Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Shin Megami meets Fire Emblem in new Wii U strategy game - f

Comment on site articles.

See more of the collaboration between Atlus and Intelligent Systems

It's the biggest Nintendo crossover since Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright. The worlds of Shin Megami and Fire Emblem are coming together in a new strategy RPG from Atlus and Intelligent Systems. Announced during Nintendo Direct, here is the first trailer.

... read more

Postby PeterR » 23 Jan 2013, 18:38

Am i being very silly for not knowing what shin megami is? Still I love fire emblem so will be keeping a close eye on that.
PeterR

Postby KH81314 » 23 Jan 2013, 18:41

I love Fire Emblem but I'm not such a big fan of Shin Megami Tensei. Still, I bet this could turn out to be something great.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Re: Shin Megami meets Fire Emblem in new Wii U strategy game

Postby Crimsonfist101 » 23 Jan 2013, 19:06

PeterR wrote:Am i being very silly for not knowing what shin megami is? Still I love fire emblem so will be keeping a close eye on that.

Not really, the games very rarely get UK releases and the only main series one in this country is on the PS2. The games are turn based dungeon crawlers, themed around mythology, they use have a monster based party system similar to pokemon however are generally much more challenging games. The Persona spinoff series is quite a bit more popular, you might have heard of that.
Crimsonfist101

Postby PeterR » 23 Jan 2013, 19:27

Crimsonfist101 wrote:
PeterR wrote:Am i being very silly for not knowing what shin megami is? Still I love fire emblem so will be keeping a close eye on that.

Not really, the games very rarely get UK releases and the only main series one in this country is on the PS2. The games are turn based dungeon crawlers, themed around mythology, they use have a monster based party system similar to pokemon however are generally much more challenging games. The Persona spinoff series is quite a bit more popular, you might have heard of that.

Ahh I see, thank you kindly for the info =]
PeterR

Postby TheVelvetRoom » 23 Jan 2013, 19:29

It's great that SMT is getting a crossover, though I couldn't really care less for Fire Emblem, and I'm dead certain this'll be a Fire Emblem game with SMT characters, demons and locations.
PS Forever UK an enthusiast site for Playstation games new and old
Steam: velv
PSN: tvrsteve
TheVelvetRoom

Postby Crimsonfist101 » 23 Jan 2013, 19:44

TheVelvetRoom wrote:It's great that SMT is getting a crossover, though I couldn't really care less for Fire Emblem, and I'm dead certain this'll be a Fire Emblem game with SMT characters, demons and locations.

I'd guess at an SRPG, but it's not like there haven't been Megaten games in that genre. The Devil Survivor games were pretty good and that's the format I'd expect this game to take.

Since this was announced in the EU Nintendo direct hopefully we won't have to wait too long for it after the American release.
Crimsonfist101

Postby Mello » 23 Jan 2013, 20:49

Really excited to learn more about this. Really like Fire Emblem games and though I've never played the main SMT games I've played the four Persona games and briefly tried Devil Survivor once (I'm hoping to get it on 3DS when it comes out) and those have all been cool. I love the character designs shown in the trailer and I really want to see more of what the game is about - as mentioned above, Devil Survivor is an SRPG so there must be some sort of unique spin on this.
Mello

Postby fisher2007 » 23 Jan 2013, 21:25

It's great that SMT fire emblem is getting a crossover,

and hopefully there be shin megami vs Disgaea or Disgaea vs fire emblem one day in the future and i always wanted one those crossover's to made. 8)
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.
fisher2007

Postby Da_Epic_Fail » 23 Jan 2013, 22:31

This caught me by surprise :) And is awesome.
Da_Epic_Fail

Postby DarkDeoxys » 23 Jan 2013, 23:02

This hit me from nowhere. as soon as i saw that the demi fiend from SMT nocturne was in it i thought i must get this game (i'm hoping more chracters are announced like any characters from digital devil saga) :D i'm hoping for it to be a proper RPG game
Playing on Animal crossing: New Leaf and Fire emblem Awakening
NNID: shadowgamesFTW
Animal crossing new leaf dream address: 6400-2186-4842
Town name: Fox Wood
Mayor Daniel :3
DarkDeoxys