Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Dinsey Infinity's Toy Box could feel like a virtual Disneyla

Comment on site articles.

Disney fan Colette Barr on this week's big announcement

Stop everything! Did Disney really announce a proper character crossover video game this week?! Meaning characters from the different movies can actually interact with one another... You bet they did! And on top of that it comes with many more features all wrapped up in a fun looking new title known as Disney Infinity!

... read more

Dinsey Infinity's Toy Box could feel like a virtual Disneyla

Postby Kirby8 » 20 Jan 2013, 14:23

I'm a massive Disney fan and love the look of this game. But very much doubt I'll be buying it because, like Skylanders, of the figures. I, like you, would have to complete it (I think that's my Pokémon Nature of "Gotta Catch 'em all"), and for me the problem isn't so much space to store all the awesome figures (I'm sure I could find a place somewhere, although they probably wouldn't be able to be displayed in all their glory), but the lack of money to buy them all. It does look like a fantastic game though and would love to play it.
The only thing I'm wondering is if they are including Disney Classics as characters. I'm sure they are, but I didn't really see any during the trailer (but might be mistaken).
I saw a lot of Pixar (like Toy Story, Incredibles and Monsters), characters from Live action (like Pirates), cartoons (Perry from Phineas and Ferb), and things like Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas and love all of them. Also saw newer movies like Wreck it Ralph too, which I can't wait to watch.
I think I saw Dumbo at one point (although not sure if he's in the game as a character that you can play separately or not as he's being ridden and dosn't really seem to be moving much, looks like an item or some sort to resemble Dumbo, but who knows), and there are other references to old Disney, including the flamingo from Alice in Wonderland, but wondering if we will get to play people like Aladdin, Pinocchio, Princesses, etc. That would make the mash up better.
TBH, there were other reasons I didn't buy Skylanders, such as preferring older Spyro games and wishing they'd go back to it. So maybe when this game get's cheaper as well as the figures, I'll pick it up. But I can't afford to buy all of those figures, especially with all the other games and such I need to buy and all the things I have bought recently, my cash is a bit low.
But I would like to play the game at some point, as it seems a lot of fun!
Also known as NintendoMad888.
2-4-6-8
what pink blob do we love not hate?
k-i-rb-y
Kirbys a blob all day and night!!!

PARAMORE ROCKS!!!
NINTENDO 4 LIFE!!
COME ON MARIO PAINT WII (OR DS???)!!!
Kirby8

Re: Dinsey Infinity's Toy Box could feel like a virtual Disn

Postby KH81314 » 20 Jan 2013, 14:32

I really want this game but I cant afford all of those mini's. hopefull it gets bad reviews otherwise i'll have to get :mrgreen:
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby ThePokekid78 » 20 Jan 2013, 16:43

As a massive Disney fan this looks great, but....that Sulley character model does look kinda horrible :L
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby olrodlegacy » 20 Jan 2013, 17:10

NOTHING can feel like Disneyland!
Twitter: @olrodlegacy 3DS Friend Code: 3523-2031-4532. PM me yours!

"There is a purpose greater than myself."
olrodlegacy

Postby dudettecolette » 21 Jan 2013, 12:47

Kirby8 wrote: I think I saw Dumbo at one point (although not sure if he's in the game as a character that you can play separately or not as he's being ridden and dosn't really seem to be moving much, looks like an item or some sort to resemble Dumbo, but who knows)

It's based on the ride in Fantasyland :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumbo_the_Flying_Elephant
Lets be friends :) http://twitter.com/dudettecolette
dudettecolette

Postby Kirby8 » 21 Jan 2013, 13:26

dudettecolette wrote:
Kirby8 wrote: I think I saw Dumbo at one point (although not sure if he's in the game as a character that you can play separately or not as he's being ridden and dosn't really seem to be moving much, looks like an item or some sort to resemble Dumbo, but who knows)

It's based on the ride in Fantasyland :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumbo_the_Flying_Elephant

Haha, that's exactly what I thought it might be!! So I'm not mistaken. =D
Thanks, but no need for the wikipedia link, hehe, I know what it is. Quite a famous ride. I saw it when I went to Fantasyland in Disneyland, CA. =D
Just thought I might be mistaken and he might be an actual playable character. It's a shame. I do hope that older characters have more presence in the game too! Didn't see a lot of trace of them. Disney has an impressive catalogue of characters spanning over many many years. The perfect thing would be to bring all the characters, new and old, from Pixar to old classics. Hope they bring it all in. And hopefully the prices will fall at some point, cause I can't buy that many figures!
Also known as NintendoMad888.
2-4-6-8
what pink blob do we love not hate?
k-i-rb-y
Kirbys a blob all day and night!!!

PARAMORE ROCKS!!!
NINTENDO 4 LIFE!!
COME ON MARIO PAINT WII (OR DS???)!!!
Kirby8

Postby TheSlenderman » 21 Jan 2013, 18:26

Disney Infinity's Toy Box could feel like a virtual Disneyland

I doubt it.
It would be nice if this turned out to be a decent game, but it is more likely that it will be just average.
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby Dalekbuster523 » 21 Jan 2013, 20:43

It's nothing more than a con.
Dalekbuster523