Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

What's your most wanted Wii U game?

Comment on site articles.

Vote for your number one game in our poll

We might have to rethink our best Wii U games for 2013. When I started compiling the most exciting Wii U games of the next 12 months, I had no idea that we'd be playing a remake of The Legend Of Zelda Wind Waker on Wii U (my favourite Zelda game ever) by the autumn. Or that Resident Evil Revelations would be getting the HD treatment in May.

... read more

What's your most wanted Wii U game?

Postby Cidiyance » 24 Jan 2013, 16:40

I wished they annouced Mortal Kombat 2011 on WiiU or at least ask Netherealm to port their game over to the system, Justice League something or other dosn't cut it for me.
Let the fire burn, the Hero die and the world turning into a shadow of light! Time has come for you to challenge me!
Cidiyance

Re: What's your most wanted Wii U game?

Postby debris » 24 Jan 2013, 16:47

ONM could you not have made it so we could of at least voted for our top three?, voting for one just doesnt seem to cover it.....so many great games!
debris

Postby shy guy 64 » 24 Jan 2013, 16:56

pikmin 3, wind waker and yarn yoshi

and its a safe bet that neither smash 4 or zelda wii u will come out this year (zelda 3ds maybe)
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby Tanrei » 24 Jan 2013, 16:58

Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei.
Follow me on Twitter!
3DS Friend Code: 1349-5264-0607 Add for New Leaf!
"Everywhere you look it's cats, lizards and elves!"
Tanrei

Postby Dougtendo » 24 Jan 2013, 17:03

I'm most looking forward to Mario Kart for Wii U - the controller will be perfect for it and off screen play will be great!
Check out my "news" blog - http://thedouglog.blogspot.co.uk/
Dougtendo

Postby C00LI098 » 24 Jan 2013, 17:11

I voted for Wind Waker Wii U, but it's impossible to narrow it down to one choice. There are seven (!) games on that list that are must-buys for me, and there are some more I'll be considering.
C00LI098

Postby ledreppe » 24 Jan 2013, 17:13

Is that the official title for the new Yoshi game, "Yarn Yoshi"?
Nintendo Network ID: BigAl79
3DS Friend Code
Getting: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Rayman Legends.
Mii QR Code
Twitter
YouTube
Where Nintendo lead, others follow!
ledreppe

Postby linkfinity » 24 Jan 2013, 17:30

I want MH3:U the most, but also I want Bayonetta and X very much.
linkfinity

Postby Zen » 24 Jan 2013, 17:34

Most wanted games: Monster Hunter Ultimate, Dragon Quest X.

Most anticipated games: Zelda Wii U, "Xenoblade 2".
Zen

Postby TheSlenderman » 24 Jan 2013, 17:38

Wind Waker is the reason I'm getting a wii u. So I voted for it. :shock:
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby Xenobladeperson » 24 Jan 2013, 17:39

I wanted to say MH3U, but new Xenoblade, so yeah.
Nintendo Ninja wrote:Never fear everything can be resolved by a large amount of violence
Xenobladeperson

Postby Redfish20 » 24 Jan 2013, 18:23

Well it was always going to be the new Zelda for me. I can't really explain why without simply spamming my post with the words "new Zelda" and lots of exclamation marks so I'll let you fill that bit in for yourselves.
Cloud_of_Shame
Redfish20

Postby Waldy565 » 24 Jan 2013, 18:25

Instantly voted for SSB, then read the list :D Surprised Zelda is on top, love the franchise, but honestly thought Smash Bros would take the lead. However, along with the 2 mentioned, looking forward to Wind Waker re-release (I'm sure I'm joined by many others in saying this will be my first play-through, like ONM said when they did their Star Fox review, I'm sure everyone else will be jealous we get to play it for a first time!). Yoshi's Yarn, Pikmin 3, LEGO City and Wonderful 101 are also highlights, but keeping my eye on Bayonetta and out for Star Fox and F-Zero news...
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 24 Jan 2013, 18:25

Good thing I've set aside a lot of money from last year.
I never thought much of Rayman Legends until playing the demo, now I really want it.
Pikmin 3 will be a new experience for me, but I love the look of it and the Eurogamer demo intrigued me.
Yarn Yoshi looks great and has a good chance of being something I will pick up.
I've been a big fan of Mario Kart since Double Dash on the Gamecube, making the 8th installment a must have for me.
Mario games don't really interest me, but I enjoyed playing Galaxy 2 with a friend of mine, so I'll perhaps get this if it looks particularly good and I see it cheap.
I'm very interested be a new LoZ game possibly with multiplayer and/or open world elements.
But Smash Bros Wii U has to take my vote as I adored Brawl for a multitude of reasons.
Nintendo will definitely get some profit out of me this year.
Free Nintendo points codes, 3DS and Wii U eShop codes, and many others here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr

Postby vtheyoshi » 24 Jan 2013, 18:43

MH3U and Yarn Yoshi.

Thanks to Liberal for the sig and avatar.
Kittens.: Right, because a three way between a corpse, the self-proclaimed "ONM overlord" and masa would be really sexy.
vtheyoshi

Postby hammster » 24 Jan 2013, 19:01

I could have voted for any of these really easily. All look superb. But I went for X.
My Twitter
Xbox Live: sir hamm2
hammster

Postby Dan-the-Wii-man » 24 Jan 2013, 19:08

Wind Waker, Zelda Wii U, Mario 3D, Mario Kart and the Xenoblade thing... im just in heaven right now!
Playing Zombi U and Nintendo Land and saving to buy Paper Mario. NNID SingSongDan :D
Dan-the-Wii-man

Postby yubel » 24 Jan 2013, 19:23

Voted Zelda Wii U, purely because I believe it'll be the most outstanding game in the console library. Lego City Undercover may be the first title to peak my interest, but it's quickly being over-shadowed by yesterday's announcements.
-Nintendo Yubellion-
PSN:Alex-Haldane
Nobody ever died being too careful
yubel

Postby me4ndubz » 24 Jan 2013, 19:32

I haven't been keeping up with Nintendo news a much as I used to so I may have freaked out when I watched Nintendo Direct haha
me4ndubz

Postby KH81314 » 24 Jan 2013, 19:50

Of the games that I have actually seen something for it would be monster hunter 3 ultimate. But if its something that's just being worked on then it would be super Mario 3d title.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby CBTIRL » 24 Jan 2013, 22:10

For 2013 its gotta be Wind Waker- its a game in my top 5 to play list. But for the future, Smash Bros. 4 is my most wanted. A game full of great Nintendo franchises, which in turn is a great Nintendo franchise AND in HD, I mean come on, If you dont want this game Im sorry but Ill have to take your licence to live
Nintendo Network ID: Insert_Pun_Here
3DS FC:1461-6464-0543
PSN:conben12
Twitter:@CBennett_12
CBTIRL

Postby Loryuken » 24 Jan 2013, 23:12

I'm really looking forward to a few games on that list... Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. and Yarn Yoshi, but The Legend of Zelda is my favourite series, so the brand new game coming out is the one I'm looking forward to the most. I can't wait to see what they've came up with and get stuck into it!

Image Nintendo Network ID: PhantomGanon

Check out my RedBubble!
Loryuken

Postby wiill 64 » 25 Jan 2013, 00:07

Went with Wind Waker HD since the original was my first and favourite Zelda game this will get me hyped for the brand new one they're working on.
Other than that, I'm looking forward to Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, Lego City Undercover, Game & Wario, and The Wonderful 101.
Then there's the likes of Fire Emblem's collaboration, Yarn Yoshi, and X which I'm interested in, while I'm looking forward to seeing what the new 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. hold in store for us.
Credit to KameRule for sig
3DS FC:5198-2404-6786, NNID: wiill64. PM if you add me please.
wiill 64

Postby IPecksU » 25 Jan 2013, 00:33

Has to be smash bros for me, each game in the series has been my favourite game of each console they've been on. I'm really hyped for most of the things on this list though XD
IPecksU

Postby CDS » 25 Jan 2013, 11:15

It was once LEGO City Undercover, but after the confirmation of Mario Kart WiiU, and me being a massive fan of Mario Kart since Double Dash, I had to change it.
The fact that Nintendo seem to be greatly improving its franchises now [big leap for Animal Crossing, Pokemon in 3D] it seems that the best of Nintendo's franchises will also be receiving a great improvement on WiiU.
I just wonder what those will be.
CDS

Next