Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Best Event Pokemon

Comment on site articles.

Keldeo is available today for Pokemon Black and White 2 today but who are the best event Pokemon of all time?

Don't forget that you can get hold of a Level 50 Keldeo today for your copy of Pokemon Black 2 or Pokemon White 2 via Wi-Fi. This Keldeo is the latest in a long line of special Pokemon to be distributed to fans via a special event. You see, some Pokemon just aren't available for capture in the wild in the usual way - some particularly powerful Pokemon are only available at special Pokemon events held around the country or in occasional Pokemon spin-off games. These are your five best event Pokemon from that alluringly elusive breed.

... read more

Best Event Pokemon

Postby olrodlegacy » 25 Jan 2013, 11:54

How long does the distribution last? Need to get home to use my Wi-Fi...
Twitter: @olrodlegacy 3DS Friend Code: 3523-2031-4532. PM me yours!

"There is a purpose greater than myself."
olrodlegacy

Best Event Pokemon

Postby Targey » 25 Jan 2013, 11:56

ONM wrote:Is there are a Pokemon darker than Darkrai?

Sorry?
Targey

Best Event Pokemon

Postby shy guy 64 » 25 Jan 2013, 11:58

i would of had celebi on the list
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Re: Best Event Pokemon

Postby King Slazo » 25 Jan 2013, 12:00

Stopped caring about the distributions once they stopped doing tours for them.

I mean, I remember back whenever Mew was distributed in... 2006? 2007? Either way, went along to the Toys R Us in Bristol and proceeded to be in a two hour queue for the thing, meeting a load of cool people and having a laugh with staff about how dang busy it was compared to every other event on the tour. :)
~ if we make it through the night we'll watch the morning sun ~ endless tweetnobabble
King Slazo
ONM Moderator

Postby Nintendo4Ever » 25 Jan 2013, 12:26

Mew's the best event Pokemon ever, mainly because it's the one that started it all as well as the hype surrounding it when it was first discovered. What makes it even better was no one knew about it until one of the programmers admitted to putting it in!
Been Catchin' 'em all! since June 2000 with my Special Edition Yellow GameBoy Colour... been trying to Catch 'em all! ever since.
Nintendo4Ever

Postby Water Max » 25 Jan 2013, 12:44

I have obtained every event Pokémon since the Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia events in 2008. I also got a Pokémon Channel Jirachi and the Eon Ticket in Generation III before paying close attention to other Pokémon events. I can easily obtain Deoxys by playing the Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs multiplayer mission Deoxys and the Odd Temple with a friend who I see every Tuesday. My favourite event Pokémon is Mew because it can learn nearly any move.
Water Max

Postby KH81314 » 25 Jan 2013, 13:32

I don't like event pokemon. I think they should it include the pokemon in the game.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby Waldy565 » 25 Jan 2013, 13:42

Once I get over this amazing machine (Wii U, got today) I'll get round to downloading Keldeo, Darkrai my personal fave
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby vix_chan » 25 Jan 2013, 13:56

King Slazo wrote:Stopped caring about the distributions once they stopped doing tours for them.

I mean, I remember back whenever Mew was distributed in... 2006? 2007? Either way, went along to the Toys R Us in Bristol and proceeded to be in a two hour queue for the thing, meeting a load of cool people and having a laugh with staff about how dang busy it was compared to every other event on the tour. :)

I have to agree with this, there is nothing like going along to an event and meeting loads of other Pokémon loving fans! You get the hype of battling, trading with other players and using things on it that hardly get used (like the Underground or secret base)

Also, I was most likely there at that Mew event in Bristol, hardly ever missed a event.
Best one must have been Deoxys at the VUE cinema, I started out giving the Eon ticket to some people I was talking to on the forums that needed it, word got around and as soon as people got there deoxys they came to me for the Eon Ticket. Got allot of good Pokémon in return for the favour.
Thanks for the votes everyone.
vix_chan

Postby ThePokekid78 » 25 Jan 2013, 15:25

vix_chan wrote:
King Slazo wrote:Stopped caring about the distributions once they stopped doing tours for them.

I have to agree with this, there is nothing like going along to an event and meeting loads of other Pokémon loving fans! You get the hype of battling, trading with other players and using things on it that hardly get used (like the Underground or secret base)

Also, I was most likely there at that Mew event in Bristol, hardly ever missed a event.
Best one must have been Deoxys at the VUE cinema, I started out giving the Eon ticket to some people I was talking to on the forums that needed it, word got around and as soon as people got there deoxys they came to me for the Eon Ticket. Got allot of good Pokémon in return for the favour.

However, the majority of players were unable to attend events like these, meaning the majority of players (such as myself) would miss out.
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby marioman268 » 25 Jan 2013, 15:43

I got my Jirachi from Pokemon channel, I remember buying the Gba to Gamecube link cable specifally for that reason lol
Like a midget at a urinal i was going to have to stay on my toes
marioman268

Postby alexkinch » 25 Jan 2013, 16:08

I'm from reading and we were lucky with the Pokemon tours. I hope they bring them back.

Thanks to MartinisAwesome for the sig,
Wii u Id is alexkinch
3ds FC is 2191 7652 3318
alexkinch

Postby King Slazo » 25 Jan 2013, 16:41

ThePokekid78 wrote:However, the majority of players were unable to attend events like these, meaning the majority of players (such as myself) would miss out.

Its almost like event Pokémon are meant to be rare.
~ if we make it through the night we'll watch the morning sun ~ endless tweetnobabble
King Slazo
ONM Moderator

Postby Toastie » 25 Jan 2013, 16:58

King Slazo wrote:
ThePokekid78 wrote:However, the majority of players were unable to attend events like these, meaning the majority of players (such as myself) would miss out.

Yeah, sometimes I think it would be cool if things went back to the Gen I/II days when event Pokémon were really difficult to obtain. Still, if you get a Pokémon from an event then it's in a Cherish Ball and has an OT which proves where you obtained it from, so it isn't too bad.
I HAVE CHORTLES.
Toastie

Postby cheatmaster30 » 25 Jan 2013, 18:37

I agree with the list, Deoxys is definitely the most useful event Pokemon Nintendo/Game Freak have ever given away.

Can't say more than that.
A Good Nintendo 3DS Forum
Someone I'm friends with owns the above.
Want Super Mario 3D Land news and info? Click here
Proud subscriber, Waluigious writer, game modder, world record attempter and ex glitch hunter.
cheatmaster30

Postby sciqueen » 25 Jan 2013, 22:16

Mew should be #1! Deoxys is something from one of those weird animes that only nerdy cosplayers like.
sciqueen

Postby Hams96 » 26 Jan 2013, 06:21

Arcues is the best event Pokemon. Know why? He wasn't even available in the 4th-Gen games unless you cheated.
Hams96

Postby Rainbow Shifter » 26 Jan 2013, 10:26

Hams96 wrote:Arcues is the best event Pokemon. Know why? He wasn't even available in the 4th-Gen games unless you cheated.

And you know why he wasn't? Because it was released after the game was released which is why it's called an event Pokemon. With your reasoning every event Pokemon are, therefore, the best.
Rainbow Shifter

Postby Nintendo4Ever » 26 Jan 2013, 11:19

Rainbow Shifter wrote:
Hams96 wrote:Arcues is the best event Pokemon. Know why? He wasn't even available in the 4th-Gen games unless you cheated.

And you know why he wasn't? Because it was released after the game was released which is why it's called an event Pokemon. With your reasoning every event Pokemon are, therefore, the best.

To be fair though, Arceus as well as Celebi, Darkrai, Shaymin and Meloetta, are the only event Pokemon to not be made available in the first game of the Generation they were released in.

Celebi was only available for Japanese Crystal version, The azure flute was never released as well as Oak's Letter and the Membership Card for Diamond and Pearl and Meloetta isn't available on B&W either. Although Darkrai and Shaymin can be caught in Diamond and Pearl via The Void glitch (never did it myself but it's out there).

This only applies to the UK though, America get Toys R Us events for Arceus etc and Japan get almost everything!

EDIT
Can't believe I forgot Genesect, it was available to Japan in B&W though, but still it's the only one I'm missing and I forget about it. Stupid me.
Been Catchin' 'em all! since June 2000 with my Special Edition Yellow GameBoy Colour... been trying to Catch 'em all! ever since.
Nintendo4Ever

Postby ThePokekid78 » 26 Jan 2013, 19:51

King Slazo wrote:

Being rare is fine, but being unable to ever obtain/use a Deoxys in R/S/E hurt...
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby Cinaclov » 26 Jan 2013, 21:48

Not entirely sold on this list, but it's opinion at the end of the day so meh. :P

The best event however was possibly for the worst (or at least the least interesting) download Pokemon. The 2009 summer 'village fete' Regigigas events were all tied in with real world events at places you'd associate less with this kind of thing (so instead of being at various big cities they'd be at air shows, carnivals, etc). I went to Weymouth with a few friends (a mix of Pokemon fans and not) and had a fantastic day, and we wouldn't have gone there had it not been for the event. :)

I've actually found the ONM article for it: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co. ... lage-fete/

Whilst the wi-fi downloads are certainly easier to get to :P I wish they'd still have events like these through the year as well. Even if it's just once a year and just a different version of a Pokemon that's easy to get through other means it'd still be great to be able to meet up with other random fans, battle, trade etc. Or even just go back to what they used to do, have the live event for it then wi-fi and other methods a few months later. Like they did with Darkrai, its great that everyone has reasonably easy access to him now but it's nice knowing I had it first (and it's from Woolworths no less :P)
Top 32 Pokémon VGC Birmingham, 2010.
3DS FC: 4897-6918-6814
Cinaclov

Postby Lugia » 27 Jan 2013, 12:43

Darkrai. Been very glad to get my Darkrai for Platinum

Missed out on the Regigigas because back then I thought the distribution one was no different to the in game one!
But the main thing I enjoyed about the Summer Fete event was the battles against others on a large screen using Pokemon Battle Revolution :)
I like games.
Lugia

Postby Water Max » 29 Jan 2013, 15:58

He was available in Generation IV games by the Movie 12 Michina event in which Arceus also had the moves of Spacial Rend, Roar of Time and Shadow Force. I have two of those from going to the event in the Metrocentre near Newcastle.

I also think the best event was the Movie 11 Regigigas event and it was the third on location event I had attended.
Water Max

Postby BanksLad » 30 Jan 2013, 11:20

I don't mind event Pokemon and what it takes to get them, I just get annoyed when ones get released elsewhere and not globally. A prime example is Meloetta, released in Japan and I think South Korea but not here. Why? Especially when you consider that games are more expensive over here, surely we've' earned the right to be able to catch it?
BanksLad

Postby tahkshi » 02 Mar 2013, 12:00

I don't mind event pokemon, but I feel there should be less. I mean, for 5th gen we had Victini, Genesect, Keldeo and Meloetta. The games should include more, just make them difficult to get to/catch.
tahkshi

Next