Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Mutant Mudds Deluxe interview - 'HD brings a whole new exper

Comment on site articles.

Jools Watsham on the new Ghost levels, his favourite Nintendo games and hardcore platformers

2013 is the year of the hardcore platformer on the Wii U eShop. With games such as Cloudberry Kingdom, Runner2 and Mutant Mudds Deluxe coming to Nintendo's new digital store, fans of rock hard platformers should be challenged like never before this year.

... read more

Mutant Mudds Deluxe interview - 'HD brings a whole new exper

Postby Slinkington » 15 Jan 2013, 17:34

I think this game is better suited to the 3DS. Like Mighty Switch Force, although this game more so. I'll still download it as It's a fairly good game.
Slinkington

Re: Mutant Mudds Deluxe interview - 'HD brings a whole new e

Postby Aboyandhissequel » 15 Jan 2013, 17:42

So they added checkpoints to the Wii U game? Tom East will no doubt be delighted with that (and I'm sure the game will get a good 80+ accordingly, even though the 3DS game should have had that already) but you can count me out. I do not want easier, I wanted the same harder or extra hard. Not interested thanks.
As soon as there is a new Boy and His Blob game, for Wii U, 3DS or future Nintendo platform; I can delete this account and make a new one with a better name.

Make it happen Nintendo.
Aboyandhissequel

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 15 Jan 2013, 17:51

I love the 3DS version, but found it so annoying having to replay levels over and over until that one time where you get it right. It really needed the checkpoints from the start and should include them on the 3DS version as another update. I got stuck on one of the last V-Lands and I really don't want to rage smash my 3DS like I did with my first GBA SP, so the checkpoints would really help me finish the game.
I'm excited about number 2 and will most likely buy straight away.
Free Nintendo points codes, 3DS and Wii U eShop codes, and many others here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr

Postby RenegadeJools » 15 Jan 2013, 17:54

Checkpoints can be toggled on/off btw. :)
RenegadeJools

Postby Aboyandhissequel » 15 Jan 2013, 18:44

RenegadeJools wrote:Checkpoints can be toggled on/off btw. :)

Ah, that's good to know; pretty cool you decided to register with us btw. But yeah the truth is that I've already played through the game twice already, and doing so a third time just to get some extra ghost levels isn't enough purchase justification. For others that haven't played it on 3DS though that's awesome and they should buy it.

Looking forward to MM2 though as well as finding out about the FPS you have up your sleeve at any rate - hopefully no more unwarranted outcries about piracy though please. :wink:
As soon as there is a new Boy and His Blob game, for Wii U, 3DS or future Nintendo platform; I can delete this account and make a new one with a better name.

Make it happen Nintendo.
Aboyandhissequel

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 15 Jan 2013, 18:59

RenegadeJools are you actually from Renegade Kid? :o
Free Nintendo points codes, 3DS and Wii U eShop codes, and many others here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr

Postby RenegadeJools » 15 Jan 2013, 19:41

Thanks for playing through the game twice already, Aboyandhissequel. Based on the fact that you're obviously a skilled player, you might find the 20 new ghost levels right up your alley. And, yes, let's hope my "outcries" about piracy are indeed unwarranted. :)

Yes, Herbert_Rarr, I am from Renegade Kid. The checkpoints are not planned for a 3DS update as of yet. Maybe one day. If you do decide to check out the Wii U version; hopefully, the checkpoints will help you avoid rage smashing the GamePad. But, no guarantees on that. :)
RenegadeJools

Postby LOZanges » 15 Jan 2013, 19:41

Right now, I'm pondering as to what score ONM will give it. A possible 80%, maybe?
JoeONM: LOZanges is as good as Dynasty Warriors!

MatthewONM: LOZanges is nearly as good as me!

GavONM: LOZanges is as good as Nintendo Unleashed!
LOZanges

Postby LOZanges » 15 Jan 2013, 19:51

Aboyandhissequel wrote:
RenegadeJools wrote:Checkpoints can be toggled on/off btw. :)

Ah, that's good to know; pretty cool you decided to register with us btw. But yeah the truth is that I've already played through the game twice already, and doing so a third time just to get some extra ghost levels isn't enough purchase justification. For others that haven't played it on 3DS though that's awesome and they should buy it.

Looking forward to MM2 though as well as finding out about the FPS you have up your sleeve at any rate - hopefully no more unwarranted outcries about piracy though please. :wink:

Mutant Mudds as an FPS! Ingenious!! What will they think of next!!! Although I hope RK rest on their laurels a little tiny bit and stick to MM's graphical style, 'cause it's eye-wateringly beautiful. I hope all goes well with the project, Renegade Kid.

PS. Who would care if it looked like Doom with a little less gore? I wouldn't.

-Realises that it isn't a MM FPS, but more like cod. frowns. :(
Last edited by LOZanges on 15 Jan 2013, 19:58, edited 2 times in total.
JoeONM: LOZanges is as good as Dynasty Warriors!

MatthewONM: LOZanges is nearly as good as me!

GavONM: LOZanges is as good as Nintendo Unleashed!
LOZanges

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 15 Jan 2013, 19:52

RenegadeJools wrote:Yes, Herbert_Rarr, I am from Renegade Kid. The checkpoints are not planned for a 3DS update as of yet. Maybe one day. If you do decide to check out the Wii U version; hopefully, the checkpoints will help you avoid rage smashing the GamePad. But, no guarantees on that. :)

Great! Finally a game developer who listens to the gamers :D .
I wasn't planning on getting the Wii U version, sadly, since I probably will rage smash the Gamepad. I had to stop playing at home and start playing it on the bus so I wouldn't start screaming at the game given the fact that there were others around. But nevertheless I really loved the style, physics and gameplay of Mutant Mudds, but I don't think I'd want to do it all again; but it's a different matter for new levels - I would be happy to have more of the game, especially with checkpoints :P . I need something to motivate me to finish the damn thing :mrgreen: .
Herbert_Rarr

Postby TheSlenderman » 15 Jan 2013, 19:55

The only thing that put me off downloading this for 3ds was the price. I played the, demo though, and it seemed enjoyable enough. If it is in the next 3ds eshop sale, then I will get it.
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby KH81314 » 15 Jan 2013, 20:08

I want such a big fan of the original Mutant Mudds. Maybe this version will be better.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby K-tet » 15 Jan 2013, 20:34

I for one echo the sentiments that for Jools to be among us is indeed an honour and a privilege. We welcome you with open arms (although those that ragequitted so many times whilst playing a true F-off Nintendo Hard game would probably welcome you with a ball & chain and a meat mallet).

Personally, I'd have to have a real justifiable reason to buy the same game again. The reason why I didn't bother with Mighty Switch Force Hyper Drive Edition was because it was essentially an HD port. HD isn't a real concrete reason for me to invest, although I do like the idea of having Checkpoints, and more levels is always good. I'm just not feeling it at this moment in time.

Now a discount for being a repeat customer and owning the game on the 3DS would be a deal maker. Shame that ideal world where NNID's are unified doesn't exist at this moment in time. \o/;
K-tet