Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

5 things we learned about PlatinumGames from Iwata Asks

Comment on site articles.

The Bayonetta 2 developers reveal their goals...

While everyone gets excited about PlatinumGames making games exclusively for Wii U, it's easy to forget that Platinum's first two games were released only on Nintendo consoles. First up was the comic book violence of Madworld and it was followed up by the vast DS sci-fi RPG Infinite Space. From those two games alone, it's easy to see that Platinum are a bit different.

... read more

5 things we learned about PlatinumGames from Iwata Asks

Postby monsteroushunter » 25 Jan 2013, 17:35

Apparently they are interested in taking on Darksiders from THQ, I think that could be good.
My friends code for 3ds is 3222-5556-4071
pm me if you add me
monsteroushunter

Re: 5 things we learned about PlatinumGames from Iwata Asks

Postby Scraggy man » 25 Jan 2013, 17:49

I would love Platinum games to get hold of Darksiders
Scraggy man

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 25 Jan 2013, 20:23

I read an excerpt from an interview (with Minabi I believe) in the Metro a while back and I remember him saying a very similar thing about making Japanese games that appeal to a western audience. I personally prefer Japanese games over any other type (largely because that's all I played for most of my childhood and adolescence) so it's great that they endeavour to make those kinds of games that more and more people can enjoy.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Ys - Adol | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 25 Jan 2013, 21:01

the 1st bayonetta is getting released this wednesday on psn for 12 quid , will there be any chance they'll release it on the wii u eshop since the 2nd one is a nintendo exclusive ?
5OUNDWAVE

Postby KH81314 » 25 Jan 2013, 22:57

I don't think that they should own darksiders but them working on it together.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby Tams » 28 Jan 2013, 19:09

KH81314 wrote:I don't think that they should own darksiders but them working on it together.

There's no one for them to work with; THQ have sold off their IP and are declaring bankruptcy for what's no sold. Vigil and thus their Darksiders IP are the only ones not to have been bought by someone (the rights that is).
Tams