Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

eShop games of the week: Zen Pinball 2, Batman: Arkham City

Comment on site articles.

This week's downloads

Zen Pinball 2 is the only new game to be made available to download this week. Set for release on the Wii U eShop, it will be joined by Batman: Arkham City: Armored Edition in Nintendo's digital store and you can also download a 3D video called The Beet Party: Beet Scratch from the 3DS eShop.

... read more

eShop games of the week: Zen Pinball 2, Batman: Arkham City

Postby deKay » 28 Jan 2013, 10:55

Well, this explains why Batman dropped to £19 everywhere then :)

Zen Pinball 2 is a fo' sho'.
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Re: eShop games of the week: Zen Pinball 2, Batman: Arkham C

Postby RainbowGazelle » 28 Jan 2013, 11:47

What's the point in downloading Batman for £50 when you can buy a physical copy for £20. When will nintendo get their eshop prices right. I'm certainly not downloading any retail games when I know I can get them for less than half that price.

Also, Zen Pinball 2 looks pretty cool.
My 3DS FC is: 3437-3065-1394
My NNID is: RainbowGazelle
RainbowGazelle

Postby rachaeln » 28 Jan 2013, 12:26

right this is actually driving me crazy now , where is retro city rampage????!!!!?? they said january and this is the last week in january for releases.

Does ANYONE know when it'll be out?
rachaeln

Postby remagpie93 » 28 Jan 2013, 13:55

So how long will it be before Nintendo UK sorts out their eShop prices for retail games?? Other than a few stores overcharging on the high street, no WiiU title is sold for more than £40 so the £55 seen on some eShop titles is just robbery o.O
remagpie93

Postby ledreppe » 28 Jan 2013, 13:57

If I was good at pinball I'd play it, but I think I'll use this lull in new eShop and retail releases to play the HD remake of Mighty Switch Force on Wii U. Really liked the 3DS version, you can't go wrong with better graphics. Oh, and by the way, you do store beetroot in the fridge.
Nintendo Network ID: BigAl79
3DS Friend Code
Getting: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Rayman Legends.
Mii QR Code
Twitter
YouTube
Where Nintendo lead, others follow!
ledreppe

Postby ChipsNGravy » 28 Jan 2013, 14:04

DEFINITELY picking Zen 2 up, Loved the 2 3DS shop entries and this looks cool. Now I know I don't have to fork out one lump sum for tables I'm not going to play it's even better! I can just buy one table at a time, which also means I'm not paying for tables that have been included from the 3DS version. What a great idea. Sold.
ChipsNGravy

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 28 Jan 2013, 14:13

Already got Batman and loving it to bits,so I don't think I want another copy.

But I'll be downloading Zen Pinball,looks quite fun.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby deKay » 28 Jan 2013, 14:15

remagpie93 wrote:So how long will it be before Nintendo UK sorts out their eShop prices for retail games?? Other than a few stores overcharging on the high street, no WiiU title is sold for more than £40 so the £55 seen on some eShop titles is just robbery o.O

The MSRP of the games is the same as those in the eShop. They're expensive, but the eShop isn't overcharging.

Many Wii U games are (or were, at least) more than £40. Some have MSRP at £55 - like Zombie U and Assassin's Creed III.
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby toffeeman30 » 28 Jan 2013, 14:29

zen pinball 2 as its free
toffeeman30

Postby deKay » 28 Jan 2013, 14:33

toffeeman30 wrote:zen pinball 2 as its free

Only if you don't want to play and pinball on it.
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby danbish » 28 Jan 2013, 18:22

£50 for Batman? Hahahaha....not a chance. And I know there's others on their which are the same price or more expensive. I'd buy a digital copy of a game, I have many on Steam, but at those prices - no way. The eShop (as well as XBLive and the PS Store) don't even compete with shops when they start reducing them down - the 3DS eShop and Pilotwings being a prime example, what is it, a tenner now from the shops or £40 still on eShop??

If the pricing strategy changes, I'll look into it a could start buying from it...IF, but I could be holding my breath for a very long time.
3DS: 0920-1615-5762. NNID: TheFatPlumber. PM me if you add me & I'll add you back.
Yes I am a Nintendo fanboy, no I don't care. Dorkly
danbish

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 28 Jan 2013, 18:24

More about overpriced eShop games. I just bought Assassin's Creed 3 Wii U for £30 in GAME, so I'm pretty happy with that. The Zen Pinball idea of downloadable tables sounds cool, but is far too expensive. And what is the point in these downloadable videos again...?
Free Nintendo points codes, 3DS and Wii U eShop codes, and many others here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr

Postby KH81314 » 28 Jan 2013, 19:25

I recommend that you get Batman. Its a great game.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby deKay » 29 Jan 2013, 09:03

Herbert_Rarr wrote:More about overpriced eShop games.

Once again - they're not overpriced, they're just expensive. Big difference.
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby Tamzily01 » 29 Jan 2013, 11:31

Arkham City for £50 is a bit excessive, even if it does include all the DLC.
Looking to get into Pathfinder RPG
3DS: 0688-5598-6231 NNID: RedGuard587
ImageImage
Youtube Tumblr Twitter
Tamzily01

Postby deKay » 29 Jan 2013, 12:26

Tamzily01 wrote:Arkham City for £50 is a bit excessive, even if it does include all the DLC.

Yeah. It's only £19 here: http://www.101cd.com/Games/Batman-Arkha ... roduct.htm
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby Rufan » 31 Jan 2013, 20:20

Can the buyable pinball tables be bought now? if so how do I get them, I downloaded the Zen pinball but it seems to be a demo, when I press the a button to get buyable packs nothing happens? Are the not yet avaliable to be bought or I'm a doing it wrong. :?
Looking for Animal Crossing New Leaf friends, My friend Code is: 3566-1527-3477 Please PM me your friend code so that I can add you. thanks!
Rufan

Postby danbish » 01 Feb 2013, 15:44

Rufan wrote:Can the buyable pinball tables be bought now? if so how do I get them, I downloaded the Zen pinball but it seems to be a demo, when I press the a button to get buyable packs nothing happens? Are the not yet avaliable to be bought or I'm a doing it wrong. :?

Go back to the eShop and select the 'Downloadable or AddOn Content' link (I've forgotten what they're calling it), they're all there. I downloaded the main game last night and the trial versions of a couple of tables but I've not tried it yet.
3DS: 0920-1615-5762. NNID: TheFatPlumber. PM me if you add me & I'll add you back.
Yes I am a Nintendo fanboy, no I don't care. Dorkly
danbish

Postby deKay » 04 Feb 2013, 13:53

You have to download the trials, then pay to unlock them.
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby toffeeman30 » 04 Feb 2013, 14:07

just seen a few reviews of zen pinball 2 and very average. alot saying its a bit clunky
toffeeman30

Postby deKay » 04 Feb 2013, 16:53

toffeeman30 wrote:just seen a few reviews of zen pinball 2 and very average. alot saying its a bit clunky

They're wrong - it really isn't.
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay