Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Disney Infinity: Everything You Need To Know

Comment on site articles.

From the Play Sets to the Figures, the characters, the Toy Box and more

It's not just a game, it's an interactive platform that will grow, diversify and improve with time. So say Disney about Disney Infinity, a new game that's coming out for Wii U, 3DS and Wii in August 2013. Confused? We're going to tell you everything you need to know about Disney Infinity from the figures to the Play Sets, The Power Discs, The Toy Box mode and more...

... read more

Postby TheSlenderman » 17 Jan 2013, 17:37

This is not just a game. This is a moneygrabbingrippffofskylanderswasteofyourmoneyandmildlyappealing game. 8)
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Re: Disney Infinity: Everything You Need To Know

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 17 Jan 2013, 18:04

so skylander's had it's way with little big planet and this is it's love child , joking aside after reading this article it sound's epic but whether or not they can pull it off is another thing !
5OUNDWAVE

Postby LOZanges » 17 Jan 2013, 19:24

The: Skylanders meets Little Big Planet idea seems interesting. I wonder how it'll play out. I also wonder whether it's worth 70 odd quid.
JoeONM: LOZanges is as good as Dynasty Warriors!

MatthewONM: LOZanges is nearly as good as me!

GavONM: LOZanges is as good as Nintendo Unleashed!
LOZanges

Postby Xenobladeperson » 17 Jan 2013, 19:47

I fail to see why this game was worth the effort of a 7-page feature.
Nintendo Ninja wrote:Never fear everything can be resolved by a large amount of violence
Xenobladeperson

Postby smash-brother » 17 Jan 2013, 20:04

i lost intrest when you said "just like skylanders". Good day gentleman and ladies 8)
Jack, I'm only an elected official, i can't make decisions by myself
smash-brother

Postby Aboyandhissequel » 17 Jan 2013, 20:10

Useful article actually... Count me out. Not necessarily because of the cost but I honestly think there's too much to do. Overbloated, to the detriment of playing some other games.

That, and I'm not a very creative person in terms of what this game is expecting. Shame, I'd have bought a game that was a straight mash-up of Pixar characters across worlds and levels in the box.
As soon as there is a new Boy and His Blob game, for Wii U, 3DS or future Nintendo platform; I can delete this account and make a new one with a better name.

Make it happen Nintendo.
Aboyandhissequel

Postby KH81314 » 17 Jan 2013, 20:21

Still not sold on the idea of paying this much for a game. Have to wait and see the reviews.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby Dalekbuster523 » 17 Jan 2013, 20:35

This sounds great. Shame it's a con.
Dalekbuster523

Postby KirbyKoolAid » 17 Jan 2013, 21:04

I will like it when it comes down in price. If it plays well, then fine; I don't care that some people will pay hundreds of pounds for one game. Effectively, if it is all good, they are paying for a lot of game. If it doesn't play well, then it's the con of the century.
Also, IT'S PERRY, PERRY THE PLATYPUS! Sorry, had to do that...
KirbyKoolAid

Postby TheSlenderman » 17 Jan 2013, 21:20

It's 60 quid. Done.
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby scott1and » 17 Jan 2013, 22:07

I'm not sure if I'll get the game. As others have said, I want to wait for the review. But in all honesty, as a Disney fan, I do want some of the figures, especially Barbossa, even if they are only a few inches tall.

Guess that's another way to appeal to hardcore Disney fans; even if you don't want the game, you can still get a wee vinyl statue of your favourite characters, which admittedly, do look very nice :D
scott1and

Postby Tailzy » 17 Jan 2013, 22:49

May as well call it Pixar infinity
3ds fc: 0731 5021 3362
Tailzy

Postby wghtmf » 18 Jan 2013, 12:34

It's Skylanders all over again. Don't get me wrong, I love Disney and this looks awesome, but £70 for the starter pack alone? Really?
'Don't question game logic, or the universe will implode.' ~ PkGam, YouTube
wghtmf

Postby Tazer_Silverscar » 18 Jan 2013, 14:50

While I normally wouldn't be interested in this kind of thing, the fact that these are all reasonably established characters makes this a little more worthwhile. Kinda hard to see me buying into some of them though - Pintel and Ragetti, for example, while quite strong characters in their own right during the Pirates of the Carribean movies, they don't seem to have kept that strength in transition (they look a bit too... clean).

If they release a figure for Ferb though, I might be willing - just because out of all the stuff Disney created recently (2007 is still pretty recent, and it's still ongoing), Phineas and Ferb seems the most creative and imaginative. And well... why just have Phineas?

I'm not surprised Ralph is in there too, although that then brings in the potential for even more, as the interest people took in Wreck-it-Ralph is the cast of existing game characters alongside him, rather than Ralph himself, it would seem.

wghtmf wrote:It's Skylanders all over again. Don't get me wrong, I love Disney and this looks awesome, but £70 for the starter pack alone? Really?

£70? It's lower depending on where you look. Toys R Us has it for under £50.
Come visit my DA Gallery at ether-enereon.deviantart.com
3DS Friend Code: 2406 - 5207 - 9606
Tazer_Silverscar

Postby fluggy2003 » 18 Jan 2013, 22:34

This looks dreadful. It will get reviews between 50 and 55% and still sell by the bucketload. Poor unsuspecting parents will be duped into spending a fortune. Play testing and quality control with be thrown out the window and the devs will be laughing all the way to the gold reserve. . . how can anyone look at this rubbish without extreme skepticism. PS When was the last 'good' Disney game?
fluggy2003

Postby HaydnRhys » 19 Jan 2013, 09:42

fluggy2003 wrote:This looks dreadful. It will get reviews between 50 and 55% and still sell by the bucketload. Poor unsuspecting parents will be duped into spending a fortune. Play testing and quality control with be thrown out the window and the devs will be laughing all the way to the gold reserve. . . how can anyone look at this rubbish without extreme skepticism. PS When was the last 'good' Disney game?

November 2012 : Epic Mickey 2
Find me on Miiverse as Haydn_Rhys

Oh, and if you're wondering how to pronounce my name it's Hay-den Reece (Everyone gets it wrong)
HaydnRhys

Postby Oocoo Jr. » 19 Jan 2013, 12:58

The game itself looks good.
But the whole concept is just despicable. When I first heard about Skylanders, I had a feeling that it would have a huge negative effect on the gaming industry. I was correct.
SnooPINGAS usual, I see!
Yes, I know 'ooccoo' is misspelt in my username.
Check out my podcast! https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/nic ... 18015?mt=2
Oocoo Jr.

Postby spacemen13 » 19 Jan 2013, 13:11

Not sure anybody is excited about it, it looks like just another sad Disney game.
I am a Chicken murderer.
Appeared in issue 83,84,85
Playing= Resident evil 4 wii edition. minecraft PC Pm me.
Sig by TJhiphop and avatar by Dizzybow!
My model gallery Image
spacemen13

Postby pokeforthewin » 19 Jan 2013, 14:22

I personally think this game could be good. With some shops like toys r us selling it for £50 (the same amount as a new COD game) it might be worth the money. But i do agree £70 is disgraceful.
pokeforthewin

Postby NOM is NOM » 20 Jan 2013, 13:31

Too much Pixar - not that I don't love Pixar, but they had better open this up to Disney Animated Features as well. The worlds of Hercules, Mulan, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Tarzan and Aladdin are so much more interesting than Cars, Toy Story or Incredibles. It's a shame about the cost, it could put people off. But in my opinion this is a much better use of NFC than Skylanders.
NOM is NOM

Postby Bhaggie » 26 Feb 2013, 20:03

I think everyone is being unreasonably harsh on the game. If each playset lasts 10 hours then thats 30 hours in the starter pack already plus you get the toybox. Also as the playsets seem to be about £40 for 10 hours of gameplay plus two figures it seems like very good value to me :D
Bhaggie

Postby Waldy565 » 26 Feb 2013, 23:51

I kinda dismissed this game, a few years ago this would've been right up my alley, all though it probably would have been Skylanders that grabbed me (MASSIVE Spyro fan) but every time someone types the word Pixar in the comments I'm reminded of all there great films! Ironic really...
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Spyrolad » 01 Mar 2013, 21:06

Hey, a good kids game, that's a welcome change.
Spyrolad

Postby CInfinity » 01 Mar 2013, 22:01

Check out my Disney Infinity fan site!
http://www.infinity-figures.com
CInfinity

Next