Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

eShop games of the week - Fractured Soul, Blaster Master and

Comment on site articles.

This week's Nintendo downloads

Fractured Soul, a platformer from Endgame studios, is the highlight of this week's 3DS eShop games. It's joined in the eShop by NES game Blaster Master, DSiWare game Kung Fu Dragon and Wii Virtual Console title Ninja Master's Haoh-Ninpo-Cho.

... read more

eShop games of the week - Fractured Soul, Blaster Master and

Postby vix_chan » 09 Jan 2013, 12:12

Fractured Soul looks like a game that i will die every 5 minuets playing...

Dont get me wrong, for a eShop game, it looks stunning, depending on other peoples thaughts on the game i might take the plunge and buy it :wink:
Thanks for the votes everyone.
vix_chan

Re: eShop games of the week - Fractured Soul, Blaster Master

Postby Slinkington » 09 Jan 2013, 12:19

Does the Wii U not get a weekly update? I've said it before, but again they're focusing too much on the 3DS! The Wii U needs attention.
Slinkington

Postby vix_chan » 09 Jan 2013, 12:24

Slinkington wrote:Does the Wii U not get a weekly update? I've said it before, but again they're focusing too much on the 3DS! The Wii U needs attention.

It all depends on who is developing the games, if none are finalised for the Wii U, then they can hardly place anything on it, can they.
I remeber when 3DS was released, we did not have a eShop on there for quite a while. At least Wii U has something on there.
Thanks for the votes everyone.
vix_chan

Postby K-tet » 09 Jan 2013, 12:25

At last, the original Blaster Master, although Tom you didn't do a very good job in bigging it up. ^^; There's more to it than that. I'd suggest reading up on its history. It sold very poorly in Japan, yet achieved cult status in the West. The game has one of the best 8-bit soundtracks in the NES library, and it's in my top 10 best NES games ever released. Hard as hell, but it's worth every penny. I still have the original cart somewhere. =D
K-tet

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 09 Jan 2013, 16:04

Fractured Soul actually looks like it could be really good. I've seen DSiWare games with a similar concept, but this looks like it has much more style. My only concern is their claim of "Mega Man hard". Is it hard because it's genuinely challenging, or hard because it's poorly designed. I look forward to some kind of review to see which it is.
Problem is though, I've got plenty of games to keep me going for ages so even if it does turn out to be great it'll be a while before I get to play it.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Ys - Adol | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby jaco_p » 09 Jan 2013, 19:58

None of these games look essential im afraid. Might give blaster master a go at some point though
i've met mario!!XD twice!
pm me someone please for wario diy, MH3, mariokart wii, brawl, etc i've got loadsa online games doing nuffin!
check out my registered games :-) http://www.nintendo-europe.com/user/jaco_pastorius
jaco_p

Postby fisher2007 » 09 Jan 2013, 22:58

Might give Fractured Soul a go at some point though.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

3DS FC is 0130-1987-2452 If you add me then please PM me
fisher2007