Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Mario Galaxy developers working on new 3D Mario game for Wii

Comment on site articles.

All will be revealed at E3 2013

The new 3D Mario game that's coming to Wii U will be developed by Nintendo EAD Tokyo, the same studio that produced Super Mario Galaxy for Wii and Super Mario 3D Land on 3DS.

... read more

Mario Galaxy developers working on new 3D Mario game for Wii

Postby shy guy 64 » 23 Jan 2013, 17:26

looking forward to this greatly
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Re: Mario Galaxy developers working on new 3D Mario game for

Postby deKay » 23 Jan 2013, 17:32

It's going to take some doing to top NSMBU! I'm sure it'll be great, though - main-series Mario games are never poor.
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby super yoshifan » 23 Jan 2013, 17:47

Glad that they're giving the 2D a break - should be interesting.
Stoke City: finally a football team, apparently.
super yoshifan

Postby KH81314 » 23 Jan 2013, 17:51

I enjoy 3D mario more 2D mario and I think that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the Best Wii Game and one the best games ever.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby deKay » 23 Jan 2013, 17:56

I concluded that NSMBU is the second best game ever made.

Mario 64 used to be, in my eyes, but NSMBU edges it.

Still loved Galaxy 1 and 2, and Sunshine, but this needs to be REALLY special to beat NSMBU!
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby TheSlenderman » 23 Jan 2013, 18:58

Right, where's my wallet?
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby CaptainSnivy » 23 Jan 2013, 19:13

Awesome. With the best Mario game to date being SMG2 (that reminds me, I need to finish NSMBU sometime), this game will hopefully beat that game to the title of best main series Mario game.
CaptainSnivy

Postby Dougtendo » 23 Jan 2013, 19:46

I don't want this to be a Mario Galaxy sequel, I want the Wii U to have its own special Mario game. Excited for what will make this unique, and the excitement of the anticipation as well!
Check out my "news" blog - http://thedouglog.blogspot.co.uk/
Dougtendo

Postby RealToonLink » 23 Jan 2013, 20:35

Given the fact that its only been a year since Super Mario 3D Land, I hope the game isn't being rushed.
Dear Nintendo, GIVE US AN ALL NEW STARFOX!!! please...
RealToonLink

Postby Mr Roboto » 23 Jan 2013, 20:39

This is going to help Wii U sales big time when it gets released.
Mr Roboto

Postby deKay » 23 Jan 2013, 21:56

RealToonLink wrote:Given the fact that its only been a year since Super Mario 3D Land, I hope the game isn't being rushed.

It might be two years before it's out yet! And it may have been in development for 5 years already for all we know.
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 24 Jan 2013, 13:42

I can't wait to see what they come up with. Super Mario 64 is still my personal favourite 3D Mario game, so I'm personally wishing that it'll be more like that. In fact, I made a post about what I'd like to see in a new 3D Mario game, which I'll re-post here if you don't mind:

MartinIsAwesome wrote:I can see a lot of potential for a platforamer that switches the action between the TV and the GamePad screen.
Taking the example of Mario game where going down a pipe on the TV takes you to an Underground stage that plays out on the GamePad.
Alternatively, imagine a game where at first, nothing (or something very basic) is shown on the TV screen and you play the game on the GamePad in a Hub World, like Peach's Castle in SM64 for example. Then, only when you jump into a portal to gain access to level (like the paintings) all the action switches to the TV where this giant world unfolds. That would be a rather magical moment.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Castle Crashers Four-Square | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby AaronMclaren » 24 Jan 2013, 13:48

Very excited to hear this. The 3D Mario games have been my favourite Mario's since 64, I just hope it's not another Galaxy-esque game. It can re-use some of the incredible ideas and all that, but some other completely unique environment or returning to the series 3D beginnings would be awesome. Even a hint of story a la Galaxy would go down very well too :)
AaronMclaren

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 24 Jan 2013, 14:17

Very good news,I wouldn't mind a Galaxy threequel,but it'll be nice if it was something new.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho