Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Mario Kart Wii U in the works

Comment on site articles.

Nintendo working on the next instalment of the racing game

Nintendo have confirmed that they are working on Mario Kart Wii U. Satoru Iwata confirmed that the game, the eighth (not including arcade versions) in the series is on its way to Nintendo's new console.

... read more

Postby shy guy 64 » 23 Jan 2013, 17:03

looking forward to seeing it
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby KH81314 » 23 Jan 2013, 17:05

I didn't enjoy Mario Kart 7 as much as I did for the Wii. I enjoyed playing Mario Kart with my family instead of just strangers.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby KoreeluStromboli » 23 Jan 2013, 17:07

That's cool to hear! ^^

Here's characters that I want to see as playable characters in Mario Kart Wii U: Pianta, (maybe) Noki, Kamek/Magikoopa and (maybe) a Hammer Bro. or a Chargin' Chuck.

Retro tracks I want to see: One of the two Wuhu Loops (3DS), Melody Motorway (3DS), Cheese Land (GBA), Lakeside Park (GBA) and (maybe) Ribbon Road (GBA).
2nd place in Podcast Competition #17! Here's my entry and the podcast, as of 23:55
My deviantART account
KoreeluStromboli

Re: Mario Kart Wii U in the works

Postby Jarmez » 23 Jan 2013, 17:41

A new Mario Kart, new 3D Super Mario, and new Zelda were inevitable. I'm looking forward to what things that Mario Kart 8/U will bring to the series.
Image Graphics | Image T-shirts, phone cases, and pillows | Image Tweets | Image Jarmez | Image Jarmez7 | Image Jarmez7
Please say who you are in Friend Request message, otherwise I'll delete it. ._.
Jarmez

Postby ThePokekid78 » 23 Jan 2013, 18:00

This is looking to be one hell of an E3 show after 2012's disappointing one!
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby CDS » 23 Jan 2013, 18:06

I don't have a WiiU, but I'll certainly be looking at Nintendo in E3 to see what they can devliver with these announced games.
That will make me decide.

But hey. New Mario Kart. I absolutely cannot wait.
CDS

Postby TheSlenderman » 23 Jan 2013, 18:10

Nintendo need to have a large character roster for this game, as there just weren't enough to choose from in MK7. But to make this worthwhile, character specific items need to return.
What could the game pad be used for, though? I think it should show a map, and a new item could allow you to place bananas or green shells anywhere on the track using the touchscreen! Just my thought, though. :D
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby TheNUKEnukeM » 23 Jan 2013, 18:17

Is it just me or is anyone slightly disappointed after today. Its just my life seems to be on a cycle, going around in circles. Every 6 or 7 years I buy a new console, slightly better than the last one with a new idea, we then get new super mario bros, a 3d mario, a zelda game and a mario kart game and a few surprises along the way, then we start again. I just feel they are only making this because they feel they have to make a new mario kart rather than they have a brilliant that idea for a new mario kart. Im sorry, im not gonna lie. I love nintendo, really. I am gonna be playing games probably until I die and I didnt mean to sound cynical.

Edit-- I also forgot to mention Yarn Yoshi. Thats new :P
When I go out some people ask me-Hey what's with the name. Well My real surname is Newcomb. And its sounds like Nukem as in Duke Nukem the game character (never played it, im two young). So I have adopted it and put in frustrating capital letters.
TheNUKEnukeM

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 23 Jan 2013, 18:29

Finally some news on MK8! I really can't wait for this one. I hope it's more like the Wii one than MK7 and I want custom tracks!
Free Nintendo points codes, 3DS and Wii U eShop codes, and many others here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr

Postby CDS » 23 Jan 2013, 18:45

Can't wait for the Classic Track predictions for this one.
But I'd still much rather have six cups for each type [Modern/Classic]. This gives more opportunities then for classic tracks, as well as the modern ones. But even if not, at least bring back the All-Star Cup for both cup types.
CDS

Postby Dougtendo » 23 Jan 2013, 19:37

The controller seems perfect for this game, and off screen play will be great
Check out my "news" blog - http://thedouglog.blogspot.co.uk/
Dougtendo

Postby RealToonLink » 23 Jan 2013, 20:50

Mario Kart is cool but hearing about a F-Zero would have been even cooler.
Dear Nintendo, GIVE US AN ALL NEW STARFOX!!! please...
RealToonLink

Postby pikachu101 » 23 Jan 2013, 22:48

as much as i love the past mario kart games, its time for a twist, something to make it even more amazing :D
pikachu101 :)
pikachu101

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 24 Jan 2013, 13:04

I think the most exciting bit about this announcement was that it'll be at E3 in playable form.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Ys - Adol | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 24 Jan 2013, 14:26

It'll be interesting to see what it'll be like,hopefully Nintendo will bring back the mission mode that was in Mario Kart DS.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho