Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Pokemon X and Y: Everything you need to know

Comment on site articles.

From the release date to the new Pokemon and the region

Pokemon X and Y are the first adventures in the sixth generation of Pokemon games. Aside from Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, It is the first time that the Pokemon games haven't been names after colours. Now we're going to tell you everything you need to know about the new adventures from the release date to the new Pokemon and the region. Don't expect any rumours about Fairy Types here. These are just the facts. Plus a bit of insight...

... read more

Postby Carloz » 09 Jan 2013, 11:52

So what you think of this ? http://imgur.com/a/an3XQ
Carloz

Postby vix_chan » 09 Jan 2013, 11:57

I was a real big pokemon fan in the day, but the last game I bought was black, and I didn't get around to completing it (so didnt bother buying B/W2)

But it looks great that pokemon has finaly evolved into a full 3D world. I can see myself buying this and playing it for a very long time.
Thanks for the votes everyone.
vix_chan

Re: Pokemon X and Y: Everything you need to know

Postby MarioMagic » 09 Jan 2013, 14:25

Not exactly Everthing I need to know. Do I not need to know the story? Do I not need to know the other 100+ new Pokemon? Cummon guyyyyyyssss.
Swiggidy swag, what's in the bag?
MarioMagic

Postby phil2512 » 09 Jan 2013, 16:25

The legendary pokémon in the trailer arecalled Xerneas(pronounced ZURR-nee-us) and Yveltal (pronounced ee-VELL-tall )
phil2512

Postby DynamicPunch202 » 09 Jan 2013, 17:27

I thought you'd got the actual release date! But at least we know it's coming sometime in October. And I'll still have pokemon mystery dungeon to keep me occupied (when that eventually comes here)
DynamicPunch202

Postby Jarmez » 09 Jan 2013, 17:31

So, if all pokémon in that video are part of the new region pokédex (and not being used as demonstration purposes), then so far we have: we have:

#001 Chespin, #002 ???, #003 ???, #004 Fennekin, #005 ???, #006 ???, #007 Froakie, #008 ???, #009 ???, #??? Pichu, #??? Pikachu, #??? Raichu, #??? Magikarp, #??? Gyarados, #??? Golett, #??? Golerk, #??? Ralts, #??? Kirlia, #??? Gardevoir, #??? Gallade, #??? Munchlax, #??? Snorlax, #??? Pansear, #??? Simisear (from this we can assume #??? Pansage, #??? Simisage, #??? Panpour, and #??? Simipour), #??? Patrat, #??? Watchdog, #??? Litwick, #??? Lampent, #??? Chandelure, #??? Psyduck, #??? Golduck, #??? Audino, #??? Sneasel, #??? Weavile, #??? Mienfoo, #??? Mienshao, #??? Dratini, #??? Dragonair, #??? Dragonite, #??? Xerneas and #??? Yveltal.

That's at least 45 pokémon in the new region pokédex (so far).
Image Graphics | Image T-shirts, phone cases, and pillows | Image Tweets | Image Jarmez | Image Jarmez7 | Image Jarmez7
Please say who you are in Friend Request message, otherwise I'll delete it. ._.
Jarmez

Postby Alaxtis » 09 Jan 2013, 18:27

The sequel: Pokemon X/Y 2: Algebra Edition. Starring Professor Oak, you would do maths that has nothing to do with pokemon whatsoever! :mrgreen:
Luigi!!
Alaxtis

Postby kirbysonic » 09 Jan 2013, 19:03

Pokemon X and Y...I heard some people reckon the names are based on chromosomes. Weird if it's true...if so, it might just separate the buyers according to gender :? It was revealed pretty quickly...it's barely been 2 months since I got PB2! Looking forward to the changes, though :D
kirbysonic

Postby Xyztrainer7210 » 09 Jan 2013, 21:05

I think ill get Pokemon Y to get Yveltal looks pretty cool and ill get fennikin ( he's boss and I'm a fire starter type of guy :mrgreen: )
Xyztrainer7210

Postby ThePokekid78 » 09 Jan 2013, 21:32

So GameFreak have given me only 1 year.

By October I have to have beaten the National Pokedex on BW2.

Challenge accepted.
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby Komodo_Wolfgang » 10 Jan 2013, 01:07

MarioMagic wrote:Not exactly Everthing I need to know. Do I not need to know the story? Do I not need to know the other 100+ new Pokemon? Cummon guyyyyyyssss.

Answer; No not really, why not wait till you get the game? Why ruin the suprise of finding the new Pokemon? Ok, I like knowing that too if Im honest, I like picking what I think looks coolest.

But the story? I never look up the story. Its one of the reasons I get the game, to play out the story. If I already know it, theres not much point me buying the game.

Just pointing out, we only just found out about the game yesterday (well, day before. its 10 past 12 now). Most games we find as much as we have now over the span of weeks/months. Rush everything for October and it will lose impact.

Roll on October!

P.S, as soon as I saw "X & Y" I thought "DNA". The 'new compatability' thing only makes that idea more plausable.

Shame its Paris over england though. Pfft.
My Animal Crossing New Leaf Tumblr! http://oakwoodnl.tumblr.com/
3DS:4141-2043-8010
DreamCode:7500-2191-1369
NID; Komodo_Wolfgang
Wiitabix wrote:I still feel we haven't seen the best of the Wii U yet, no where near.
Komodo_Wolfgang

Postby Toquill » 10 Jan 2013, 13:51

kirbysonic wrote:Pokemon X and Y...I heard some people reckon the names are based on chromosomes. Weird if it's true...if so, it might just separate the buyers according to gender :? It was revealed pretty quickly...it's barely been 2 months since I got PB2! Looking forward to the changes, though :D

If that's true, I'm getting both versions! I'll also buy my sister 2 'X' versions... (Cricket chirping...)
Toquill

Postby Toquill » 10 Jan 2013, 13:53

Komodo_Wolfgang wrote:Shame its Paris over england though. Pfft.

Yeah, it'd be pretty fantastic getting a gym badge from my local community hall.
Toquill

Postby Olympion » 21 May 2013, 16:24

I'm so glad the main Pokemon games are finally making the 3D leap, and X/Y look like they could become the best Pokemon games ever made!
Olympion

Postby ihuntermusic » 21 May 2013, 18:39

The only Pokemon game I've bought was Pokemon Blue - I did love it but since then there have been loads and I didn't know when to jump back in - these games take commitment! :) X and Y seem to be looking pretty great and I am keen. The thing is - am I the only one who is thinking I'd rather wait and see if they do Pokemon Z to encompass X and Y?
You think you know. Who you are. What's to come. You haven't even begun.
ihuntermusic

Postby Twinkle » 21 May 2013, 20:57

Im very excited for Pokemon X and Y! This news makes me feel crazy! I want to hear more news about this game each time its mentioned!
Twinkle