Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Limited Edition Fire Emblem 3DS console coming to America

Comment on site articles.

Cobalt Blue 3DS on the way...

The limited edition Fire Emblem 3DS bundle that was released in Japan last year is coming to the US and Canada.

... read more

Limited Edition Fire Emblem 3DS console coming to America

Postby vix_chan » 14 Jan 2013, 11:54

Hmm, i think it's rather odd that with this set they decided to use the old 3DS model and not bother useing the XL, going a bit backwards with this.
Thanks for the votes everyone.
vix_chan

Re: Limited Edition Fire Emblem 3DS console coming to Americ

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 14 Jan 2013, 12:25

vix_chan wrote:Hmm, i think it's rather odd that with this set they decided to use the old 3DS model and not bother useing the XL, going a bit backwards with this.

I just think its odd that North America is actually getting the game pre-installed on a console. Fire Emblem strikes me as more of cult hit than a unit shifter.
I do love the look of the Cobalt Blue 3DS though.
I've got some cool video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble, so please check them out.
Latest Design: GURU-GURU, the Windmill Man
Don't forget about my Colors! Gallery
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby Waldy565 » 14 Jan 2013, 13:02

MartinIsAwesome wrote:I just think its odd that North America is actually getting the game pre-installed on a console. Fire Emblem strikes me as more of cult hit than a unit shifter.
I do love the look of the Cobalt Blue 3DS though.

This could make it a unit shifter, the game being pre-installed, People buy the 3DS for convenience because they've played previous entries, or they like the design on the console, and a storm is whipped up for Fire Emblem!
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Commandervideo » 14 Jan 2013, 13:04

Cobalt blue is my favorite colour for any console ever I'd say. Shame they didn't release the original cobalt blue over here. But yeah that Fire Emblem 3DS looks pretty awesome.
My Colors!3D Gallery
THE BEST EQUALS = MK7 + SSBB + SM64
Commandervideo

Postby KH81314 » 14 Jan 2013, 14:53

I'm really excited to get this game. To bad that I already have a 3Ds because I really like the design.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby Tams » 14 Jan 2013, 16:40

vix_chan wrote:Hmm, i think it's rather odd that with this set they decided to use the old 3DS model and not bother useing the XL, going a bit backwards with this.

The 3DS XL isn't really an update of the 3DS, more a sidegrade.
Tams

Postby vix_chan » 14 Jan 2013, 17:45

Tams wrote:

The 3DS XL isn't really an update of the 3DS, more a sidegrade.

I didnt say the XL was a Update (i know myself, owning both 3DS and 3DS XL) , just found it odd how we got the Pikachu Edition 3DS XL here in time for Xmas time, but America are geting a Fire Emblem 3DS this year. just a observation.

I am guessing Japan printed alot of these outer cases and wanted to use them up somewhere...
Thanks for the votes everyone.
vix_chan

Postby lrwr14 » 14 Jan 2013, 18:25

As soon as I read limited edition I my heart sank, i thought it was going to say monster hunter- just brought an XL so would have been a bit p****d if it was.
Master of the Long Sword.
lrwr14