Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Watch Nintendo Direct live from 2pm

Comment on site articles.

Zelda Wind Waker Wii U, new Monolith game and new Yoshi game revealed

Nintendo revealed a new Zelda: Wind Waker Wii U remake, the new game from Xenoblade Chronicles developer Monolith Software, a new Yoshi game and loads more during a packed Nintendo Direct on Wednesday afternoon. Nintendo promised to show off new Nintendo games and they delivered alright. You can watch the show again below.

... read more

Watch Nintendo Direct live from 2pm

Postby fluggy2003 » 23 Jan 2013, 10:17

About time too. Hope its a biggie. Zelda or Metroid would be great. Would love to see a side scrolling Metroid on 3ds too. Super Metroid still my fave in the series.
fluggy2003

Re: Watch Nintendo Direct live from 2pm

Postby silver2010 » 23 Jan 2013, 10:35

I wonder how many 'new' games? Or will it just be release dates for ones we know of already? Like pikmin, wii fit u, wonderful 101. Can't see nothing major although a wii u luigi's mansion would not surprise me with the amount of games that seem to be taking up the idea of handheld and console release lately or even a wii sports u.

I'm actually hoping for some interesting new e shop games and maybe some old ones like meatboy being announced for it.
ADD ME on 3ds: 2277-7889-5743 I am re-collecting pokemon cards after 10-12 years!
silver2010

Postby tomonm » 23 Jan 2013, 10:40

Of course the trouble with saying new games is that people immediately expect big revelations. It could indeed mean games that have yet to be released. Still, if Nintendo were to show off a new trailer for, say Bayonetta 2, you wouldn't be disappointed. Not saying they will of course because I know as much as you do about this broadcast. Nothing!
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby Slinkington » 23 Jan 2013, 10:42

I was very wrong about the Pokemon prediction, but I'm going to remain skeptical about this one. We know it's focus is Wii U "titles" and "services" so we can't expect a ton of games.

I bet they'll talk about upcoming games such as Lego City Stories, Pikmin etc. Stuff we already know about. I think they'll try and make a big announcement out of Resident Evil Revelations, but unfortunately we heard about that just yesterday...

However, I don't think it's out of the question for them to talk about Bayonetta 2, they may even go as far as to show us Retro Studios' game, which I'm guessing is Starfox. I'd bet that we won't hear about those titles, though.

That's my prediction.
Slinkington

Postby shy guy 64 » 23 Jan 2013, 11:29

it should be interesting
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby AtomAtton » 23 Jan 2013, 12:06

Whatever happened to that Yoshi game that was supposed to be developed by Good Feel? Was it cancelled? Because I can remember seeing a notification about it on Super Mario Wiki. Or was it just a rumour?
AtomAtton

Postby Cidiyance » 23 Jan 2013, 12:46

I hope they annouce an Update to the 3DS that takes away Friend codes completely and allows you to put your NNID in there. Ether that or annouce that Mortal Kombat is coming for WiiU.
Let the fire burn, the Hero die and the world turning into a shadow of light! Time has come for you to challenge me!
Cidiyance

Postby Nintendo4Ever » 23 Jan 2013, 12:55

I want to see some news on the new Super Smash Bros game, haven't seen any for a while. Just have to wait and see though.
Been Catchin' 'em all! since June 2000 with my Special Edition Yellow GameBoy Colour... been trying to Catch 'em all! ever since.
Nintendo4Ever

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 23 Jan 2013, 12:57

I'm assuming that Resident Evil Revelations will be shown, but other than that I cant think of what they will be showcasing. But I will predict that no new Mario, Zelda or Smash Bross game will be mentioned.

Still, you have to assume it's quite big. After all, if it was just an update I would assume that Satoru Shibata would be presenting it. The fact that it's the Top-Dog Iwata hints at something more interesting.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Castle Crashers Four-Square | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby Rio-roller » 23 Jan 2013, 13:08

could nintendo not stream it on a live youtube feed so it can be watched on wiiU?
3DS-FC 4398 9576 5323 NNID-Riobro
playing pokemon X, Monster Hunter 3U, Animal crossing, mario kart 7, DOA, ,
NSMB2 on 3DS
Assassins creed black flag, rayman legends, Monster Hunter 3U, zombiU, NSMBU and trine 2 on wiiU
PM me if you add me thanks
Rio-roller

Postby Murphy11 » 23 Jan 2013, 13:12

Maybe we will hear about Nintendo TVii?
I own a 3DS Xl, DSi XL, Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 64 and GameCube!!!
3DS Friend code: 4854 6423 3624. P.M if you add me
My Nintendo Network I.D is : Rohan21
Long Live Nintendo!
Murphy11

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 23 Jan 2013, 13:41

Rio-roller wrote:could nintendo not stream it on a live youtube feed so it can be watched on wiiU?
just go to the nintendo icon on ur bookmark's and watch it there (in the club nintendo section)
5OUNDWAVE

Postby JoeOdranDoran » 23 Jan 2013, 14:13

fluggy2003 wrote:About time too. Hope its a biggie. Zelda or Metroid would be great. Would love to see a side scrolling Metroid on 3ds too. Super Metroid still my fave in the series.

THIS. So much this.
JoeOdranDoran

Postby toffeeman30 » 23 Jan 2013, 14:15

probably end up talking about iwatas antics rather than the games
toffeeman30

Postby JoeOdranDoran » 23 Jan 2013, 14:27

tomonm wrote:Of course the trouble with saying new games is that people immediately expect big revelations. It could indeed mean games that have yet to be released. Still, if Nintendo were to show off a new trailer for, say Bayonetta 2, you wouldn't be disappointed. Not saying they will of course because I know as much as you do about this broadcast. Nothing!

Suuuure, Mr Insider. You know nothing, we understand. *wink wink nudge nudge*
JoeOdranDoran

Postby Rio-roller » 23 Jan 2013, 14:33

5OUNDWAVE wrote:
Rio-roller wrote:could nintendo not stream it on a live youtube feed so it can be watched on wiiU?
just go to the nintendo icon on ur bookmark's and watch it there (in the club nintendo section)

nice one, thank you
3DS-FC 4398 9576 5323 NNID-Riobro
playing pokemon X, Monster Hunter 3U, Animal crossing, mario kart 7, DOA, ,
NSMB2 on 3DS
Assassins creed black flag, rayman legends, Monster Hunter 3U, zombiU, NSMBU and trine 2 on wiiU
PM me if you add me thanks
Rio-roller

Postby ACRID » 23 Jan 2013, 15:12

So you have to re-buy virtual console games that you already purchased on Wii and transferred to Wii U. Nothing short of disgusting.
Currently Playing: Link's Awakening DX [3DS]
ACRID

Postby MiiLoveWii » 23 Jan 2013, 15:18

Lego City & Monster Hunter will be released in the UK in March.
This post is awesome.
MiiLoveWii

Postby alexjones94 » 23 Jan 2013, 15:25

3D Mario & Mario Kart playable at E3! And Smash Bros screens!
alexjones94

Postby MiiLoveWii » 23 Jan 2013, 15:26

The new Yoshi's game has been announced!
This post is awesome.
MiiLoveWii

Postby Bigtime » 23 Jan 2013, 15:28

So this is a disappointing watch.

"NintendoDirect will focus on new games". Speaks about Miiverse for 15 minutes and tells us new game info will come at E3. And I'm sure that fire Emblem thing would be interesting if I was Japanese.
"Eat right, exercise, die anyway..."
Bigtime

Postby Medevac » 23 Jan 2013, 15:32

Wind Waker HD.

God exists!

:D :D :D

So 2 new Zelda games for Wii U. Wind Waker for the Wii U will have a better gaming experience and you'll be able to play on TV or on the gamepad.

This is MORE than I expected, I totally forgive them for taking longer with the new title. Well done Nintendo 8)
Last edited by Medevac on 23 Jan 2013, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
NEW 3DS friend Code: 0877-1246-4882 (Jason)
~Now addicted to Pokemon Y~
Please PM me if you've added me :P
Medevac

Postby ACRID » 23 Jan 2013, 15:33

Wind Waker HD! Best news ever!
Currently Playing: Link's Awakening DX [3DS]
ACRID

Postby alexjones94 » 23 Jan 2013, 15:33

Bigtime wrote:So this is a disappointing watch.

"NintendoDirect will focus on new games". Speaks about Miiverse for 15 minutes and tells us new game info will come at E3. And I'm sure that fire Emblem thing would be interesting if I was Japanese.

We have new 3D Mario, a new Zelda, a remake of Wind Waker, a Yoshi game, a Fire Emblem crossover and new details for already announced games. What more do you want?!
alexjones94

Postby Cidiyance » 23 Jan 2013, 15:36

Hey ho, a new HD Zelda game. Tetra and Toon Link look more shiny. Should be interesting.
Let the fire burn, the Hero die and the world turning into a shadow of light! Time has come for you to challenge me!
Cidiyance

Next