Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Animal Crossing: New Leaf learned lessons from Let's Go To T

Comment on site articles.

Nintendo President ponders the success of the new 3DS game

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has been discussing the success of Animal Crossing: New Leaf in an interview with Nikkei. According to Iwata, the team's determination to make a superior game to Let's Go To The City was one reason why it has sold over two million copies.

... read more

Animal Crossing: New Leaf learned lessons from Let's Go To T

Postby d28m » 07 Jan 2013, 15:17

I'm really looking forward to this game!!!! Only thing is.... Why did they cut out voice chat? It's gonna be so annoying to go back to typing :(
d28m

Re: Animal Crossing: New Leaf learned lessons from Let's Go

Postby Argenthor » 07 Jan 2013, 17:30

Did the game sell 2 million or 5 million? Both are impressive numbers!
Argenthor

Postby King Slazo » 07 Jan 2013, 17:43

Argenthor wrote:Did the game sell 2 million or 5 million? Both are impressive numbers!

Wild World sold over 5 million in Japan, while New Leaf has thus far sold over 2 million.

Nice to hear that they learned lessons, although I'd argue that Animal Crossing was always more suited to a handheld's pick up and play style than sitting down in front of a console, using the most awkward chat method known to man (really, WiiSpeak was just... why...).
~ if we make it through the night we'll watch the morning sun ~ endless tweetnobabble
King Slazo
ONM Moderator

Postby fisher2007 » 07 Jan 2013, 22:12

d28m wrote:I'm really looking forward to this game!!!! Only thing is.... Why did they cut out voice chat? It's gonna be so annoying to go back to typing :(

I'm not worried about voice chat because I'm shy and I'm not good at talking to strangers using voice chat also i prefer the tying also i think it be bad idea having voice chat and someone screaming and shout and playing annoying music in the background. :(
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

3DS FC is 0130-1987-2452 If you add me then please PM me
fisher2007

Postby STUMPWEASEL » 08 Jan 2013, 00:06

We've been looking at lots of the content on YouTube for the Japanese version of AC:New Leaf - it's such a huge improvement on the Wii game and back on a handheld console where it works so much better. I can't see quite how VoiceChat would fit into the 3DS version so am happy to go back to the keyboard.

There's so much else to look forward to: DreamTime, town improvements (I really want a lighthouse), the new Gold/Silver/Bronze system for upgrading your shovel, fishing rod, etc. Not to mention swimming, visiting the island, all the new shops. You can customise your house, your town and [SPOILERS] you can change your eye colour not just your hair colour. And who wouldn't want to dress up as Santa and deliver presents to fellow villagers?!

I understand that localisation takes time, had hoped we might get our hands on AC:NL before now. But all in all, I think it will be truly worth the wait. :D
"There are certain shades of limelight that can wreck a girl's complexion" Holly Golightly
STUMPWEASEL

Postby WOLFENFTW » 08 Jan 2013, 14:09

d28m wrote:I'm really looking forward to this game!!!! Only thing is.... Why did they cut out voice chat? It's gonna be so annoying to go back to typing :(

Voice chat would be good but text chat using the 3DS touchscreen will be far easier than using the Wii remote in Lets go to the City.

Really looking forward to this but not my most wanted game of 2013, Layton v Wright is still up top.
Sonic and Star Fox, the two greatest game series of them all.
Shadow the Hedgehog and Wolf O' Donnell FTW!!!
Crossover anyone?
WOLFENFTW

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 08 Jan 2013, 15:18

Let's Go To The City was my first Animal Crossing game,and one of the most disappointing games I've ever played.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby theycallmejack » 08 Jan 2013, 15:46

As long as they've learned that Animal tracks was a horrible horrible idea, then I'm happy!
theycallmejack

Postby redeye » 08 Jan 2013, 19:18

I played Let's Go To The City and enjoyed it, however it wasn't as good as the Game Cube game. Am still playing Wild World but really want New Leaf sooner rather than later. :twisted:
redeye

Postby WolfyWardark » 08 Jan 2013, 19:46

I really hope that the grass doesn't disappear when walked over in New Leaf!
WolfyWardark

Postby Amidamaru » 08 Jan 2013, 20:10

WolfyWardark wrote:I really hope that the grass doesn't disappear when walked over in New Leaf!

sorry to break it to you but it is, but on a better note it doesn't seem to be as quick depending on what type of town you chose. also it's supposed to be easier and quicker now to regrow it.
3DS FR: 2578-3106-1931
ACWW: 3224-6366-6571
Thanks to Giantchuchu for the avatar
Amidamaru