Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Crimson Shroud review

Comment on site articles.

RPG: Red, Powerful Garment

Guild01, Level-5's compilation of games by guest directors, was an experiment in ideas with niche appeal. There was the air-to-ground shooter about the teenage president of New Japan in a mech, Liberation Maiden, Yoot Saito's luggage-sorting puzzler, Aero Porter, and a rhythm action game set in a stereotypical RPG blacksmith's shop that couldn't even be translated for the western market.

... read more

Crimson Shroud review

Postby KH81314 » 27 Jan 2013, 13:59

I'm not such a big fan of level 5 but this seems like a great game.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Re: Crimson Shroud review

Postby skyluigi » 27 Jan 2013, 16:33

This is a pretty good game, Level-5 come through again. I think by this point Level-5 are one of my favourite developers of all time. So yes, if you like games with a deep story and not a lot of gameplay except the odd battle every now and again, this is for you!
Woo hoo!
skyluigi

Postby tpie123 » 27 Jan 2013, 19:21

glad to see they have brought westerners something from guild 01 It's going to be a buy from meeee!!!!!!
tpie123

Postby master sword » 27 Jan 2013, 20:31

Dungeons and Dragons meets Warhammer... count me in
Reminds me of the days I spent in the Games Workshop playing Warhammer Fantasy and 40k
i will fight for:
. good reviews
. the next ONM mag
. smash bros on the 3DS
. pikmin 3
. the last bowl of pasta
master sword

Postby fisher2007 » 27 Jan 2013, 22:53

Finish the game yesterday it was great and i hope there be a sequel in the future. 8)
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

3DS FC is 0130-1987-2452 If you add me then please PM me
fisher2007

Postby deadleg » 28 Jan 2013, 01:50

Great game however im stuck on one battle :(
(spoilers)
its the one where you face yourself any help?
deadleg

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 28 Jan 2013, 12:09

At first this didn't interest me, but since I've heard nothing but good things I'm definitely going to try it.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby EtherealWings » 28 Jan 2013, 16:54

Liberation Maiden was a great little game, while it lasted; and i've been looking for an unusual handheld RPG. When i eventually find somewhere that stocks elusive e-point cards this is top of the list.
EtherealWings