Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

New Wii U games to be revealed in Nintendo Direct on Wednesd

Comment on site articles.

New Nintendo Direct scheduled for 2pm

Nintendo will showcase new Wii U games during a Nintendo Direct broadcast on Wednesday 23 January.

... read more

New Wii U games to be revealed in Nintendo Direct on Wednesd

Postby pokemaster » 22 Jan 2013, 15:51

The usual, Zelda, Metroid, and F-Zero. Although would be more interested in something new, original and surprising.
--------3DS Friend Code-4768-7430-9047--------
-PM me yours if you add me, so I can add you-
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Met my fiance because of the 3DS, I owe Nintendo everything. Miyamoto, Iwata and co. if you see this, you are invited to the wedding.
pokemaster

Re: New Wii U games to be revealed in Nintendo Direct on Wed

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 22 Jan 2013, 16:08

killer instinct , diddy kong racing 2 and a new wave race ?
5OUNDWAVE

Postby paultheotherone » 22 Jan 2013, 16:16

pokemaster wrote:The usual, Zelda, Metroid, and F-Zero. Although would be more interested in something new, original and surprising.

If they announced any of those games, that would be extremely surprising this early in the life span of the console.

But when they say new, do they mean new games that acutally haven't been announced ever, or games that were mentioned or showcased briefly (I.E. Wii Fit U, Wonderful 101) but are considered new beacuse they haven't been given release dates?

I hope a Wii Sports sequel, and a first party franchise at least will be announced.
Im telling the truth when I say that every word I speak is a lie
paultheotherone

Postby smashbros-kid » 22 Jan 2013, 16:20

I wonder if it'll focus on 1st or 3rd party games? These events have tended to focus on the later with a smattering of 1st party announcements.
To me this is very sensible of Nintendo. The line up from now till June looks decent enough but beyond that there's nothing. Perhaps tomorrow we'll see a big announcement or two of games that'll be playable at E3? An update on Smash would be nice, keep the trailer and playable demo till E3 but perhaps a title or a progress report would be nice.
I hope they give Mario a rest. Now I'm not saying I'd complain if they announced a 3D Mario game, far from it; but after last year I think it's time Zelda came back and perhaps some of the lesser known titles. After Kid Icarus last year I'd love to see another franchise see some love. F-Zero, Metroid- surprise me.
My prediction is a title or two we don't know about but the big guns will, rightfully, be held back till June.
Hi.
Thanks for reading, you know its nice to see people like you reading what I have to say, and I aplaud you for puting up with my bad gramar and spelling mistacks.
smashbros-kid

Postby Wiimote » 22 Jan 2013, 16:27

How about Animal Crossing Wii U, Mario Kart Wii U & of cause Super Smash Bros. 4 :D lol.
Awesome friends they know who they are :wink:
'Never underestimate Nintendo'- Chandra Nair.
3DS FC 4511-0577-5238 Please pm me if you add me.
AC:NL dream address 6000 2399 3461
Wiimote

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 22 Jan 2013, 16:36

paultheotherone i as well would like a wii sport's sequel , ever since i seen that video of the gamepad on the floor - the screen filled with sand and the golf ball sitting in the sand then the person swinging over it with the wii-mote and the golf ball disappear's of the gamepad then reappear's on the tv screen - make it so nintendo !
5OUNDWAVE

Postby lminett » 22 Jan 2013, 16:39

I think it'll be features like the google map app thing, as well as talking more about the up and coming games like pikimin and lego city undercover. Id be surprised if they revel anything new, id like them too, but i doubt we will see them do that.
Enjoy video game music and finding out about the composers? check out Ki11j0ys vault
http://www.youtube.com/user/KI11J0YSVAULT?feature=mhee
lminett

Postby CyberGW » 22 Jan 2013, 16:54

Shame it's an awkward time, I would have loved to watch it.
Guess I'll just catch up later. I will scream my head off if it's Rhythm Thief 2 on Wii U. I may be murdered for this, but I'd be much happier with that announcement than a new Zelda.
Current Favourite Game: Wind Waker HD
Most Anticipated Game: MarioKart 8
Animal Crossing Dream Address: 6100-2230-3133
CyberGW

Postby Tinstar5 » 22 Jan 2013, 16:56

Here's my wishlist :

Star fox, Metroid project dread, super mario galaxy 3, new Zelda game, Pokemon stadium, animal crossing U, Beyond good and evil 2, Mario kart 8, Super smash Bros. 4, Sin and punishment 3, Super mario sunshine 2 (please god), Zelda majora's mask 2, kirby's epic yarn 2, Super mario RPG 2, F-Zero and mario strikers.
3DS FC: 2578-3161-0430 Name: Rory
PM me if you've added me
Tinstar5

Postby shy guy 64 » 22 Jan 2013, 16:58

cool looking forward to it
life, don't talk to me about life
sig was made by chocolate milk
shy guy 64

Postby mario_boi » 22 Jan 2013, 17:16

If Nintendo Directs from the past (aside from Pokémon x&y) are anything to go by, Nintendo's meaning of New is 'Games yet to be released'.
So I'm guessing it will be details on wonderful 101 and Game & Wario etc.
Not getting my hopes up this time :(
mario_boi

Postby tomonm » 22 Jan 2013, 17:20

Tinstar5 wrote:Here's my wishlist :

Star fox, Metroid project dread, super mario galaxy 3, new Zelda game, Pokemon stadium, animal crossing U, Beyond good and evil 2, Mario kart 8, Super smash Bros. 4, Sin and punishment 3, Super mario sunshine 2 (please god), Zelda majora's mask 2, kirby's epic yarn 2, Super mario RPG 2, F-Zero and mario strikers.

I think you may be disappointed. Not that I know anything of course. Wonder if we'll see Resident Evil Revelations Wii U tomorrow?
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby ThePokekid78 » 22 Jan 2013, 17:39

CyberGW wrote:Shame it's an awkward time, I would have loved to watch it.
Guess I'll just catch up later. I will scream my head off if it's Rhythm Thief 2 on Wii U. I may be murdered for this, but I'd be much happier with that announcement than a new Zelda.

Consider yourself murdered!
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby lyingthroughyour » 22 Jan 2013, 17:44

tomonm wrote:
Tinstar5 wrote:Here's my wishlist :

I think you may be disappointed. Not that I know anything of course. Wonder if we'll see Resident Evil Revelations Wii U tomorrow?

Oh dear. Please tell me a multiplatform port of a 3DS game isn't the ENTIRE focus of the ND? Really hoping we get at least a few other game announcements..
3DS Code - 2836-0078-7983
PSN:Glasstones
Xbox :tomregan
Check out the gaming sites I write for
http://www.dailyjoypad.co.uk http://www.expansivedlc.com
lyingthroughyour

Postby NP Chilla » 22 Jan 2013, 17:47

I reckon they'll draw attention to the games which will expected to sell well in the near future (Lego City Undercover, Pikmin 3 etc) BUT will possibly throw us a couple of bones in terms of trailers for as yet unannounced opuses.

Maybe they'll announce what Retro Studios is currently developing, for example?
NP Chilla

Postby CBTIRL » 22 Jan 2013, 17:50

Tiger Woods 14 including worlds first gameplay footage please. And GTA V but that wont happen. And a date for BO2 DLC. And Zen Pinball 2. I dont ask for much
Nintendo Network ID: Insert_Pun_Here
3DS FC:1461-6464-0543
PSN:conben12
Twitter:@CBennett_12
CBTIRL

Postby hammster » 22 Jan 2013, 17:52

lyingthroughyour wrote:
tomonm wrote:

Oh dear. Please tell me a multiplatform port of a 3DS game isn't the ENTIRE focus of the ND? Really hoping we get at least a few other game announcements..

Interesting extrapolation.
My Twitter
Xbox Live: sir hamm2
hammster

Postby Smyrlie » 22 Jan 2013, 17:54

Hopefully a new mario kart to celebrate the 20th anniversary and a new wii sports. I'd love to see what they do with the gamepad in either of the two, the golf and baseball games have shown what kind of thing could be done in wii u sports. Or maybe a new game which could support 2 gamepads, that would be awesome! But it will most likely just be some news on games yet to be released. :roll:
3DS Friend Code: 5198-2575-6428
NNID: Smyrlie
Smyrlie

Postby IPecksU » 22 Jan 2013, 17:59

My body is ready for a new franchise, maybe one that targets those guys that still think Nintendo is for babies. But personally I love the wonderfully colourful and interesting Nintendo worlds.
IPecksU

Postby KH81314 » 22 Jan 2013, 18:10

I would like Metroid and maybe f-zero or Mario kart would be cool.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 22 Jan 2013, 18:17

I wonder if we'll hear about those new Sonic games SEGA said are coming out this this year.
Free Nintendo points codes, 3DS and Wii U eShop codes, and many others here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr

Postby Riverlution » 22 Jan 2013, 18:59

Anything, as long as it doesn't suck. The Wii U has an awful lack of content past March, and we literally have nothing to look forward to at the moment. I'm hoping for a new IP straight from Nintendo themselves, though I wouldn't be too surprised if it was a major one of their franchises like Zelda or Metroid. As long as its not Mario, I'll be content.
Riverlution

Postby Kirby8 » 22 Jan 2013, 19:42

Yay! Can't wait! I hope it showcases more future games (of course unlikely to give a release date, but maybe a time frame?) and some release dates for expected games. Like Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101.
Also known as NintendoMad888.
2-4-6-8
what pink blob do we love not hate?
k-i-rb-y
Kirbys a blob all day and night!!!

PARAMORE ROCKS!!!
NINTENDO 4 LIFE!!
COME ON MARIO PAINT WII (OR DS???)!!!
Kirby8

Postby Mr Roboto » 22 Jan 2013, 20:20

The Wii U needs this badly as it has a lot of negative news story's floating about.

I really need something positive to look forward too before Microsoft and Sony steal the spot light away from Wii U.
Mr Roboto

Postby Layton link » 22 Jan 2013, 20:30

I doubt its going to be anything massivly interesting..not gonna be a new zelda or mario..probably a few 3rd party games that wont be very interesting..probably a few sports games..maybe some ports,nothing special.
Layton link

Next