Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Disney Infinity: 10 Play Sets that should be in the game

Comment on site articles.

Which Disney worlds we want to play in...

With this week's announcement of Disney Infinity, the Internet has been buzzing with speculation as to which Disney-owned franchises could be included as Play Sets this sprawling behemoth of a game. There are some which have been suggested based on pictures and the trailer that has already released and there are some more that naturally suggest themselves from the stable of properties owned by the House of Mouse.

... read more

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 18 Jan 2013, 15:32

I wouldn't mind seeing an Epic Mickey Play Set.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby Tazer_Silverscar » 18 Jan 2013, 15:40

Wreck-It-Ralph: Well, we know it's going to be in there. Dunno if there'll be much nods to the games without the current licence owners getting in the way though.

Phineas & Ferb: The backyard always makes a good starting point =) For this, it depends on how in-depth the customisation features are. After all, many of the strange things those two invent are quite large and detailed. Nice to see Perry making an appearance.

Nightmare Before Christmas: Need we remind you of the movie's bad guy, Oogie Boogie? He's played significant roles in all the games he's appeared in. Also there's the three kids who make up Oogie's minions, but they aren't as notable as Oogie himself.

Marvel: Okay, Tony Stark being the typical playboy kinda works, but I'm not sure about roping Marvel in too closely. Many of the IPs under the Marvel brand would be harmed if they were mixed in with the stuff Disney already owns. The same can be applied to Star Wars.

Sorcerer's Apprentice: I'm putting this down over National Treasure - because they've done this story enough times to get it right (i.e, Fantasia). Also, if you're going to put two Cages in a game, this one and Ghost Rider should be the only ones. This is because if you're gonna pick someone to be a treasure hunter, Disney have far more effective characters available - The characters from long ignored IPs Atlantis and Treasure Planet spring to mind, alongside the more well known Captain Jack Sparrow.
Come visit my DA Gallery at ether-enereon.deviantart.com
3DS Friend Code: 2406 - 5207 - 9606
Tazer_Silverscar

Re: Disney Infinity: 10 Play Sets that should be in the game

Postby Darkblizz » 18 Jan 2013, 16:12

I'm calling for stuff from Treasure Planet, Robin Hood, Basil the Great Mouse Detective, the Tron films and (although this is highly unlikely) DuckTales.
Darkblizz

Postby shy guy 64 » 18 Jan 2013, 17:00

so your requesting several that we all ready know are in it?

as for the rest: no thank you

but here's hopeing for, beauty & the beast, the hunchback of notre dame and the princess and the frog
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby TheSlenderman » 18 Jan 2013, 17:23

If Star wars is in it, then Indiana jones would be nice...
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby tomonm » 18 Jan 2013, 17:38

shy guy 64 wrote:so your requesting several that we all ready know are in it?

but here's hopeing for, beauty & the beast, the hunchback of notre dame and the princess and the frog

As we said in the article, we're making educated guesses as to what will be in it based on the artwork (they might not all be Play Sets, they might just be figures) and some of our own...
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby shy guy 64 » 18 Jan 2013, 17:59

tomonm wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:so your requesting several that we all ready know are in it?

As we said in the article, we're making educated guesses as to what will be in it based on the artwork (they might not all be Play Sets, they might just be figures) and some of our own...

right got ya, though you can see areas from the nightmare before christmas, tangled and some i fairly certain is in wreck it ralph so id say there as good as confirmed
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby mario_boi » 18 Jan 2013, 18:27

Lion King set please! Walking around the pride lands would be so relaxing.
mario_boi

Postby KH81314 » 18 Jan 2013, 19:32

Even though they don't own Kingdom Hearts it would still be awesome to see them in here. Epic Mickey is also a great Disney game and should be included.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby ThePokekid78 » 18 Jan 2013, 19:39

mario_boi wrote:Lion King set please! Walking around the pride lands would be so relaxing.

Not to mention just sitting there and listening to 'The Circle of Life' song while watching the sun rise.

Which I would probably do hundreds of times and never get bored...

Seriously, I've seen a lot of movies, but The Lion King still has the best intro of any I've seen!
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby shy guy 64 » 18 Jan 2013, 20:06

KH81314 wrote:Even though they don't own Kingdom Hearts it would still be awesome to see them in here. Epic Mickey is also a great Disney game and should be included.

actually disney dose own kingdom hearts
shy guy 64

Postby aidanpowers1 » 18 Jan 2013, 20:15

Beauty and the Beast would be fun getting to play as Lumiere and a Lilo and Stitch one would be fun too. I really do hope they include early characters too such as Dumbo (it would be so fun flying around) and maybe even Bambi? Oh and a Wall E pack please!
aidanpowers1

Postby LOZanges » 18 Jan 2013, 21:26

I know this is crazy but, I wanna see Epic mickey two figures, you could have Oswald, Mickey (duh), The Mad Doctor, Gus and a playset would be nice.
JoeONM: LOZanges is as good as Dynasty Warriors!

MatthewONM: LOZanges is nearly as good as me!

GavONM: LOZanges is as good as Nintendo Unleashed!
LOZanges

Postby TomMc92 » 18 Jan 2013, 21:37

I'd love to see an Alice in Wonderland set as i think that'll just be great exploring that mad world. Some really interesting level designs too i imagine. As for other series isn't UP disney that's a really good film so anything from that i'd like.
Most wanted games: Monster Hunter 4, Rune factory 4, Lugi Mansion, Dragon Quest 7 3DS, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate edition, Smash Bros game for 3DS and Wii U

Rune Factory 4 is on 3DS!
Finally have a Wii U looking forward to playing MH3U!
TomMc92

Postby HaydnRhys » 19 Jan 2013, 21:48

TomMc92 wrote:I'd love to see an Alice in Wonderland set as i think that'll just be great exploring that mad world. Some really interesting level designs too i imagine.

Alice in Wonderland is deffinately in there because of the flamingo crochet club Mr. Incredible is holding. I only hope the Tim Burton version makes it in. Would love to see Hatter in 'toon' form.
Find me on Miiverse as Haydn_Rhys

Oh, and if you're wondering how to pronounce my name it's Hay-den Reece (Everyone gets it wrong)
HaydnRhys

Postby smash-brother » 23 Jan 2013, 19:39

oh and whenever jack skelliton appears in a new world he sings a short styleised version of "what's this" based on the world e.g Wheck-it Ralth-8-bit , pheneas & ferb- rock & roll , etc
Jack, I'm only an elected official, i can't make decisions by myself
smash-brother

Postby smash-brother » 23 Jan 2013, 19:49

[quote="Tazer_Silverscar"]Wreck-It-Ralph: Well, we know it's going to be in there. Dunno if there'll be much nods to the games without the current licence owners getting in the way though.[quote/]

u dodn't need the copyright to give a nod,see the "best mario cameo" feature
Last edited by smash-brother on 15 Feb 2013, 18:34, edited 2 times in total.
smash-brother

Postby smash-brother » 15 Feb 2013, 18:32

Sally would have to be there

oogie boogie is about 10x more populer than sally
maybe the film's version of Santa sould have a limited edison release in the run-up to chistmas
p.s. why do we have no similer articles for kingdom hearts
smash-brother

Postby buzzboy42 » 14 May 2013, 21:04

imbusydoctorwho wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing an Epic Mickey Play Set.

WII HAVE A WINNER!!!
Buzzboy42
buzzboy42