Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Game Boy Advance games confirmed for Wii U Virtual Console

Comment on site articles.

Download old classics on the Wii U's retro service

You will be able to download Game Boy Advance games via the Wii U Virtual Console. Yes, Satoru Iwata has announced that classic games from Nintendo's old handheld will be available to download when the service launches on Wii U in the Spring after a System Update.

... read more

Game Boy Advance games confirmed for Wii U Virtual Console

Postby KH81314 » 23 Jan 2013, 15:22

I haven't played that many Gamecube games so I'm super excited to play some of the games that I missed.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Re: Game Boy Advance games confirmed for Wii U Virtual Conso

Postby Dwarph » 23 Jan 2013, 15:33

huh? why is there a windwaker picture... i wasnt watching the nintendo direct due to being at school but no sites seem to have reported gc games for download :/
Dwarph

Postby shy guy 64 » 23 Jan 2013, 15:36

that's cool
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 23 Jan 2013, 15:39

Dwarph wrote:huh? why is there a windwaker picture... i wasnt watching the nintendo direct due to being at school but no sites seem to have reported gc games for download :/
it's getting a hd remake
5OUNDWAVE

Postby NP Chilla » 23 Jan 2013, 15:40

Dwarph wrote:huh? why is there a windwaker picture... i wasnt watching the nintendo direct due to being at school but no sites seem to have reported gc games for download :/

Because Wind Waker is receiving a HD remake this autumn!! :D Hurrah!!!!
NP Chilla

Postby lui_gui » 23 Jan 2013, 15:42

They forgot to mention the HD Remake of Wind Waker for WiiU. It looks stunning.
lui_gui

Postby Dwarph » 23 Jan 2013, 15:42

NP Chilla wrote:

Because Wind Waker is receiving a HD remake this autumn!! :D Hurrah!!!!

FHDSJKLGDHASJ;GHDASJKLHDASJKLDSA
Dwarph

Postby RobertK » 23 Jan 2013, 15:44

Wait I'm confused, is this Gameboy advance or Gamecube games???
Title in tab says gamecube where in the article all the games reffered to are GBA and then a Wind Waker picture??

Confusing isn't even the word :p
My 3DS friend code is
4682-8440-2894
Add me and PM me yours for SSF4 matches :)
Also have dead or Alive: Dimensions, would love a good auld scrap ;)
Mario Tennis Open, Mario Kart also.

Figures fool when fools figure
RobertK

Postby LavaTwilight » 23 Jan 2013, 15:49

That link takes you to best Gamecube games, not Gameboy Advance!
LavaTwilight

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 23 Jan 2013, 15:51

It's probably a mistake because of Minish Cap also featuring Toon Link. Still Wind aker IS getting a HD remake, so yeah, it's not entirely irrelevant... just irrelevan to this particular story.

Good news for all those who wanted GBA on Virtual Console, though it makes me wonder why they're coming to Wii U instead of 3DS.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Ys - Adol | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby tomonm » 23 Jan 2013, 17:10

Okay, I'll come clean! I was expecting GameCube games to be announced for VC and prepared a story. Then it turned out to be GBA and I changed everythinga part from the Wind Waker picture! Whoops!
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby Pyron12 » 23 Jan 2013, 17:13

I agree Martini. Why should the Wii U get it when the 3DS is absolutely perfect for GBA.
On the flip side, hope they release Mother 3!
Friend Code: 3780-9511-6018
Pyron12

Postby KoreeluStromboli » 23 Jan 2013, 17:19

Why hasn't Nintendo made GBA games available for the 3DS Virtual Console yet?! DX What the heck?! >n<;
2nd place in Podcast Competition #17! Here's my entry and the podcast, as of 23:55
My deviantART account
KoreeluStromboli

Postby goldeneye » 23 Jan 2013, 17:30

It seems a bit weird to be adding GBA games to a home console, but then I wonder if this'll be part of Nintendo Network. I remember seeing 3DS games advertised on the WiiU eShop, so I wonder if you'll be able to buy a virtual console game on one console and play it on any of them in the future, if and when the 3DS is updated to work fully with NN.
goldeneye

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 23 Jan 2013, 19:05

More exciting stuff, but I'm confused why GBA games still aren't on the 3DS virtual console.
And if anyone wants to know a site where you can get Wii U and 3DS eShop codes as well as Nintendo Points codes (and lots more) for free, then PM me :) . I can guarantee it's not a scam since I've already got £30 for 3DS.
Free Nintendo points codes, 3DS and Wii U eShop codes, and many others here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr

Postby Dougtendo » 23 Jan 2013, 19:48

So many games will be improved with the Wii U analogue stick, Gamecube games next, please!
Check out my "news" blog - http://thedouglog.blogspot.co.uk/
Dougtendo

Postby TheRexFactor » 23 Jan 2013, 20:39

I would hope 3DS sees the GBA games as well. It would be silly to have old handheld games... not available on the handheld system
I used to be a mod, now I'm just part of the community.
3DS FC: 3780-9077-9091 (let me know if you add me so I can add back)
Mario Kart 7 and Animal Crossing New Leaf current online games
TheRexFactor

Postby lrwr14 » 23 Jan 2013, 22:22

I would rather have GBA games on my 3DS- on a portable system, the way they were original intended. I do hope they add GC games as well.
Master of the Long Sword.
lrwr14

Postby Riverlution » 23 Jan 2013, 22:51

Why are these not coming to the 3DS?
Riverlution

Postby plaing2411 » 28 Feb 2013, 19:10

£5.49 for SNES games seems a bit much.
twitter.com/plaing2411
plaing2411

Postby bluesclues007 » 01 Jun 2013, 06:01

I truly don't get how so many video game companies hate people buying used games or pirating their games, but at the end of the day, it takes them years to finally do something like this. Why haven't GBA games been sold on the Wii from the beginning. It had N64 games. I have so many friends who just got sick of waiting and just got emulators. Heck, emulators run on phones nowadays so portable hand held right there. It's like they don't want my money. Same with other companies. All square-enix does is complain their games either don't sell (I'm looking a you 11 and 14) or they get trashed for poor design (13 and kinda 12) Why not just give people what they want a remake of 7. Just make money off of it, and then use said money to finally make a new good FF.
bluesclues007

Postby neosureshot » 20 Aug 2013, 16:09

Not happy they the 3ds is not getting GBA or SNES games or that there is no news that it is because I allready have 10 gba games on my 3ds so why not just add them to the eShop for 3ds. Seems like the WiiU is gunna get everything while 3ds owners wont
neosureshot

Postby Phirst » 26 Mar 2014, 16:20

Well its been 15 months since it was announced but GBA games are coming next month!!
Phirst