Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

The Legend Of Zelda Symphony Of The Goddesses concert coming

Comment on site articles.

The Zelda orchestra returns to London in May - ticket details

The Legend Of Zelda Symphony Of The Goddesses is coming to the UK in May. The concert will, like the Zelda 25th Anniversary show, be held at the Hammersmith Apollo with a date set for 23 May 2013.

... read more

The Legend Of Zelda Symphony Of The Goddesses concert coming

Postby AMthedude » 11 Jan 2013, 10:28

Yes, yes, YES! The 25th Anniversary concert was absolutely incredible. I can't wait for this one!
I drink blue juice from under the sink!
AMthedude

Re: The Legend Of Zelda Symphony Of The Goddesses concert co

Postby shy guy 64 » 11 Jan 2013, 11:32

well here's hopeing it comes to edinburgh
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby RainbowGazelle » 11 Jan 2013, 11:46

Other places exist in the UK as well as London...

shy guy 64 wrote:well here's hoping it comes to Edinburgh

I second that!
If anyone wants to play online, my 3DS FC is: 3437-3065-1394
My Wii U NNID is: RainbowGazelle
RainbowGazelle

Postby ninjafox » 11 Jan 2013, 12:15

Yes! This is fantastic news I had given up hope on it coming to the UK.
I missed the 25th anniversary concert and hugely regretted it after so will certainly be attending this one! Cannot wait :D
ninjafox

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 11 Jan 2013, 13:26

I too missed the first one, so it's nice that it has finally come back around. Hopefully my brother can get the time off work, otherwise I might have to go on my own.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Castle Crashers Four-Square | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby NintendoForLife » 11 Jan 2013, 13:32

London again I see. Sigh
NintendoForLife at your service.
NintendoForLife

Postby lrwr14 » 11 Jan 2013, 13:54

That is awesome. Never went to the 25th anniversary one, and me and my mate wanted to. So looks like we may be going to this one.
Master of the Long Sword.
lrwr14

Postby KH81314 » 11 Jan 2013, 14:10

So close, I going to be there just a little bit earlier.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby TheRexFactor » 11 Jan 2013, 16:19

Why May?! I really want to go but I may well have exams around then (all throughout May possibly). Dammit, I won't even know for another month or so
I used to be a mod, now I'm just part of the community.
3DS FC: 3780-9077-9091 (let me know if you add me so I can add back)
Mario Kart 7 and Animal Crossing New Leaf current online games
TheRexFactor

Postby chojin » 11 Jan 2013, 16:35

W00T, I'm up for that #pullsoutcreditcardready
:twisted:
chojin

Postby Buggy » 11 Jan 2013, 22:05

Does anyone know what time the concert will be? I have two exams that day but if it's in the evening I should be able to go.
Formerly BlueKirby, but then I got a facebook page and forgot my password. woo.
Buggy

Postby CraigEmberson » 11 Jan 2013, 22:11

It annoys the crap out of me that America gets several dates and we get ONE date... Ridiculous.
Craig-E
CraigEmberson

Postby GRexCarolinii » 12 Jan 2013, 13:24

Can relate to well to the exams thing....
I would die to go to this, but.... ugh... University Exams kinda important...
why am I doing a degree again?
GRexCarolinii

Postby Baker1000 » 12 Jan 2013, 13:58

Yeah why only London? Just because we're a small island doesn't mean we all want to travel across the length of it to see a concert.
Baker1000

Postby Bigtime » 12 Jan 2013, 16:07

The one day out of the whole year I can't go...
"Eat right, exercise, die anyway..."
Bigtime

Postby KOP » 13 Jan 2013, 14:46

Gah! The week before my half term break! No! :(
KOP

Postby Stokesy » 14 Jan 2013, 01:01

Brilliant! Definitely going to try and get tickets for this if I can. The 25th Anniversary Concert was a fantastic show!

And from what i've seen on the producer's website, they're looking to tour all over Europe this year so there may be more UK shows coming, just that the London date is the only one that's been announced so far.

Jason Michael Paul Productions, Inc.’s founder, Jason Michael Paul, is an American-born concert producer, promoter, and entrepreneur. Paul produced.................... the “25th Anniversary Legend of Zelda”, and “Legend Of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses”, which is currently touring the U.S. and Canada and will add tour dates in Europe, Australia, and Asia in 2013.
Stokesy

Postby CraigEmberson » 14 Jan 2013, 23:48

Stokesy wrote:Brilliant! Definitely going to try and get tickets for this if I can. The 25th Anniversary Concert was a fantastic show!

And from what i've seen on the producer's website, they're looking to tour all over Europe this year so there may be more UK shows coming, just that the London date is the only one that's been announced so far.

Jason Michael Paul Productions, Inc.’s founder, Jason Michael Paul, is an American-born concert producer, promoter, and entrepreneur. Paul produced.................... the “25th Anniversary Legend of Zelda”, and “Legend Of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses”, which is currently touring the U.S. and Canada and will add tour dates in Europe, Australia, and Asia in 2013.

You forget that in December 2011, they said they were doing that for 2012... They didn't. It seems that they can only use the American orchestra... It just bugs me that America has to get everything first, the best and are the priority. Europe is the biggest source of income for most things.
Craig-E
CraigEmberson

Postby eroslanith » 17 Jan 2013, 23:55

Haha, I agree about the whole American thing though I think that's because I'm still really bitter about the way Nintendo handles these concerts. It's all been extremely poor for their EU fans. I went to the 25th Anniversary show in 2011 and posters were £20 when they were $10 in the LA show. Talk about screwing your EU fans over. Same deal with the tshirts, £25 EU, $15-20 US. Don't even get me started on the ticket prices and the venue. Distant Worlds (the Final Fantasy version of these kind of concerts) charged an average of £40 for the vast majority of their tickets and played at the Royal Albert Hall. Zelda is an average of £62 (the 'cheap' £38 tickets are only in the last few rows yet again) and is at the Hammersmith Apollo. That isn't an orchestra venue - its better suited to rock/pop etc concerts and the like where you're dancing or raving. Why the Zelda concert has returned there I have no idea. ...And £110 for the front block with no VIP either. Then again the VIP was complete garbage as Kondo and Aonuma didn't even bother to meet their EU fans the first time (I heard they walked out halfway through the LA signings too back at the 25th Anniversary shows) so its no surprise that was dropped... And there is no reason to charge £110! Talk about squeezing people dry.

Gah, I really love the series to death but Nintendo you drive me nuts sometimes. I really hope they make it amazing but somehow I just don't see it being as good as Final Symphony the following week; another Final Fantasy symphony at a superior venue. Tickets were the same price but the composers (Uematsu and Hamauzu) are doing free signings during the day for all ticket holders. You just don't get that amount of dedication from the Nintendo team.

/rant ^.^;; Sorry, it's just so frustrating because I really want the Zelda concerts to be as good as the FF ones ;~;

Quick edit - Just realised the prices are £62 this year and not £66
eroslanith

Postby Linkfan42 » 20 Jan 2013, 16:50

Already booked my ticket since I couldn't make it to the 25th anniversary concert. I can easily say that I'm VERY excited to be going.
Linkfan42

Postby kingconnor » 01 Feb 2013, 09:33

Any one got any ideas how long it is for?

PM for FCs, Skype, Facebook etc
kingconnor

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 01 Feb 2013, 16:02

kingconnor wrote:Any one got any ideas how long it is for?

Given that there are two additional movements, a bit longer than the original performance I'm guessing.

My brother finally got his days off so that we can attend!! I'm so freaking happy!
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Castle Crashers Four-Square | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby MissCalatia » 08 Feb 2013, 14:25

Just for everybody complaining why is there only one UK show / why is it in London...

America is HUGE. Texas alone is three times the size of mainland Britain. So it's quite reasonable that they needed a lot more gigs there than they're going to do in the UK.

And sadly it is traditional that if you're only going to do one gig in a country, you do it in the capital. Same goes in France and Germany which are a good deal bigger than the UK. I appreciate somewhere like Birmingham or Manchester would be fairer geographically, but you can't have everything!

But if it makes people in the outposts feel any better, sometimes I end up travelling long distance to gigs because the London / South-East ones always sell out first. I live in Cambridge so have easy access to London gigs, but have still ended up travelling to Flight of the Conchords in Glasgow, Metallica in Sheffield, Smashing Pumpkins in Manchester... You win some, you lose some!
MissCalatia

Postby DJCandy8 » 13 May 2013, 17:59

RainbowGazelle wrote:Other places exist in the UK as well as London...

There are, though London is UK's capital city. So London is usually where they would go knowing that.
Meow Meow Meow Meow I am a kitty Meow Meow Meow Meow.
3DS Friend Code: 2063-0338-0459. Meow Meow.
DJCandy8

Next