Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Smash Bros 3DS to be showcased at E3 2013 alongside Wii U ve

Comment on site articles.

Sakurai wants to show off both versions

Masahiro Sakurai has said that he wants to show off Smash Bros 3DS as well as Smash Bros Wii U at E3 2013.

... read more

Smash Bros 3DS to be showcased at E3 2013 alongside Wii U ve

Postby GdiddyN » 25 Jan 2013, 10:06

Please, please, pleaseeeee be footage.

My predictions? I'm guessing the official name of the new Smash Bros. will be announced, along with the logo, and I'm expecting some revelations on the roster.

I'm certain that the Wii U version's graphics will be lightyears ahead of the 3DS' so not to bothered about the 3DS version to be perfectly honest. :|

ROLL ON JUNE!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
~Panic! At The Disco~
GdiddyN

Re: Smash Bros 3DS to be showcased at E3 2013 alongside Wii

Postby KH81314 » 25 Jan 2013, 10:38

GdiddyN wrote:Please, please, pleaseeeee be footage.

My predictions? I'm guessing the official name of the new Smash Bros. will be announced, along with the logo, and I'm expecting some revelations on the roster.

I'm certain that the Wii U version's graphics will be lightyears ahead of the 3DS' so not to bothered about the 3DS version to be perfectly honest. :|

ROLL ON JUNE!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I agree with your predictions but I might get both versions if they do something gray with both of them but for now I'm just going to get the Wii U version.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby shy guy 64 » 25 Jan 2013, 11:28

awesome, june cant come soon enough
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby martynm » 25 Jan 2013, 11:30

i'm glad he's going to show off the 3DS version. I doubt i'll be able to afford a Wii U anytime soon so i'm glad he's showing that off. i'm really interested as to hiow Sakurai will make it work on the platform..
and here's my FC 2594-9874-0768

OH! and my NNID is MartynIsAdequate. Not as hilarious as it did first time round. Contact if interested!
My Colors! Gallery Twitter
martynm

Postby legend1992 » 25 Jan 2013, 12:53

Nice to know we can expect to look at the 3DS version as well - it's going to be a while before I can afford to buy the Wii U, so I'm looking forward to seeing what Sakurai and his team will do for Smash Bros. in 3D
legend1992

Postby SmashBro2712 » 25 Jan 2013, 13:04

Nice, this is gonna be a big thing at E3 for Ninty and Sony & MS are gonna have a hard time topping it! But that "something that uses that link as the game's central axis" quote gives me a feeling that there's a tiny chance that basing the game on connecting 2 consoles will make it gimmicky and a bit poor (remember Pokemon Battle Revolution) I doubt that will happen but if they move the whole game away from what every other Smash bros has been about then, we might be in trouble. Like I said I doubt that will happen and I'm really looking forward to E3 and this game.
SmashBro2712

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 25 Jan 2013, 13:27

Bring on E3 then.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 25 Jan 2013, 14:26

I can't even begin to image how this link is going to work. I don't mind not seeing it at E3, I'd rather have closure on this mystery.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby Mew3 » 25 Jan 2013, 16:36

Bring on June! :D
Mew3

Postby LOZanges » 25 Jan 2013, 16:48

I'm both exited and a little nervous for E3 now. I want good news but then, what if the roster and features are rubbish? Basically, I don't like the idea of the link between both versions. Argh, paranoia!!!
I heard you like ONM. So I put an issue of ONM inside your issue of ONM so you can read ONM whilst you're reading ONM
LOZanges

Postby epiclink » 25 Jan 2013, 17:28

Can't wait till June! :D
EPICLINK! IT'S LINK BUT MORE EPIC!

THINKS HE FOUND TOTAKA'S SONG ON BRAWL

but he doesn't know if he's RIGHT or WRONG.
epiclink

Postby thenintendoer » 25 Jan 2013, 18:24

a trailer would be nice :)
thenintendoer

Postby Bigtime » 25 Jan 2013, 19:29

June can't come quick enough...
"Eat right, exercise, die anyway..."
Bigtime

Postby Riverlution » 25 Jan 2013, 22:44

This E3 will be HUGE. New consoles from the rivals, but I'm still most looking forward to the Nintendo stuff.

I feel like we've just had a mini E3 this week with all those announcements of new games anyway. I'm still hoping they have a couple more Wii U games under wraps (please be working on a starfox game!!!), and we know literally nothing about 3DS other than Pokemon! Pretty much every game we've got coming in the next few months from Nintendo is already out in Japan (Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing etc) and we know NOTHING else about whats coming. I expect Mario will have another sports game announced for 3DS, but apart from that it could be anything. Something different from the stuff being worked on for Wii U hopefully - a handheld, 2.5D Metroid (or even something like Other M), or maybe a new Donkey Kong game like the one on N64.

I think they need some new IPs too.

But yeah, Smash Bros 3DS and Wii U may have footage, but I doubt anything will be playable, and I doubt we'll have many announcements for which characters will and won't make the cut (other than the obvious Mario, Link, Kirby, Starfox, Pikachu etc). We might see a new gameplay mechanic, or item (like the Smash Ball was in Brawl) but they'll likely keep all the new characters hidden for quite a while yet.
Riverlution

Postby Hams96 » 26 Jan 2013, 06:19

3DS version first, then the Wii U version when I can actually afford the console
Hams96

Postby Rainbow Shifter » 26 Jan 2013, 10:39

I hope it's not one of those handheld games which are so not as good as the home console one (example: Mario and Sonic at the Oympic Games).
Rainbow Shifter

Postby Pyron12 » 26 Jan 2013, 11:02

People will think about how either Sony or Microsoft will win E3.
I, however, disagree. Nintendo will crush the competition with Smash Bros U/3D alone.
Friend Code: 3780-9511-6018
Pyron12

Postby HarryOwnage18 » 27 Jan 2013, 14:53

Cant wait for this game. Namco Bandai could do a really good job and add some characters to the roster like Jin from Tekken and Pac-man! I'm getting the Wii U and 3DS version!
HarryOwnage18

Postby VinceLovesToast » 27 Jan 2013, 15:03

The names will probably be Smash bros U and smash bros 3d/3ds though I may be wrong!
VinceLovesToast

Postby VinceLovesToast » 27 Jan 2013, 15:06

Pyron12 wrote:People will think about how either Sony or Microsoft will win E3.
I, however, disagree. Nintendo will crush the competition with Smash Bros U/3D alone.

I agree but rumours are going around that a new xbox will be released at the end of this year, but nintendo will defenitely steal the show if those rumours are false!
VinceLovesToast

Postby Tazer_Silverscar » 28 Jan 2013, 15:46

HarryOwnage18 wrote:Cant wait for this game. Namco Bandai could do a really good job and add some characters to the roster like Jin from Tekken and Pac-man! I'm getting the Wii U and 3DS version!

Just please, no Heihachi. It's boring that he gets everywhere when the rest of the Tekken roster doesn't.
Come visit my DA Gallery at ether-enereon.deviantart.com
3DS Friend Code: 2406 - 5207 - 9606
Tazer_Silverscar

Postby smash-brother » 28 Jan 2013, 20:00

i would be fine if he just said that layton is in it

ps people stop saying things like "e3 can't come soon enoth" it is just annoying
Jack, I'm only an elected official, i can't make decisions by myself
smash-brother

Postby killganon » 29 Jan 2013, 20:50

there is one chracter i would love to see in this game duke nukem his finising move could be the mighty boot where he kicks the opponents head between two goal posts
killganon