Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Need For Speed: Most Wanted Wii U UK release date confirmed

Comment on site articles.

See the new GamePad mode

EA has confirmed the Need For Speed: Most Wanted Wii U UK release date. The Criterion-developed racer will be released for Nintendo's console on 21 March, boasting new exclusive modes.

... read more

Need For Speed: Most Wanted Wii U UK release date confirmed

Postby danbish » 18 Jan 2013, 11:38

Sounds very interesting, looking forward to it as I don't yet have it on another format! Very pleased to hear Criterion are working to the WiiU's capabilities and not just giving a straightforward port. Shows what can be done when developers actually care about the hardware they're working on, now if only all done this...
3DS: 0920-1615-5762. NNID: TheFatPlumber. PM me if you add me & I'll add you back.
Yes I am a Nintendo fanboy, no I don't care. Dorkly
danbish

Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted Wii U UK release date confir

Postby tohaker » 18 Jan 2013, 13:15

When I saw this at E3 last year, I thought "This is what the Wii U Gamepad is MADE for!". If it is not clear by now, I really want this game and will be putting in a preorder in 3...2...1... Now!
tohaker

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 18 Jan 2013, 15:33

I wouldn't mind picking this up,probably will when the price falls.
Currently playing:Metal Gear Ground Zeroes
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
imbusydoctorwho

Postby debris » 18 Jan 2013, 15:59

This use of the Game pad and Wii remote would work very well for a Rally game with one acting as a co driver giving the driver the degrees of the bends etc for the stage they are on. Most Wanted looks like a fun game and looks great on the Wii U, lets hope the frame rate is up to scratch!, might pick this up.
debris

Postby dave666 » 18 Jan 2013, 16:25

I haven't brought a NFS game since nitro on the wii

I use to love the NFS games but in my opinion they kinda lost their way after carbon. But I'm willing to give this one a chance because it looks pretty decent not to mention the wii u features.
dave666

Postby TheSlenderman » 18 Jan 2013, 17:13

The game pad options look interesting, but you need another person there to take advantage of them. This is not too difficult, but driving the cars is going to be inevitably more exciting, so said other person is going to be fighting you for your controller.
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby Xenobladeperson » 18 Jan 2013, 18:25

Got the Ps3 version and only played it for an hour, but I wouldn't say it's anything to be too excited about. But I've only played it for an hour, so it could get better further in.
Nintendo Ninja wrote:Never fear everything can be resolved by a large amount of violence
Xenobladeperson

Postby olrodlegacy » 20 Jan 2013, 17:11

I'm on the lookout for a good racing game, I think that's the one genre WiiU has lacked so far.
Twitter: @olrodlegacy 3DS Friend Code: 3523-2031-4532. PM me yours!

"There is a purpose greater than myself."
olrodlegacy