Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Disney Infinity confirmed for Wii U and Wii - trailer and re

Comment on site articles.

Disney take on Skylanders with new Wii U game that comes with collectible figures

Disney has confirmed Disney Infinity for Wii U and Wii. Described as a "new interactive gaming platform," the release date has been confirmed for June 2013.

... read more

Disney Infinity confirmed for Wii U and Wii - trailer and re

Postby Xenobladeperson » 15 Jan 2013, 21:53

Day 1 purchase for me. It has so much potential, looks so original. Can't wait.
Nintendo Ninja wrote:Never fear everything can be resolved by a large amount of violence
Xenobladeperson

Disney Infinity confirmed for Wii U and Wii - first trailer

Postby lazy_by_choice » 15 Jan 2013, 21:56

oohhh man, this actually looks good!! If it comes out on the 3DS then i'm thinking of getting it :D
3DS FC: 2492 - 4389 - 4961 - PM me if you add me & I'll add you back :)
lazy_by_choice

Re: Disney Infinity confirmed for Wii U and Wii - trailer an

Postby alexjones94 » 15 Jan 2013, 22:18

Even if this is the best game in the world, I'm not buying it. These games which prey on pester-power so that people spend a small fortune on a game - for practically worthless add-on content - really annoy me. Makes me imagine corporate fat cats thinking of the best way to squeeze money out of people who don't know better, pretty shameful if you ask me.
alexjones94

Disney Infinity confirmed for Wii U and Wii - first trailer

Postby aidanpowers1 » 15 Jan 2013, 22:18

I absolutely can't wait to play this. I think Disney have struck gold with this. Skylanders is a fun game but I don't really feel bothered about getting new characters but by Disney having characters people know and love I'm sure a lot more people will buy extra figures.
aidanpowers1

Postby IG-42 » 15 Jan 2013, 22:39

dear parents
you are in so much damn trouble
chimchar is a monkey with it's ass on fire turtwig is better
IG-42

Postby Riverlution » 15 Jan 2013, 22:40

It looks good, except for the darn figures that they'll make you buy :(
Riverlution

Postby shy guy 64 » 15 Jan 2013, 23:19

interesting
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby Toquill » 15 Jan 2013, 23:23

This pushes me towards buying a Wii U even more! I'm going to wait for Zelda U and maybe MarioKart, and when I do get a U, I'm definitely getting this game! Looks fantastic for something based on the Pixar films and the like.
Toquill

Postby Tailsdreggman » 15 Jan 2013, 23:37

I see Perry the Platypus in that group shot. Sold.
Trouble is, the people who complain about these extra mini-figures probably buy figures anyway; my shelves are awash with Marios, a Wolverine bobblehead and a Twilight Sparkle i'm particularly fond of. These are collectable, we're cool with them. Figures that are required for a game, however, we dislike because we are being made to buy them, or we're disallowed content. It's a bit like day-one DLC. We sorta feel cheated.
Good to see what could be considered Pixar's 'Golden Oldies' getting a show-in, though. Continuity Cavalcade games are always fun, if not just because you can go 'Oh, it's that guy!' and feel about twelve again.
Wise words of the month:You could kill two birds with one stone. Or you could watch them and be much happier
Tailsdreggman

Postby Guybrush20X6 » 15 Jan 2013, 23:45

I hope it's cheaper than skylanders.

I told myself I'd get Skylanders when the price dropped to a reasonable level. Still been sold for full price even with the sequel around.
Thanks to LightSamus for the awsome sig.

"Patience is a sharp razor to swallow"
-Sam (Sam & Max: Culture Shock)
Guybrush20X6

Postby Kirby8 » 16 Jan 2013, 00:33

Urgh! Looks really good, but it's clearly going to cost a bomb like Skylanders does.
Also known as NintendoMad888.
2-4-6-8
what pink blob do we love not hate?
k-i-rb-y
Kirbys a blob all day and night!!!

PARAMORE ROCKS!!!
NINTENDO 4 LIFE!!
COME ON MARIO PAINT WII (OR DS???)!!!
Kirby8

Postby dave666 » 16 Jan 2013, 01:16

JACK SKELLINGTON FIGURE

nuff said
dave666

Postby jaco_p » 16 Jan 2013, 02:15

i'm sure my little girl would love tthis but it's gonna have to be one helluva game to make me want it too!
i've met mario!!XD twice!
pm me someone please for wario diy, MH3, mariokart wii, brawl, etc i've got loadsa online games doing nuffin!
check out my registered games :-) http://www.nintendo-europe.com/user/jaco_pastorius
jaco_p

Postby KH81314 » 16 Jan 2013, 06:37

This could actually be something great. Excited to see how good it turns out.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 16 Jan 2013, 10:35

Am I the only one that doesn't think that this looks interesting at all? I mean, I'm a fan of Disney's films and animation and all, but the behind all the bright colours it just looks a bit lifeless if you ask me. Besides, what happens when you play the initial three Incredibles, Pirates of the Caribbean and Monsters University levels. Is that it?
People always complain about expensive downloadable content that's already on the game disc or day one downloadable content - isn't that just what these collectible figures are? Physical DLC? No, thank you.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Castle Crashers Four-Square | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby sedativegod » 16 Jan 2013, 10:57

dave666 wrote:JACK SKELLINGTON FIGURE

nuff said

this man speaks the truth right here!
sedativegod

Postby FamilyGAMEGuy8 » 16 Jan 2013, 11:36

Damn. This looks good but I worry about falling into the trap that Skylanders players are in. So much money...oh so much.

Also, this is the perfect opportunity to please the fans. How about some classic from Disney Afternoon like Launchpad and Darkwing Duck (wishful thinking though...).
FamilyGAMEGuy8: The self-proclaimed No.1 Mario and Sonic fan in all of Taunton!
FamilyGAMEGuy8

Postby kevws77 » 16 Jan 2013, 11:56

I think that this looks amazing. I am not normally worried about games with a lot of add-on content like this but from experience Disney merchandise retains quite alot of value anyway. The interactive and changeable characters and game worlds looks fantastic and the icing on the cake is the sight of Perry the Platypus from the superb Phineas & Ferb at 01.51 of the video.
kevws77

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 16 Jan 2013, 13:59

This is 100 times more interesting than Skylanders,because of the wide range of beloved Disney characters.

While the pay to play really put me of the Skylanders sequel,but this is enough to tempt me to go for it,I just hope it isn't as expensive as Skylanders,but what ever happens this will me a massive money maker for Disney.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby samus_killer » 16 Jan 2013, 14:01

MartinIsAwesome wrote:Am I the only one that doesn't think that this looks interesting at all? I mean, I'm a fan of Disney's films and animation and all, but the behind all the bright colours it just looks a bit lifeless if you ask me. Besides, what happens when you play the initial three Incredibles, Pirates of the Caribbean and Monsters University levels. Is that it?
People always complain about expensive downloadable content that's already on the game disc or day one downloadable content - isn't that just what these collectible figures are? Physical DLC? No, thank you.

Even though I'm personally not that fussed about Infinity, I think that there's more to the game than you're interpreting. I don't think it's just basic level structures, but rather an open toy box where you can create anything from the world of Disney. If you've played or heard about the Toy Story 3 game, then I think it's like that, mixed with the figures of Skylanders, but I don't think it'll play at all like Skylanders. At least that's the impression I'm getting. Besides, it's from the same developersas the Toy Story 3 game.
YouTube / ProjectFalconPunch / Twitter / Nintendo Network: samus_killer / 3DS FC: 3394 3536 1884
samus_killer
ONM Moderator

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 16 Jan 2013, 15:31

Yeah, I've not played Toy Story 3, so I wouldn't know. Also, I've never really got the point of that kind of sand box game. I don't even like the level creation mode in games. For me it's like building IKEA flat-pack furnature without the instructions.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Castle Crashers Four-Square | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby LOZanges » 16 Jan 2013, 17:08

Skylanders... Has... Been... Blown... Out... Of... The... Water...

I sure hope the Activision C.E.O didn't hear me.

PS. Wreck-It-Ralph. Need I say any more?
JoeONM: LOZanges is as good as Dynasty Warriors!

MatthewONM: LOZanges is nearly as good as me!

GavONM: LOZanges is as good as Nintendo Unleashed!
LOZanges

Postby TheSlenderman » 16 Jan 2013, 17:56

I wonder, will this game have Star Wars figures as well?
Also, the NFC reader that you put the figures on doesn't look particularly interesting. I know that it's probably not important, but the skylanders one was all decorated and themed. Oh well. I might get it for 3ds all the same.
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby BrychanCymru » 16 Jan 2013, 17:59

Anyone else notice stitch on the hover-surfboard at 2:11? my favorite disney character ever? no, well look harder!
I am awesome
BrychanCymru

Postby Xenobladeperson » 16 Jan 2013, 18:15

MartinIsAwesome wrote:Am I the only one that doesn't think that this looks interesting at all? I mean, I'm a fan of Disney's films and animation and all, but the behind all the bright colours it just looks a bit lifeless if you ask me. Besides, what happens when you play the initial three Incredibles, Pirates of the Caribbean and Monsters University levels. Is that it?

Me too, I made a sarcastic comment, expecting everyone else to think it was awful, I was pretty surprised when everyone genuinely said it looked good.

Just seems like a Skylanders clone. It even looks like it runs in the same game engine as skylanders, even without the figure gimmick and Skylanders was a genuinely bad game to start. I don't even have the game, I've played it for 15 minutes in my cousins house, but I didn't enjoy a second of it. Running around linear levels, fighting enemies and solving puzzles aimed to be easy enough for 5-year-olds just isn't fun. I had heard people saying it was a good game let down by the expensive figures, but even without the figures, it was an awful game. Figures just made it worse.

Well that got off-topic a little, but anyway, I can't imagine a Skylanders clone to ever be a good game. Level editor looks alright and I have nothing against Disney, but as for the rest of the game, just no. Gameplay footage looked like nothing more than another average, budget platformer.

Also, expensive figures gimmick designed to make children spend every penny they have on DLC characters.
Nintendo Ninja wrote:Never fear everything can be resolved by a large amount of violence
Xenobladeperson

Next