Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Remember Nintendo Magazine System?

Comment on site articles.

Here's the first cover of the first ever official Nintendo magazine

Do you remember Nintendo Magazine System? Truth be told, I don't. Until this landed on my desk a few months ago, I thought that there was NOM and then there was ONM and that was that. Turns out there was an official Nintendo magazine before Nintendo Official Magazine and it was the brilliantly titled Nintendo Magazine System.

... read more

Postby ninjaturtill » 21 Jan 2013, 17:49

I have that issue at home. If I remember correctly it came with a free gift of a keyring which was a clock in the same of a GameBoy.
ninjaturtill

Postby Argenthor » 21 Jan 2013, 18:05

I remember it being shown in an old issue of NOM... mainly due to Mel Gibson's hair!

With Nintendo Power stopping in America , it's good to see how far the official mag here has come and hopefully continues :)
Argenthor

Re: Remember Nintendo Magazine System?

Postby TheSlenderman » 21 Jan 2013, 18:10

I've never heard of this mag before, but it's always good to learn something new every day!! :D
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 21 Jan 2013, 18:42

Alas, in those days I was strictly a SEGA Boy who read Sonic The Comic (and a fine publication it was too), so I wouldn't have had a reason to pick this up. I didn't start reading a Nintendo mag until after getting my Nintendo 64 by which point NMS had already changed it's name to simply "Nintendo Magazine" (although, funnily enough they referred to themselves as "ONM" too), with Issue 62 in November. What was on the cover? Why, Duke Nukem of course! Duke Nukem 64 got a score of 91%. Elsewhere inside it features the worlds first screenshots of "Hey You, Pikachu!", some very early Ocarina of Time screenshots, a review of Lylat Wars which scored 93%, and some fan-art of Mario in Mario Kart driving over a "Greystation". Mature bunch weren't we?

I still have a huge collection of almost every issue since (I'm only missing #63) right up to NOM's final issue (#162, February 2006). I love flicking through the older issues which include screenshots of games still in development and how different they ended up being.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby MistaChristopher » 21 Jan 2013, 18:54

I have heard of this publication, but never got one. I was born in 1994 so that's why. I do have a Mario Kart DS covered NOM issue though so close enough!
Music FTW
Video Games FTW
TV FTW
~
That Lylat guy.
Music rawks mah sawks!
MistaChristopher

Postby mog96 » 21 Jan 2013, 18:56

Only £2 :lol:
mog96

Postby olrodlegacy » 21 Jan 2013, 19:46

How about making today's mag £2?

Those were the glory days... the build-up to the legendary Tim Street era...
Twitter: @olrodlegacy 3DS Friend Code: 3523-2031-4532. PM me yours!

"There is a purpose greater than myself."
olrodlegacy

Postby rayquaza9999 » 21 Jan 2013, 20:05

olrodlegacy wrote:How about making today's mag £2?

Those were the glory days... the build-up to the legendary Tim Street era...

Accounting for inflation that number rises to £3.58 so it's not much of an increase really!
rayquaza9999

Postby fisher2007 » 21 Jan 2013, 22:41

i didn't buy Nintendo Magazine System also i don't remember seeing in the shop's. :(
fisher2007

Postby dave666 » 22 Jan 2013, 16:45

yep,I remember that old nintendo magazine

best games magazine ever was CVG (sorry ONM) with that yellow freeplay pull out. Also worth a mention is maximum magazine.
dave666

Postby carnivine chaos » 23 Jan 2013, 00:30

Ahhh, back when the magazine was good...
3DS: 4811-6932-4056
Avvy goes to 71 - Victreebel
Emperor Evil: I thought Carnivine Chaos was a boy.
gobbadino: I still didn't know you were a girl, though......
Sir_Bowser: People on ONM aren't actual people.
carnivine chaos

Postby Laughlyn » 23 Jan 2013, 05:05

I have the issue still in my drawer on desk i'm typing on. think i scanned some pages in when chris was doing his desk clearout competition cos i also scanned in pages of an old donkey kong comic i had too.
I've been trying to look for one of the TIMEBOY keyrings you got free with the mag too. that was awesome. it was a small keyring in shape of the original gameboy with just a simple lcd watch on it. was gutted when i lost it :(
Laughlyn

Postby Laughlyn » 23 Jan 2013, 05:08

dave666 wrote:yep,I remember that old nintendo magazine

best games magazine ever was CVG (sorry ONM) with that yellow freeplay pull out. Also worth a mention is maximum magazine.

Your possibly old enough to remember 'GO!' that came with CVG too? when they did their infamous Gameboy version of Mario Kart and made their own 6 button attachment thing. it was a great April Fools joke back in the day when evryone didnt know everything because of the internet. Also Super Play was a great little magazine as was TOTAL! i had a big clearout several years ago of all my old gaming mags, kept all my old nms/onm but got a decent fortune for the others :D
Laughlyn

Postby Super-PWii » 24 Jan 2013, 13:06

Not only do I remember it, but I'm also old enough to remember

Which along with the sister off shoot Mean Machines Sega, was my all time fave Mag :D
CoD:Blops 2, Sonic All Star Racing Transformed, Darksiders 2, Lego City Undercover, NFS:MW U, Tank, Tank, Tank.
Super-PWii

Postby Dalekbuster523 » 24 Jan 2013, 17:30

'lastability' is laughable,considering Mario Kart is still around.
Dalekbuster523