Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Resident Evil Revelations hits Wii U in May! Exclusive Conte

Comment on site articles.

Check out the first Resident Evil Revelations Wii U screenshots now...

The next issue of the Official Nintendo Magazine features a huge blowout on the amazing new Wii U remake of Resident Evil Revelations which is set for release in the UK on 24 May.

... read more

Postby Tinstar5 » 22 Jan 2013, 17:03

(First) OMG this is going to be awesome!
3DS FC: 2578-3161-0430 Name: Rory
PM me if you've added me
Tinstar5

Postby CyberGW » 22 Jan 2013, 17:06

Woah! Big shock!
I missed the 3DS one, but I may try my best to get this.
Depends on what other games come out in May time, but still, this is brilliant news!
Current Favourite Game: Tomodachi Life
Most Anticipated Game: Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS
NNID: CyberGW
CyberGW

Postby Slinkington » 22 Jan 2013, 17:07

RACHEL as playable character in Raid Mode PLEASE.
Slinkington

Re: Resident Evil Revelations hits Wii U in May! Exclusive C

Postby K-tet » 22 Jan 2013, 17:12

A part of me is quite pleased for this, however, another part of me is quite annoyed by this. Chances are Iwata will tell us during the Nintendo Direct Presentation tomorrow that this game will be coming out for Wii U, but from what my sources have told me, it'll also hit out on PS3, 360, and PC. So yeah, annoyed in the sense that it's no longer a 3DS (or even a Nintendo) exclusive, but actually, I'm pleased that it's getting more exposure. It's one of the better ResiEvil's all things considered.
K-tet

Postby spacemen13 » 22 Jan 2013, 17:29

Never owned a resident evil game so I am going to start here!
I am a Chicken murderer.
Appeared in issue 83,84,85
Playing= Resident evil 4 wii edition. minecraft PC Pm me.
Sig by TJhiphop and avatar by Dizzybow!
My model gallery Image
spacemen13

Postby RiksilveR » 22 Jan 2013, 17:31

K-tet wrote:A part of me is quite pleased for this, however, another part of me is quite annoyed by this. Chances are Iwata will tell us during the Nintendo Direct Presentation tomorrow that this game will be coming out for Wii U, but from what my sources have told me, it'll also hit out on PS3, 360, and PC. So yeah, annoyed in the sense that it's no longer a 3DS (or even a Nintendo) exclusive, but actually, I'm pleased that it's getting more exposure. It's one of the better ResiEvil's all things considered.

Hopefully if they're making it go multiformat that means Capcom is committed enough to make a sequel. I want to know what the bit after the credits was all about.
It is a bit annoying that I can't say "hey, the 3DS has the best Resi for ages and PS360 doesn't" any more, but if Capcom are really nice then a sequel might come out as a 3DS/Nintendo exclusive if they decide it's the best format. Not likely, but a man can dream.

spacemen13 wrote:Never owned a resident evil game so I am going to start here!

Neither had I till I got it. Its now one of my favourite games ever. You're in for a cracker.
RiksilveR

Postby ThePokekid78 » 22 Jan 2013, 17:34

So you're giving this the cover feature instead of Gen VI of Pokemon?! I mean, this sounds cool, but I know which one is bigger news...
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby torterratrainer » 22 Jan 2013, 17:42

:( why oh why did i buy the 3DS one, it was good but the graphics were very limiting. this looks awesome+1

for anyone who's never played it, i really recommend as it was my first and 60hrs worth of gold
Torterratrainer has evolved into AzureRathalos!
Hey monster Hunter fans! check out the guild hall on chatango for monster hunter chats and mingling :)
http://mhunterguildhall.chatango.com/
torterratrainer

Postby MatthewONM » 22 Jan 2013, 17:43

ThePokekid78 wrote:So you're giving this the cover feature instead of Gen VI of Pokemon?! I mean, this sounds cool, but I know which one is bigger news...

Yes, but we have exclusive access to Resident Evil, and the same access as everyone else to Pokemon. Do you want information you can get nowhere else or information recycled from a trailer released two weeks ago? We'll do a Pokemon cover when there's something interesting to say about Pokemon.
MatthewONM
ONM Staff

Postby KH81314 » 22 Jan 2013, 18:12

Never played the 3Ds version but I could see myself getting this version. The 3Ds version won best graphics in ONM which would look great in HD.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby Marzy » 22 Jan 2013, 18:17

So much for being a "New" game.
Marzy

Postby Piplup » 22 Jan 2013, 18:23

Well this was disappointing...
No longer a workplace sex criminal.
Piplup

Postby HyrulianToad » 22 Jan 2013, 18:27

:( disappointed by this , was hoping for revalations sequel.
If you haven't played it yet though you'll have a blast.
HyrulianToad

Postby MatthewONM » 22 Jan 2013, 18:37

Marzy wrote:So much for being a "New" game.

It's a game that wasn't known about and hasn't been released yet. It is a new game.

And before we get any more of these sarcastic eye-rolling posts, maybe you lot should wait to read the feature and see why we're so excited for it. We wouldn't have put it on the cover otherwise...
MatthewONM
ONM Staff

Postby adamatsu » 22 Jan 2013, 18:48

a great game, it was nice that it was a 3ds exclusive for so long, but i am glad that more people will get to play it now!
adamatsu

Postby Riverlution » 22 Jan 2013, 19:04

I'm only in if its got LOTS of new content. I played the 3DS one loads, so playing it in HD isn't going to tide me over. I'd expect the content to DOUBLE if they want my money.

It was a great game, but as with the other ports on the Wii U so far - unless there is a BIG reason for me to buy it, then I shan't be getting it. Its great news however for those who haven't played the original.
Riverlution

Postby ShigeruMiyamoto » 22 Jan 2013, 19:13

It looks like a horrible remake, still 3DS textures. Will not look good on a TV.
ShigeruMiyamoto

Postby Buffalo_K » 22 Jan 2013, 19:24

torterratrainer wrote::( why oh why did i buy the 3DS one, it was good but the graphics were very limiting.

Are you serious? ARE YOU SERIOUS? The graphics absolutely stunning for a 3DS game! They're just simply amazing! How could you possibly say that?

Not sure if I'm going to buy this. I'm a huge RE fan, but I'm not sure if I'm going to dish out €60 to play it in HD. I'd prefer if they released the new content as paid DLC on 3DS.
Buffalo_K

Postby Marzy » 22 Jan 2013, 19:26

MatthewONM wrote:

It's a game that wasn't known about and hasn't been released yet. It is a new game.

And before we get any more of these sarcastic eye-rolling posts, maybe you lot should wait to read the feature and see why we're so excited for it. We wouldn't have put it on the cover otherwise...

Okay, then it's a new game.
Marzy

Postby BlockPunch » 22 Jan 2013, 19:29

Where's the cover image at?
Great news, btw! :D
BlockPunch

Postby Dan-the-Wii-man » 22 Jan 2013, 19:38

This is cool but i bought the 3DS one sooo...
Playing Zombi U and Nintendo Land and saving to buy Paper Mario. NNID SingSongDan :D
Dan-the-Wii-man

Postby TheSlenderman » 22 Jan 2013, 19:49

If more games like this are announced, then I may consider getting a wii u. :D
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 22 Jan 2013, 20:05

Wow, I didn't expect that! I mean, I won't be buying it because I only just bought the handheld edition (just my luck, eh?), and given the choice I would pick the 3DS version (the 3D effect coupled with the extra intimacy of a personal portable console jus makes the game much more creepy).
Still, I'm sure that the fans of Resident Evil wil be excited that it'll be released on multiple consoles, even if I do (stupidly) wish that it was still Nintendo exclusive. At least this way it'll sell to more people blah blah profits blah blah more games for me.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby Mr Roboto » 22 Jan 2013, 20:27

I hope this game turns out to be good!

Fingers crossed!
Mr Roboto

Postby K-tet » 22 Jan 2013, 20:27

MatthewONM wrote:

Not really... while it is a remaster, it is hardly a new game. We don't even need to wait to tell you that you're mistaken. Marzy is correct.

Edit: Allow me to explain. A remaster would typically offer more content than its original counterpart, but isn't exactly 'new'. Super Mario All Stars for example is essentially the NES Mario Games remastered for the Super Nintendo, but they aren't 'new' because the games have already existed prior to it. If this was Revelations 2, it would indeed be considered 'new'.

Rehashes are a different kettle of fish. See the Street Fighter games for more on those.
Last edited by K-tet on 22 Jan 2013, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
K-tet

Next