Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Tank Tank Tank review

Comment on site articles.

In what other Wii U game can you play as an ape and shoot flames out of your bum?

Derived from a 2009 Namco arcade title, Tank! Tank! Tank! retains the simple gameplay of its ancestor and is one of the most approachable Wii U launch games. Each mission - there are nearly 40 and each can be played either solo or co-op with a friend, with one on the GamePad and one on the TV - charges you with destroying a certain type of robotic monster before the timer runs out.

... read more

Tank Tank Tank review

Postby KH81314 » 19 Jan 2013, 11:20

To bad. I was excitited for this game. Might pick it up if i find it cheap.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Re: Tank Tank Tank review

Postby K-tet » 19 Jan 2013, 12:43

This game is seriously underrated. It could have been a lot better if they added netplay but, that aside, as a pure arcade title, it's one of the better games out there.

I'd bump the review up to 75% in all honesty, but I won't lose any sleep over 4%.
K-tet

Postby fritzfrapp » 19 Jan 2013, 14:36

Very good and reasonable review.
It's interesting to see how general tastes in gaming have changed in 30 to 40 years. Now every other game has to be a brown FPS with an overblown story and online deathmatch multiplayer. Tank! Tank! Tank! would have been lapped up a few years ago and is one of my favourite arcade games of recent years, certainly one of my favourite games of the Wii U launch – an unabashed, fun game. Fun, remember that?
Definitely worth £20, which is what I paid as a preorder. It plays very well in single, co-op and multi; sounds good and looks nice and clean in motion with lots of destruction and buildings blowing up all around; and has useful GamePad integration. if you liked EDF you should like this.
fritzfrapp

Postby TheSlenderman » 19 Jan 2013, 14:43

I quite like the look of it. When I get a wii u, I will look around for it.
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby m0i » 19 Jan 2013, 21:02

Except for a wii-u game, is there even one game where an ape farts flames?
m0i

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 20 Jan 2013, 17:00

KH81314 wrote:To bad. I was excitited for this game. Might pick it up if i find it cheap.

Why "too bad"? It's a perfectly good and respectable review of a perfectly good and respectable game. Don't forget that by ONM's new scoring system, anything between 70-79% is an instant Bronze Award title.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby buzzboy42 » 20 May 2013, 02:18

K-tet wrote:This game is seriously underrated. It could have been a lot better if they added netplay but, that aside, as a pure arcade title, it's one of the better games out there.

I'd bump the review up to 75% in all honesty, but I won't lose any sleep over 4%.

Agreed
Buzzboy42
buzzboy42

Postby toffeeman30 » 20 May 2013, 08:38

looked fun fun fun but ended up poor poor poor. £10 bargain bin this is gonna end up
toffeeman30