Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Pokemon X and Y's new Pokemon

Comment on site articles.

Updated with the new and old Pokemon who will appear in the game

The first ever Pokemon X and Y announcement was full of surprises. Nintendo shocked us all by announcing the first games of Generation VI and then they announced a global release date and even showcased the Starters, the first Pokemon to be revealed in the Pokemon X and Y Pokedex.

... read more

Pokemon X and Y's new Pokemon

Postby fisher2007 » 08 Jan 2013, 16:25

I will choose Fennekin and i like fire starters.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.
fisher2007

Re: Pokemon X and Y's new Pokemon

Postby oOFreddieHillOo » 08 Jan 2013, 16:38

I'm pretty sure that the X and Y don't relate to DNA/Gender

I think it refers to the X Y Z axis (Dimensions)

The Legendary X Pokemon is a stag - The X axis measures distance, so the stag will travel across land
The Legendary Y Pokemon is a bird/dragon - The Y axis measures height, so the bird will fly up high etc

The third game will most likely be Z because X Y Z represent three dimensions - which would make perfect sense as this is the first 3D pokemon installment! :D
oOFreddieHillOo

Postby shadowlugia101 » 08 Jan 2013, 16:50

for now i'm going to get chespin, but it might change depending on their evolutions
My 3DS Friend Code is 3222-5557-3599,PM if you add me.

shadowlugia101

Postby lol95 » 08 Jan 2013, 16:53

I think it's a bit early to confirm that the featured previous gen Pokemon in the announcement are going to be in the games. All three starters look good, their designs are so brilliant that I've yet to choose a favourite although Chespin has sparked my interest just because it's so different. The legendaries look awesome as well, I can safely say that I'm more hyped for this generation than I was for V.
lol95

Postby DynamicPunch202 » 08 Jan 2013, 16:59

Both Legendarys look fantastic but I think I'll go for the Bird/Dragon/Prize claw one. I have no idea what starter I want, and I will have to decide based on there evolutions.
DynamicPunch202

Postby Slinkington » 08 Jan 2013, 17:06

Absolutely fantastic announcement. I honestly didn't think we'd be hearing about the next generation of Pokemon games - it just didn't seem like enough time had passed in order for them to develop it, but here it is!

The new 3D world enhances the visuals so much, it's a shame to see the pixel art gone, but they've managed to capture the same style perfectly. Really looking forward to this!
Slinkington

Postby theycallmejack » 08 Jan 2013, 17:09

Everyone's getting jazzed over Fennekin but to me it just looks like differently coloured Zorua on a weight loss programme. I want Chespin! Then again, I'm also kind of interested in Froakie... so much choice! Depends on how the final evolutions look... As for X and Y, I prefer Y, but only marginally... If these designs are a sign of things to come then I'm very very excited to see some of the new Pokemon! Great work from GameFreak!
theycallmejack

Postby torterratrainer » 08 Jan 2013, 17:23

first thoughts:

5 minutes in: come on start the true broadcast already!
7 minutes in: NOOOO i wanted Emerald 2!
8 minutes in: that's a daft name sounds like XY Chromosomes?
9 minutes in: those starters look incredibly daft apart from foxy loxy
10 minutes in: them graphics look like they prototypes on DS first - hope it dont stick
10.5 mintues in: at least the Legendries look emerald like! :)
after: i wantz di preaciouzzz
Torterratrainer has evolved into AzureRathalos!
Hey monster Hunter fans! check out the guild hall on chatango for monster hunter chats and mingling :)
http://mhunterguildhall.chatango.com/
torterratrainer

Postby JamieRIOT » 08 Jan 2013, 17:30

Usually I always prefer the water-types, but the fire one looks much better this time around.
JamieRIOT

Postby ThePokekid78 » 08 Jan 2013, 17:32

THE. STARTERS. ARE. HORRIBLE.

I'm sorry, but...here we have our proof that the designs are getting worse.

When I saw the Gen 5 starters I hated them. I've kinda gotten over them but they were still the worst starters...until now.

The fox thing I can deal with. It's not too bad. But the other two?! MY GOD do hurt to look at....

The problem I have is that they look fake. You know when someone creates a Pokemon, goes 'OMG NEW POKEMON' and it obviously doesn't look legit? That's the way these look to me. The peanut thing just makes you want to punch it, and the frog, 'Froakie'?! IT'S HORRID.

...That said the legendaries are pretty cool. However, the dragon being the obvious mascot for Y is obvious. Noticed the shape of the thing? IT'S A Y SHAPE -_-

Shame the starters suck though :L
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby mrmariomaster » 08 Jan 2013, 17:40

Slinkington wrote:Absolutely fantastic announcement. I honestly didn't think we'd be hearing about the next generation of Pokemon games - it just didn't seem like enough time had passed in order for them to develop it, but here it is!

The new 3D world enhances the visuals so much, it's a shame to see the pixel art gone, but they've managed to capture the same style perfectly. Really looking forward to this!

this.
Friend code: 0216 0853 8882
Friend code name: Ewan
Dream code: 6000 2211 2882
mrmariomaster

Postby Waldy565 » 08 Jan 2013, 17:42

@lol95 makes a good point, my man! I just LOST my friggin post, so I will try to type it again. At the start of the vid (youtube) we see that the character models are very reminiscent of Colosseum/Gale of Darkness. While these games were average (I'm sure X and Y won't, no, they'll be fantastic!) it does detract a little from the charm of the games. I am very much in favour of the 3D world however, and I hope that the region is very vast with the added power of the 3DS. There looks to be some real-life interaction, with a tower at 0:27 which looks similar to the Blackpool/Eiffel Tower. At 0:29 there is a statue that to me resembles Palkia in it's look, and what is it with Pokemon and bridges! I hope the battle system stays as it is, and it's not just a tech demo, as it looks very fluent and unique, even for Pokemon! It is also nice to see a throwback to the older gen Pokemon, I detested how B/W locked you away from Pokemon who had grown on you, on you knew which Pokemon worked with you and which did not. 1:00, I hope you don't find Pokemon like this, but somehow I don't think it is going to be this way. 1:02, this gym looks interesting, I believe it to be Electric, as it looks similar to Elesa's and Lt Surge's. 1:06, this could be a puzzle of a dungeon or a puzzle of the Bug type gym (2 types confirmed if I am right,). Thridly, a fire-type dungeon, this amy be the lair to a legendary or just another dungeon. We are then showed the legendaries... Both look amazing! My previosu post had a bit more content, but seeming as ONM locked me out and I lost it, I will copy this and paste it, in case when I press submit I lose this too!
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Alina Munir » 08 Jan 2013, 18:04

Im DEFINITELY getting Fennekin!!! :P
Im also crazy about the new stag-like Pokemon that has shiny antlers! :lol:

But why another game announced now; B/W 2 have only just come out! I still need £15.75 before I can buy Black 2... :(
Which new legendary do you guys like: the stag or the bird! It'll be an interesting debate...
Alina Munir

Postby Bulbasaur483 » 08 Jan 2013, 18:05

I think that with the X and Y they're refering to DNA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MYbmIxzer8 1:23 Look at the logos. That rainbow-colored thing looks like DNA.
It probably is DNA unless they they release Pokemon Z which would be the third dimension (depth)... or maybe Pokemon have the Z chromosome, who knows... XD
Bulbasaur483

Postby Smyrlie » 08 Jan 2013, 18:05

The legendaries look AMAZING. I don't know how I'm going to pick one, I might even end up getting both. As for the starters, fenniken looks the best, but I always pick the water type so froakie, you're mine! :mrgreen: I like how he looks but I'm not a fan of the name. I'm not sure how I feel about chespin, he's certainly different. I want these games sooo much now.
3DS Friend Code: 5198-2575-6428
NNID: Smyrlie
Smyrlie

Postby Apple_Pie » 08 Jan 2013, 18:10

theycallmejack wrote:Everyone's getting jazzed over Fennekin but to me it just looks like differently coloured Zorua on a weight loss programme. I want Chespin! Then again, I'm also kind of interested in Froakie... so much choice! Depends on how the final evolutions look...

I actually think that Chespin looks like a brown Oshawott with a funky hat on! Froakie is freaky and Fennekin looks awesome, sort of like vulpix, hopefully the evolution will be as epic as Ninetails!
3DS Friend Code: 0216-0896-7911 (Dan)
PM me if you add :)
Apple_Pie

Postby Alina Munir » 08 Jan 2013, 18:15

Smyrlie wrote:The legendaries look AMAZING. I don't know how I'm going to pick one, I might even end up getting both. As for the starters, fenniken looks the best, but I always pick the water type so froakie, you're mine! :mrgreen: I like how he looks but I'm not a fan of the name. I'm not sure how I feel about chespin, he's certainly different. I want these games sooo much now.

I think Chespin and Froakie look weird. Fennekin is the only decent-looking one... :roll:
As for me, I could NEVER manage to get both games as I spend most of my money on sweets/chocolates/Coca-Cola etc. :oops:
I'm not sure how I feel about these X and Y games, I prefer more "classical" Pokemon, and if the rumours are true and you CAN change the DNA around, I don't want the game. :twisted:
Plus I still want Pokemon Black 2. :mrgreen:
Alina Munir

Postby Layton link » 08 Jan 2013, 18:21

well....after that horrible time with the fire pokemon tepig..looks like iam back with water pokemon..
oh Froakie..how amazing you look..
Layton link

Postby shy guy 64 » 08 Jan 2013, 18:24

i LOVE them

i think i'll go for the grass starter and the version with the epic stag
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby hunter metroid » 08 Jan 2013, 18:39

im stuck between the grass and fire starter as the one to get when the games come out as of which game to get i dont know its 50-50 right now
my friend code 0044-2907-4835
pm me yours if you add me
hunter metroid

Postby koopa_kicker » 08 Jan 2013, 18:54

Hey, at least the chance of having yet another Fire/Fighting starter are pretty slim, and I like the idea K-tet had with Fire/Physic,Water/Fighting and Grass/Dark starters for the usual super effectiveness chain to be countered by an opposing chain of typing.

I really, really hope Game Freak decide to go really, really balisitc on the typing combinations this time around. Fire combined with Water or Ice would be pretty sweet, though I have some of my own ideas that include a Poison/Steel type with lethal poison tipped blades, a Ghost/Steel typed possessed armour Pokemon that would be quite bulky and immune to FIghting types (Ghost covers the Steel weakness) and a Ghost/Grass type based off the real life Ghost Plant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monotropa_uniflora. Unqiue, very rare plant, but awesome plant that needs no light (screw chlorophyll), able of living in completely darkness and can sap the live out of other living things(AKA like a ghost), but thankfully humans aren't one of it's main food sources. Even funnier is the fact that even more rarely, this plant is found red as opposed to pale pink/white (lol-shininess would actually be better and make more sense here compared to the likes of Garchomp with barely any change or randomly green Espeon!)

Anyway...Gen 6 on 3DS with new Pokemon and Region...Can't---well gonna have to wait! :)
Last edited by koopa_kicker on 08 Jan 2013, 19:00, edited 3 times in total.
koopa_kicker

Postby Bexie » 08 Jan 2013, 18:55

Alina Munir wrote:But why another game announced now; B/W 2 have only just come out!

It came out like 3 months ago. That's not 'only just'.
NYANMIE
My grasp of sarcasm over the internet is non-existent.
Overuses the xD face.
3DS FC: 5412-9906-7581
Bexie

Postby redeye » 08 Jan 2013, 19:11

I always take fire and grass as starter mon, I find water not so great :twisted:
redeye

Postby Riverlution » 08 Jan 2013, 19:12

I am sooo hyped! I was so hoping for a Snap 2 release as I thought there was no way this would be announced yet... but this is even better.

Oh, and the starters look pretty cool. Way better than the last three!
Riverlution

Postby koopa_kicker » 08 Jan 2013, 19:18

Bexie wrote:
Alina Munir wrote:But why another game announced now; B/W 2 have only just come out!

It came out like 3 months ago. That's not 'only just'.

Shows that Game Freak aren't just sitting down celebrating the success from the last games they made and are ploughing back into making more main Pokemon games. Plus these are for the 3DS, which will be about 2.5 years old by the time October comes round. If you're one of those who got the 3DS fairly early in 2011, it may feel like it has taken ages for this moment to arrive, and leaving the announcement later (After February) could get some annoyed by a 3 year wait with no infomation main game Pokemon 3DS-wise.
koopa_kicker

Next