Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Pokemon Black and White 2: Get a Level 50 Keldeo this week

Comment on site articles.

Legendary Colt Pokemon available for a limited time only

While everyone is excited about Pokemon X and Y, don't forget about Pokemon Black And White 2. For you'll be able to get hold of a Level 50 Keldeo for your version of the game from 25 January.

... read more

Pokemon Black and White 2: Get a Level 50 Keldeo this week

Postby Slinkington » 23 Jan 2013, 12:31

I'm positive I already have this 'mon. Why haven't we been given Meloetta yet..?
Slinkington

Re: Pokemon Black and White 2: Get a Level 50 Keldeo this we

Postby samus_killer » 23 Jan 2013, 12:37

Sweet. I'll be sure to download it come Friday.

Cheers for the reminder (:
YouTube / ProjectFalconPunch / Twitter / Nintendo Network: samus_killer / 3DS FC: 3394 3536 1884
samus_killer
ONM Moderator

Postby sciqueen » 23 Jan 2013, 12:38

I see they've forgotten about the Black and White owners already...Why can't they make Keldeo available to download to those games too? Another marketing ploy from Nintendo.
sciqueen

Postby Nintendo4Ever » 23 Jan 2013, 12:40

Slinkington wrote:I'm positive I already have this 'mon. Why haven't we been given Meloetta yet..?

We have, it was a GAME distribution for the new movie at the time. God knows why we haven't been given access to Meloetta yet, my guess is they're releasing a film with it as the star later on this year and leaving it unreleased until then.
Been Catchin' 'em all! since June 2000 with my Special Edition Yellow GameBoy Colour... been trying to Catch 'em all! ever since.
Nintendo4Ever

Postby NintendoForLife » 23 Jan 2013, 12:44

^ I'd try it on Black and White as well. It will probably work.

I don't like that we've to go to the effort of getting Keldeo before then they just make it WiFi event later on. Although I have benefited form that practice before so I can't really complain. :wink:
NintendoForLife at your service.
NintendoForLife

Postby Tamzily01 » 23 Jan 2013, 12:58

sciqueen wrote:I see they've forgotten about the Black and White owners already...Why can't they make Keldeo available to download to those games too? Another marketing ploy from Nintendo.

Um...maybe because they already had a Keldeo event for Black and White?
Looking to get into Pathfinder RPG
3DS: 0688-5598-6231 NNID: RedGuard587
ImageImage
Youtube Tumblr Twitter
Tamzily01

Postby Rufan » 23 Jan 2013, 13:39

I don't have any wounder cards, would I still be able to get this?
Looking for Animal Crossing New Leaf friends, My friend Code is: 3566-1527-3477 Please PM me your friend code so that I can add you. thanks!
Rufan

Postby shy guy 64 » 23 Jan 2013, 14:34

ive all ready got one

like many of us i imagine
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 23 Jan 2013, 14:40

I still haven't played my copy of the game yet,so this is a good enough reason to start playing it.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby KH81314 » 23 Jan 2013, 15:18

Yes, cant wait to get it.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby Gapa » 23 Jan 2013, 18:00

sciqueen wrote:I see they've forgotten about the Black and White owners already...Why can't they make Keldeo available to download to those games too? Another marketing ploy from Nintendo.

Before B/W2 was out, there was an event in GAME stores in which you could get a Keldeo, and seeing that generation 6 is on its way, I don't there is much hope for many more B/W events.
Gapa

Postby Tillbo » 23 Jan 2013, 18:18

Not played a Pokemon game in a while, but if you are just starting the game, wouldn't getting a level 50 straight away make it VERY easy or am I missing something?
Tillbo

Postby C00LI098 » 23 Jan 2013, 18:28

I'm so happy that I'll finally be able to receive Keldeo. In-life events are truly horrible when they exclude certain countries.
C00LI098

Postby TheNUKEnukeM » 23 Jan 2013, 19:24

Never brought black and white so never got the chance to do the first event. I really like Keldeo, I have its C-Gear Skin and I cant wait to catch it. I kinda want victini as well, but most of you have two of them by now so.... I kinda feel I let myself down by not playing the originals. Oh Well.
When I go out some people ask me-Hey what's with the name. Well My real surname is Newcomb. And its sounds like Nukem as in Duke Nukem the game character (never played it, im two young). So I have adopted it and put in frustrating capital letters.
TheNUKEnukeM

Postby ThePokekid78 » 23 Jan 2013, 20:37

Tillbo wrote:Not played a Pokemon game in a while, but if you are just starting the game, wouldn't getting a level 50 straight away make it VERY easy or am I missing something?

Yes, theoretically you're right, but bear 3 things in mind:

1) The game's been out a little while now, so it's assumed that most people who download this Keldeo will already have beaten the game.

2) You don't have to use it. Personally, I wouldn't want to fly through the game with a Lv 50, because it would defeat the fun in building a good team!

3) A Lv 50 won't obey you until you get a certain number of gym badges anyway!
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby Tillbo » 23 Jan 2013, 21:44

Oh yes...forgot about needing Gym badges to get Pokemon to obey. Guess it is a none issue then...
Tillbo

Postby Accelgor7 » 24 Jan 2013, 01:07

Rufan wrote:I don't have any wounder cards, would I still be able to get this?

wonder cards are basically things to show that you've participated in online events before. you should defiantly be able to get keldeo :D
Accelgor7

Postby godotman » 25 Jan 2013, 00:19

Whoop, just got my keldeo :D
godotman

Postby Combusken » 25 Jan 2013, 05:15

Thanks for the reminder! :)

Does anyone else besides me think it is possible that the Meloetta event might be available when the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y playable demo units are ready? (considering that Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are being released worldwide in October 2013 and that GameFreak likes to promote both their new Pokemon games with playable demos while holding their Pokemon download events at the same time)

I mean when Celebi was finally released to us Europeans for the Gen 4 games; Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, (after 2 generations of us not being able to get Celebi) there was also Black 1 and White 1 demo units that we could play at the Celebi event.
Combusken

Postby Rufan » 25 Jan 2013, 14:05

My DS is currently charging so I have to wait till it's done but by the end of today Klendo will be mine too hopfuly.
Looking for Animal Crossing New Leaf friends, My friend Code is: 3566-1527-3477 Please PM me your friend code so that I can add you. thanks!
Rufan

Postby sciqueen » 25 Jan 2013, 22:15

My answer to everyone who replied to my first message...D'OH!
sciqueen

Postby HaydnRhys » 27 Jan 2013, 02:17

How do you guys find out about pokemon events? I always miss them and find out afterwards that I've missed the oppurtunity to get Darkrai or Celebi (two of my favorite pokemon in the world by the way). :evil:
Find me on Miiverse as Haydn_Rhys

Oh, and if you're wondering how to pronounce my name it's Hay-den Reece (Everyone gets it wrong)
HaydnRhys

Postby Nintendo4Ever » 27 Jan 2013, 09:52

HaydnRhys wrote:How do you guys find out about pokemon events? I always miss them and find out afterwards that I've missed the oppurtunity to get Darkrai or Celebi (two of my favorite pokemon in the world by the way). :evil:

I always look on Serebii, they always write about what happens during the week Pokemon-wise.
Been Catchin' 'em all! since June 2000 with my Special Edition Yellow GameBoy Colour... been trying to Catch 'em all! ever since.
Nintendo4Ever

Postby Lugia » 27 Jan 2013, 12:37

Black and White owners already had a distribution event for Keldeo at Game stores across the UK last year.

EDIT: Just seen your question was answered already!
I like games.
Lugia

Postby Curley09 » 04 Feb 2013, 21:05

HES AWESOME
Curley09

Next