Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Skylanders publisher Activision flattered by Disney Infinity

Comment on site articles.

Skylanders publisher Activision have said that they're flattered by Disney Infinity, the new Wii U and Wii game from Disney and Avalanche Software.

... read more

Skylanders publisher Activision flattered by Disney Infinity

Postby danbish » 16 Jan 2013, 11:21

I think they'll both be able to co-exist and it can only be a good thing to introduce some competition into this area of gaming since Activision have the stranglehold on it.
3DS: 0920-1615-5762. NNID: TheFatPlumber. PM me if you add me & I'll add you back.
Yes I am a Nintendo fanboy, no I don't care. Dorkly
danbish

Re: Skylanders publisher Activision flattered by Disney Infi

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 16 Jan 2013, 14:01

Skylanders is a massive success,and I have a funny feeling Disney Infinity could just be that little bit bigger.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby KH81314 » 16 Jan 2013, 15:00

I think that Skylanders should be worried. Before people were just buying skylanders stuff since it was one of a kind. I see Disney Infinity being bigger than skylanders.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby TheSlenderman » 16 Jan 2013, 17:07

Disney infinity will be bigger, since their characters are more recognisable than most of the skylanders offerings.
Plus they have just bought Star Wars, which will no doubt be in the game.
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby Darkblizz » 17 Jan 2013, 02:57

This is Disney we're talking about here, home of some of the most beloved characters ever. It'll flatten Skylanders.

Also, Oswald figure please please please.
Darkblizz

Postby Greene-Stuff » 11 Feb 2013, 00:44

Well it's good to have that slight support from skylander's, but I think skylander's should be worrying a bit now, since Disney is a HUGE company that millions upon millions of people know. Also, the fact that they have the rights to both Marvel and Lucasfilms provides them with SO many more opportunities which will no doubt create a much larger audience. Skylanders, I recommend getting a bit more spyro into your life, perhaps even crash bandicoot if you will spend time creating a backstory and a worthy game for them both.
Nintendo Network ID : TheChubbyLad
If you follow me on MiiVerse, I'll follow you back!
3DS Friend Code: 2793 - 0583 - 4285
Greene-Stuff