... when I get one.
Certainly, Harmonknight is also my most anticipated 3DS eShop game.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby GuitarHero » 05 Jan 2013, 18:05

adamatsu wrote:Hey ONM, is there any way you could add a schedule on the front page for upcoming Wii U/3DS UK release dates? I can only ever find US release dates on other sites which aren't the same. It would make a great addition to the site (unless you've already done it and i just can't see it!!).

I actually was about to ask for this, as it would be very useful to see.
GuitarHero

Postby fisher2007 » 05 Jan 2013, 22:34

harmo knight.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

3DS FC is 0130-1987-2452 If you add me then please PM me
fisher2007

Postby Waldy565 » 06 Jan 2013, 20:45

I saw the screenshots and saw Shantea... looking good, and Risky's Revenge is on the watch list (I can only find the original for a wallet-busting £100! I thought £10 was a lot better hehe,) ,and I was SO excited when Harmoknight was released, to find it was pushed back was devastating, but now we have a release date to juggle with, it's sounding good!
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Waldy565 » 06 Jan 2013, 20:59

the trailer for 1001 spikes... SO GENERIC. Put me off, not only that, it looks really similar to other games all ready available... Maybe Nicalis will release some better games later down the line, still Harmoknight and Shantae for me
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby TheSlenderman » 16 Jan 2013, 19:42

I have said before that I haven't seen anything on the 3ds eshop in a while that has caught my eye, but some of these games might just change that. I'm particularly interested by nightsky and harmoknight. :D
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman