Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

5 games to keep you busy until Pokemon X and Y

Comment on site articles.

Can't wait until October? Marti Bennett chooses five games that Pokemon fans might enjoy on 3DS

Good news everyone! There's only just over nine months until Pokemon X and Y are released! What do you mean that's a long time to wait? Well yes, I guess you're right. I guess knowing a release date so far in advance does mean we have a painful wait.

... read more

5 games to keep you busy until Pokemon X and Y

Postby KH81314 » 19 Jan 2013, 11:16

Not that interested in the games beside harmoknight.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Re: 5 games to keep you busy until Pokemon X and Y

Postby shy guy 64 » 19 Jan 2013, 11:29

well i certainly plan on getting animal crossing and harmo knight

and i'll probably go back and do some more stuff on black 2
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby CDS » 19 Jan 2013, 11:53

When Animal Crossing comes out, I'll be absorbed into that, but in the meantime I've still to beat the Elite Four on Black 2. And I suppose Mario Kart 7 never gets old.
But as well as that, I've got Jetpack Joyride on two systems to complete.
CDS

Postby torterratrainer » 19 Jan 2013, 13:22

too many good games coming out 2013- not a good time to have a 3DS, WIIU and X360
[/list]
    WiiU: Rayman legends
    MH3U
    Pikmin3

3DS: AC: new leaf
    MH3U
    Pokemon X/Y
    LuigisMansion2
    PMD gates to infinity
    MH4

X360: Crysis 3
    xbox720
    battlefield 4
    halo 5
Torterratrainer has evolved into AzureRathalos!
Hey monster Hunter fans! check out the guild hall on chatango for monster hunter chats and mingling :)
http://mhunterguildhall.chatango.com/
torterratrainer

Postby ThePokekid78 » 19 Jan 2013, 13:36

Same here Marti - I must complete the National Pokedex on BW2 before October!

*Turns cap around*
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby Samster296 » 19 Jan 2013, 13:55

What about Luigi's Mansion?
ImageImage
New Leaf Dream Address - 7100-2228-7688
Steam
Credit to Pacaholic for the sig!
Samster296

Postby lrwr14 » 19 Jan 2013, 14:10

I can make it with just Monster Hunter 3U, only problem is that it doesn't come out till March :(
Imagine a really cool picture here.
lrwr14

Postby fisher2007 » 19 Jan 2013, 15:43

well i certainly plan on getting Castlevania lords of shadow mirror of fate,Luigi's Mansion,harmoknight,animal crossing new leaf
fisher2007

Postby Nintendo4Ever » 19 Jan 2013, 17:24

Why has no one mentioned Fire Emblem: Awakening yet isn't that coming out in April?

Anyways, looking forward to Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Pokemon X and Y obviously :D .
Been Catchin' 'em all! since June 2000 with my Special Edition Yellow GameBoy Colour... been trying to Catch 'em all! ever since.
Nintendo4Ever

Postby Tinstar5 » 19 Jan 2013, 20:00

Animal crossing New leaf (YESSSS)
3DS FC: 2578-3161-0430 Name: Rory
PM me if you've added me
Tinstar5

Postby rayquaza9999 » 19 Jan 2013, 20:40

Actually a trio of wii ware mystery dungeon's were realased only in japan.

too many good games coming out 2013- not a good time to have a 3DS, WIIU and X360
[/list]
WiiU: Rayman legends
MH3U
Pikmin3

3DS: AC: new leaf
MH3U
Pokemon X/Y
LuigisMansion2
PMD gates to infinity
MH4

X360: Crysis 3
xbox720
battlefield 4
halo 5

MH4 will not realase in the west this year and halo 5 won't come until at least 2014 if not 2015
rayquaza9999

Postby Darkblizz » 19 Jan 2013, 20:59

It's all about Harmo Knight and Animal Crossing for me.
Darkblizz

Postby vetdoctorvet » 19 Jan 2013, 20:59

Guild Wars 2 will keep me alive until MH3U. Hopefully MH3U will keep me busy until MH4. :lol:
vetdoctorvet

Postby bethrj » 19 Jan 2013, 22:02

"considering all the Mystery Dungeon games have been released in the UK,"

Seriously? Blazing/Stormy and Light Adventure Squad are out? When did the release of these three happen over here?

Wait, they didn't?

Oh...

Also:

"our Generation V to Generation IV games"

WOAHWOAHWOAH... Gen 5 to 4? BW to DP? The games aren't backwards compatible like THAT and never will be.
bethrj

Postby Linkfan42 » 19 Jan 2013, 22:04

Animal Crossing should keep me busy from whenever the release date is and onwards, but I think that the main game I'll be playing until October is going to be Ni no Kuni on the PS3.
Linkfan42

Postby PokeMarti » 19 Jan 2013, 22:27

bethrj wrote:"considering all the Mystery Dungeon games have been released in the UK,"

Seriously? Blazing/Stormy and Light Adventure Squad are out? When did the release of these three happen over here?

Wait, they didn't?

Oh...

Also:

WOAHWOAHWOAH... Gen 5 to 4? BW to DP? The games aren't backwards compatible like THAT and never will be.

*checks my copy I sent Tom* Nope. Looks like Tom did some editing here. I wouldn't have said that about the Mystery Dungeon games as I am well aware of the Wii games, and in that generation sentence I used numbers instead of V and VI. It was supposed to say gen 5 to gen 6 (V to VI)
ONM Blogger - Twitter @martibennett
PokeMarti

Postby TheVelvetRoom » 19 Jan 2013, 23:01

I fear we might not actually be seeing Animal Crossing until the end of the year, considering there was no sign of it in the American release schedule for the first half of this year. It's not impossible for it to be released before October, but that localisation could be a considerable setback.
PS Forever UK an enthusiast site for Playstation games new and old
Steam: velv
PSN: tvrsteve
TheVelvetRoom

Postby Kirby8 » 20 Jan 2013, 13:57

9 months...excruciatingly long wait!
I really hope Animal Crossing comes out this summer. ShopTo has it placed as June, but of course, that's not accurate! I can't wait to play it! I'm also really looking forward to playing Luigi's Mansion. HarmoKnight looks really cool too!
Also looking forward to some WiiU games, like The Wonderful 101, Lego City Undercover and Pikmin 3.
Of course, the main thing that will be keeping me busy is all my Uni work *cries*
I haven't transferred all my Pokémon to one cartridge yet either. I had the full pokédex on Pokémon Diamond, and started transferring them all to Pokémon Black way back when, but then my exams were close and had little spare time. But I did manage to get most of them onto Pokémon Black, but never got round to finishing it off. I'm going to move them all to Black 2 soon.
I really hope they do make a quicker way, as it's way to slow at the moment. Someone else said, and I agree, the best way would to make an 3DS eshop storage app game that can take all your Pokémon, and then you put in your 3DS Pokémon X or Y and you can transfer them all from the box. So Pokémon Box 2.
Also, give us Meoletta!! They still need to distribute Meoletta in our country. Then we can finally complete the current National Pokédex (again) before the new one comes.
Also known as NintendoMad888.
2-4-6-8
what pink blob do we love not hate?
k-i-rb-y
Kirbys a blob all day and night!!!

PARAMORE ROCKS!!!
NINTENDO 4 LIFE!!
COME ON MARIO PAINT WII (OR DS???)!!!
Kirby8

Postby cheatmaster30 » 20 Jan 2013, 14:59

No Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon? That comes out this March too, and that could keep people playing until Pokemon X and Y are released in October.
A Good Nintendo 3DS Forum
Someone I'm friends with owns the above.
Want Super Mario 3D Land news and info? Click here
Proud subscriber, Waluigious writer, game modder, world record attempter and ex glitch hunter.
cheatmaster30

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 20 Jan 2013, 16:55

Good news everyone!

Hi, Professor Farnsworth!
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby olrodlegacy » 20 Jan 2013, 17:02

I bought myself Black 2 for Christmas and have only just arrived at Route 4. Having played every generation, I'm determined to finish the Pokedex this time round! I've also got NSMB2 and the newest Professor Layton, both of which I haven't played yet.
Twitter: @olrodlegacy 3DS Friend Code: 3523-2031-4532. PM me yours!

"There is a purpose greater than myself."
olrodlegacy

Postby bethrj » 21 Jan 2013, 22:12

PokeMarti wrote:
bethrj wrote:"considering all the Mystery Dungeon games have been released in the UK,"

Wait, they didn't?

Oh...

Also:

*checks my copy I sent Tom* Nope. Looks like Tom did some editing here. I wouldn't have said that about the Mystery Dungeon games as I am well aware of the Wii games, and in that generation sentence I used numbers instead of V and VI. It was supposed to say gen 5 to gen 6 (V to VI)

...xD I thought the point of the editing was to remove any potential errors, not add a load more in... Probly worth kicking him then, or something...
bethrj