Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

LEGO City Undercover: 'It will take 10 minutes to drive a lo

Comment on site articles.

Travellers Tales tell ONM more about their new LEGO Wii U game

The city in LEGO City Undercover is so big it would take ten minutes just to drive around the edge of it. That's the word from executive producer Loz Doyle who told ONM more about the forthcoming Wii U game for a special feature which appears in ONM 91.

... read more

LEGO City Undercover: 'It will take 10 minutes to drive a lo

Postby GuyWhoLikesBlue2 » 22 Jan 2013, 12:27

10 minutes to loop the map is pathetic compared to a lot of open world games xD
why are you reading my signature? bloody stalkers...
GuyWhoLikesBlue2

Re: LEGO City Undercover: 'It will take 10 minutes to drive

Postby Waldy565 » 22 Jan 2013, 13:10

Sounding good, if I get a Wii U for Christmas (missed out, what with needing a car this year, lessons etc) I will pick it up then (I'll be a bit late, but I'm late all ready really haha :P)
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Fox_McCloud » 22 Jan 2013, 13:12

GuyWhoLikesBlue2 wrote:10 minutes to loop the map is pathetic compared to a lot of open world games xD

Yeah, that's ridiculously tiny
Fox_McCloud

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 22 Jan 2013, 14:07

That isn't that bad.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby ChandraONM » 22 Jan 2013, 14:13

imbusydoctorwho wrote:That isn't that bad.

Exactly. Considering in other LEGO games you can walk around any given level in anywhere between 5 and 30 seconds, it's a huge step forward.
There's no point having a ridiculously huge world just for the sake of it.
The idea is to have a decent-sized world but fill it with fun stuff to do.

Whether this game actually manages the right balance is yet to be determined but we'll know soon enough.
ChandraONM
ONM Staff

Postby KH81314 » 22 Jan 2013, 14:48

Haven't gotten a Lego game in a while since most of them are similar. This ones seems better than the other ones.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby Mr Roboto » 22 Jan 2013, 20:24

GuyWhoLikesBlue2 wrote:10 minutes to loop the map is pathetic compared to a lot of open world games xD

Yeah

But it is a Lego game after all so I'm not expecting too much.
Mr Roboto

Postby TheSlenderman » 22 Jan 2013, 21:04

First thing I do when I get this game; try and loop the city in under 10 minutes...

I'm way too competitive! :mrgreen:
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby LOZanges » 22 Jan 2013, 22:36

I know I'll sound like a n00b (C.O.D/Halo/T.F.2 ect. reference there :mrgreen:) saying this but I need help. Here goes nothing...

1. How do you have/change your ONM profile picture?

2. How do you have/change your ONM signature/banner?
I heard you like ONM. So I put an issue of ONM inside your issue of ONM so you can read ONM whilst you're reading ONM
LOZanges

Postby liveswired » 22 Jan 2013, 23:20

You seem to forget this game is aimed at ALL ages - not just adults. How can you expect a kid to travel across a world the size of Skyrim........Some people!
liveswired

Postby Xenobladeperson » 22 Jan 2013, 23:29

To be fair, in Just Cause 2 would take about 15 - 20 minutes to drive around the outline of Panau. So this is big enough.

liveswired wrote:

You seem to forget this game is aimed at ALL ages - not just adults. How can you expect a kid to travel across a world the size of Skyrim........Some people!

Yes because an open world automatically makes the game too hard for young children. The terrain in Skyrim could be frustrating for a child, but a load of generic streets are hardly enough for them to rage-quit. I fail to see your logic.
Nintendo Ninja wrote:Never fear everything can be resolved by a large amount of violence
Xenobladeperson

Postby deKay » 23 Jan 2013, 13:35

liveswired wrote:

Takes less than 10 minutes to loop Skyrim on a horse.
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby lazy_by_choice » 23 Jan 2013, 15:07

this trailer....I dont know if it is just me who thinks this but the scene with the prison inmate....it reminds me of Morgan Freeman's character in that movie The Shawshank Redemption LOOL
3DS FC: 2492 - 4389 - 4961 - PM me if you add me & I'll add you back :)
lazy_by_choice

Postby deKay » 23 Jan 2013, 15:59

lazy_by_choice wrote:this trailer....I dont know if it is just me who thinks this but the scene with the prison inmate....it reminds me of Morgan Freeman's character in that movie The Shawshank Redemption LOOL

That's because that's exactly what it is based on. The game is full of film, TV and game references - Zelda, Titanic, The Matrix, GTA, Speed...
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby pikachu101 » 23 Jan 2013, 22:55

10 minutes isn't that bad, but it could be better. looks like a quality game though :)
pikachu101 :)
pikachu101

Postby 0010110 » 25 Jan 2013, 22:22

Xenobladeperson wrote:To be fair, in Just Cause 2 would take about 15 - 20 minutes to drive around the outline of Panau. So this is big enough.

I drove the entire EDGE of Panau, going as fast as I could (and I took off about 5 minutes for crashes etc.), literally tonight and it took me 48 minutes...
3DS FC: 3566-2004-3917
My Twitter
My Last.fm

Currently playing -- Animal Crossing:Wild World; Assassin's Creed Revelations

Postby Rainbow Shifter » 26 Jan 2013, 10:16

Yes it takes you 10 minutes to go around the outside of the city. Once you've done that you won't even have explored half of the city and none of the exciting back passages. There is so much more to do on this game and it would take you way more than 10 minutes to explore everything.
Rainbow Shifter