Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Monster Hunter Tri servers being shut down in April

Comment on site articles.

No more online battles on Wii from May onwards...

Want to play Monster Hunter online? You'll have to buy Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate for Wii U as Capcom have confirmed that they'll be shutting down the servers for Monster Hunter Tri on 30 April.

... read more

Monster Hunter Tri servers being shut down in April

Postby lrwr14 » 18 Jan 2013, 10:24

That's sad news, but I can see why. Time to rank up and get as much resources as possible then
Imagine a really cool picture here.
lrwr14

Re: Monster Hunter Tri servers being shut down in April

Postby LostNoob » 18 Jan 2013, 10:54

This is so unfair, I still play mht online on a regular basis.
I can't afford a wii U right now, stupid capcom why?
I smell an online petition in the wind.
I have a lot of ideas, some of them are bound to be a bit idiotic
Youtube
Twitter
LostNoob

Postby Rufan » 18 Jan 2013, 12:52

I do think it's unfair for the to shut down the Monster Hunter Tri online so quick, considering that not every one can afford the Wii U and new game but I assume it cost Capcom money to run, so they are saving some money closing the older one and hoping more people will join the new one.
Looking for Animal Crossing New Leaf friends, My friend Code is: 3566-1527-3477 Please PM me your friend code so that I can add you. thanks!
Rufan

Postby Tazer_Silverscar » 18 Jan 2013, 13:39

LostNoob wrote:This is so unfair, I still play mht online on a regular basis.
I can't afford a wii U right now, stupid capcom why?
I smell an online petition in the wind.

I wouldn't jump on the 'Capcom boycott' petition just yet. Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii has been going for a long time (three years), longer than many games of a similar kind. And unfortunately, the number of people playing the Wii version online has dropped quite a bit. Do not worry though, there's plenty of time to save up for a WiiU, as the servers don't shut down until the very end of April (which is when I will be probably getting mine).

Rufan wrote:I assume it cost Capcom money to run, so they are saving some money closing the older one and hoping more people will join the new one.

That's likely the case. I do hope Capcom pull their fingers out and make a few more games. The 3rd party support for the WiiU needs to pick up the pace now, and not two years down the line like the 3DS seems to have.
Come visit my DA Gallery at ether-enereon.deviantart.com
3DS Friend Code: 2406 - 5207 - 9606
Tazer_Silverscar

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 18 Jan 2013, 15:35

A mighty shame to see the serves being shut down,but it's understandable,or a ploy to make people to buy Tri Ultimate.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby TheSlenderman » 18 Jan 2013, 17:54

Rufan wrote:
I assume it cost Capcom money to run, so they are saving some money closing the older one and hoping more people will join the new one.

In a nutshell...
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby ThePokekid78 » 18 Jan 2013, 18:20

'Are you going to buy Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?'

Well, I wasn't, but looks like I'm gonna have to now if I ever want to play online again...

Also, I'm only HR 45 and never even beat Alatreon! Looks like I have until April to do so....challenge accepted.
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby KH81314 » 18 Jan 2013, 19:27

Online was the best part about monster hunter. I played monster hunter three times. First time I didn't even beat the great jaggy. Second time I used lance instead of sns and couldn't beat barioth. Third I got online and beat the game.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby torterratrainer » 19 Jan 2013, 09:04

goodbye 250 hours of my life, hello 400 more! :D

i'm so sad....
Torterratrainer has evolved into AzureRathalos!
Hey monster Hunter fans! check out the guild hall on chatango for monster hunter chats and mingling :)
http://mhunterguildhall.chatango.com/
torterratrainer

Postby olrodlegacy » 20 Jan 2013, 17:27

I've never managed to get online on Tri anyway...
Twitter: @olrodlegacy 3DS Friend Code: 3523-2031-4532. PM me yours!

"There is a purpose greater than myself."
olrodlegacy

Postby XL Turbanz » 07 Mar 2013, 00:06

I understand why they do it, but if they just took down say 3/4 of the servers and just left the remaining 1/4 or so and didnt worry about maintenance and then closed them in July, most people would be able to have saved up enough cash to get a wii u by then. I have enough for the game but not the console at the moment :( the online is the best bit, theres more to do and you can play with friends.
XL Turbanz

Postby hamzahdsi » 07 Mar 2013, 17:01

olrodlegacy wrote:I've never managed to get online on Tri anyway...

You just missed out on one of the best online experiences on the Wii
XBOX Gamertag: EpicHamzah
Minimobi-"Funny what a day on ONM can do to you."
ILoveWii-"turn up anyway with lots of beers and a couple johnnys you'll be fine."
hamzahdsi

Postby Jarmez » 07 Mar 2013, 22:33

Spent over 788 hours for playtime on Tri, I have no regrets. Shame that the servers are closing down, but it's understandable. Plenty of memories were made from playing Tri, it's because of the game that I met loads of great people, and was what encouraged me to join the forums (ugh those first few posts were awful). After Tri, I branched out to other areas of the forum. Recently, I've had trouble with the connection to the servers, where I would either attempt to join a city, wait a few minutes and get disconnected because it was taking too long, or disconnect due to server "instability".

I'm looking forward to Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate - more content, better online, and new experiences, including battling monsters that I had not faced before. More importantly, I'll be able to hunt with Tri/MH series veterans from ONM, including the ONM MH hunter clan, and those who had left ONM a while ago, which'll make the game even more fun.
Image Graphics | Image T-shirts, phone cases, and pillows | Image Tweets | Image Jarmez | Image Jarmez7 | Image Jarmez7
Please say who you are in Friend Request message, otherwise I'll delete it. ._.
Jarmez

Postby olrodlegacy » 08 Mar 2013, 01:46

hamzahdsi wrote:
olrodlegacy wrote:I've never managed to get online on Tri anyway...

You just missed out on one of the best online experiences on the Wii

Not a case of choosing not to, but whenever I try I'm just sitting there waiting for the game to start for ever...
Twitter: @olrodlegacy 3DS Friend Code: 3523-2031-4532. PM me yours!

"There is a purpose greater than myself."
olrodlegacy

Postby hamzahdsi » 08 Mar 2013, 18:06

Its worth the wait
XBOX Gamertag: EpicHamzah
Minimobi-"Funny what a day on ONM can do to you."
ILoveWii-"turn up anyway with lots of beers and a couple johnnys you'll be fine."
hamzahdsi

Postby fzeroman » 09 Mar 2013, 17:26

Wait, what? I've barely even finished that game! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry:
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/nintendo-stop-region-blocking-make-the-3ds-and-wii-u-region-free#share

Sign the petition! Go region free for 3DS and Wii U! Set this as your siggy if you support the cause!
fzeroman

Postby Branski » 27 May 2013, 15:04

Monster Hunter 3 Tri online: Time, and Money, Capcom/Nintendo would you please look into making the wii U and the wii a combo/universal system,online. PS3 and XBox has there own problems. Why not be the leader and make your systems compatible this would bring more people to your systems. We love playing Wii, Monster Hunter 3 tri, and Black ops, and MW3, realize that things change, it would be awsome if you would consider playing online with wii, and wii u. Maybe having the wii u people have more choices of weapons and stuff making people wanting to change to the wii u.
Combo wii and wii u that would be great. Nintendo would be the talk and people would take a second look.
For right now we are in a state of shock! Please consider the combo.....
Branski