Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Zelda: Wind Waker coming to Wii U in Autumn 2013

Comment on site articles.

Surprise announcement during Nintendo Direct

Nintendo surprised everyone by revealing that a remake of the GameCube classic The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker is coming to Wii U, with a release date set for this Autumn. Zelda mastermind Eiji Aonuma announced the news during Nintendo Direct this afternoon.

... read more

Postby NE1 » 23 Jan 2013, 15:49

I WANT YOUR BABIES IWATA!!
NE1

Postby shy guy 64 » 23 Jan 2013, 15:49

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby McGovern » 23 Jan 2013, 15:53

Didn't see that coming, but this is my favourite Zelda so I can't wait!
McGovern

Re: Zelda: Wind Waker coming to Wii U in Autumn 2013

Postby barrybarryk » 23 Jan 2013, 15:54

It's a sad state of affairs when the biggest title a new console has on the cards is a HD port coming out towards the end of the year. If Nintendo are planning on selling any Wii Us over the next few months they're going to have to arrange a leak of the games they and the other publishers haven't announced yet.
barrybarryk

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 23 Jan 2013, 15:55

No one was expecting that, least of all me. Especially when you consider that people have been expecting remakes of Majora's Mask and A Link To The Past for ages.
Those screens look so amazing. I'd happily buy it again.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby mario_boi » 23 Jan 2013, 15:56

I actually screamed like a little girl when this was shown
mario_boi

Postby Tazer_Silverscar » 23 Jan 2013, 16:03

While I didn't expect it, it's a nice thing to see. I just hope they add more to it, because the whole collecting the Triforce Shards kinda ticked me off.
Come visit my DA Gallery at ether-enereon.deviantart.com
3DS Friend Code: 2406 - 5207 - 9606
Tazer_Silverscar

Postby rhemfur » 23 Jan 2013, 16:10

I can't belive that, I was waiting for so long Zelda Wind Walker for Nintendo 3ds!! I'm really sad right now! :cry:
rhemfur

Postby Issun2765 » 23 Jan 2013, 16:28

I literally caught my breath. I need a Wii U now, for I have never played this game and the GameCube version is near impossible to find for cheap. Wooooooooh!
Issun2765

Postby pokemaniac 212 » 23 Jan 2013, 16:37

This just made my year. Wind Waker is my favourite zelda game, possibly linked to it being my first, but that doesn't change how awesome it is. And those pictures they showed were stunning. Add a new dungeon to lengthen it a bit, and whatever you do don't touch the pictobox sidequest, and I'm happy for life.
LGonm: poke you're so [removed] liberal
pokemaniac 212
ONM Moderator

Postby fluggy2003 » 23 Jan 2013, 16:39

Hd windwaker is Pointless. The gamecube version still plays and looks gorgeous. In fact, the HD visuals seem to remove all of the character the original had. They'd be better just sticking the original on virtual console. Nothing excited me at all at Direct. 101 looks like quirky japanese rubbish. Virtual console is hopeless and only good for possibility of GameCube games. Xenoblade looked good until those stupid numbers started streaming from the monsters.... Hate hit point crap. Yoshis yarn looked good. Liked playing Kirby with niece. Mario and new Zelda obviously good news but where were the preview reels for them? Miiverse is great .... For kids. Seriously, what adult wants to leave game notes and pics for kids to read. I turn it off on wii u games I play. I want to play a game in peace without repeatedly seeing irrelevant messages from kids or being asked if I want to post a message after every level. Stupid messages like "Watch that moving platform" or "this levels hard"! A real annoyance!!! I hate people who post boring stuff about themselves on Facebook every day. I certainly don't want that carrying over to my gaming too.
fluggy2003

Postby mandlecreed » 23 Jan 2013, 16:42

If they add in the 'missing content' form the GC version and make the Triforce quest less of a ballache, it'll be nice.

But still, TAKE MY MONEY NINTENDO.
mandlecreed

Postby masamune » 23 Jan 2013, 16:47

I HAVE TO BUY A WII U NOW, DAMN IT NINTENDO
psn: Cervanres
masamune

Postby Nintendo4Ever » 23 Jan 2013, 16:52

I'll finally get the chance to play Wind Waker without paying £40+ for a used GameCube copy... OF COURSE I'M EXCITED ABOUT A REMAKE!!!

I think Nintendo must be an organisation of Master Thieves... They're always taking my money!
Been Catchin' 'em all! since June 2000 with my Special Edition Yellow GameBoy Colour... been trying to Catch 'em all! ever since.
Nintendo4Ever

Postby EighteenSky » 23 Jan 2013, 17:01

Would rather have a HD Twilight Princess as it'd benefit from the upgrade more and it was better than WW.
EighteenSky

Postby regginator3 » 23 Jan 2013, 17:05

EighteenSky wrote:Would rather have a HD Twilight Princess as it'd benefit from the upgrade more and it was better than WW.

you're a retard your opinions suck and I hate you

<user was suspended for this post>
AdamAG: we're on the internet i dont need to have any sort of social integrity
regginator3

Postby EighteenSky » 23 Jan 2013, 17:20

regginator3 wrote:
EighteenSky wrote:Would rather have a HD Twilight Princess as it'd benefit from the upgrade more and it was better than WW.

you're a retard your opinions suck and I hate you

Love you too.
EighteenSky

Postby MatthewONM » 23 Jan 2013, 17:27

fluggy2003 wrote:Hd windwaker is Pointless. The gamecube version still plays and looks gorgeous. In fact, the HD visuals seem to remove all of the character the original had. They'd be better just sticking the original on virtual console. Nothing excited me at all at Direct. 101 looks like quirky japanese rubbish. Virtual console is hopeless and only good for possibility of GameCube games. Xenoblade looked good until those stupid numbers started streaming from the monsters.... Hate hit point crap. Yoshis yarn looked good. Liked playing Kirby with niece. Mario and new Zelda obviously good news but where were the preview reels for them? Miiverse is great .... For kids. Seriously, what adult wants to leave game notes and pics for kids to read. I turn it off on wii u games I play. I want to play a game in peace without repeatedly seeing irrelevant messages from kids or being asked if I want to post a message after every level. Stupid messages like "Watch that moving platform" or "this levels hard"! A real annoyance!!! I hate people who post boring stuff about themselves on Facebook every day. I certainly don't want that carrying over to my gaming too.

BOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOO! I wish we could ban people for being killjoys. You'd be gone in an instant. BOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOO!
MatthewONM
ONM Staff

Postby torterratrainer » 23 Jan 2013, 17:36

OH COME ON! THIS IS COMPLETE UNADULTERATED WALLET SLAVERY!

what about all those other games that we want. not counting any other system (xbox,pc...)

its like shoving a giant cake in your face and saying that you can only have some of it, even if it all tastes so good and beautiful.

wont stop me getting this :D
Torterratrainer has evolved into AzureRathalos!
Hey monster Hunter fans! check out the guild hall on chatango for monster hunter chats and mingling :)
http://mhunterguildhall.chatango.com/
torterratrainer

Postby Jarmez » 23 Jan 2013, 17:46

Well, I certainly did not expect this. I played Wind Waker only a few times a while back, but never managed to complete it (I was borrowing my brother's copy). It's too expensive to buy now, so I must now place Wind Waker HD onto my games wishlist now, thanks Nintendo =)
Image Graphics | Image T-shirts, phone cases, and pillows | Image Tweets | Image Jarmez | Image Jarmez7 | Image Jarmez7
Please say who you are in Friend Request message, otherwise I'll delete it. ._.
Jarmez

Postby TheSlenderman » 23 Jan 2013, 17:53

I never had a GameCube, so I never played wind waker, so I am really excited by this. I was mulling over the thought of getting a wii u, but this is the perfect reason!!! :D
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby TheNUKEnukeM » 23 Jan 2013, 18:05

Twilight Princess and Wind Waker are both gamecube games as heart (even if twilight princess was ported to the wii) and Wind Waker focuses on block colours which still look good, and Twilight Princess focused more on details which just come up blurry on a hdtv. They probably only chose Wind Waker because everyone knows Majoras Mask is coming on 3DS and Twilight Princess you can play on your wiiu using the wii disc and ocarina of time was remade recently. It was a process of elimination. They are obviously trying to make this into the wii u's Ocarina of Time 3D. But there again revisiting Hyrule on 3DS was amazing, and seeing the world and characters remade was a lot better that I was expecting it to be. I will probably get my Wii U around Autumn then.
When I go out some people ask me-Hey what's with the name. Well My real surname is Newcomb. And its sounds like Nukem as in Duke Nukem the game character (never played it, im two young). So I have adopted it and put in frustrating capital letters.
TheNUKEnukeM

Postby TheSlenderman » 23 Jan 2013, 18:16

I wonder; will this game incorporate motion controls like Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, or will it stick to button controls like the original Wind Waker?
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby Tailzy » 23 Jan 2013, 18:52

Looking pretty nice
3ds fc: 0731 5021 3362
Tailzy

Postby allanironmaiden » 23 Jan 2013, 18:55

hopefully they can tidy up the collecting the shards mess AND finally include the dungeons that were scrapped from the final game that we all know about and wanted in a ''master quest'' sort of idea on any re release
"Every game has a story....only one is Legend"

goldeneye FC - 515063812815
3DS friend code - 1203-9204-3973
allanironmaiden

Next