Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Sakurai uses trackball to ease RSI as he works on Smash Bros

Comment on site articles.

Repetitive strain injury "getting to the point where it's starting to restrict my work and lifestyle," says Sakurai

No wonder it is taking Sakurai so long to make Smash Bros Wii U. In his latest column in Famitsu he wrote that he has such bad RSI that it's getting to the point where it's starting to restrict his work and lifestyle.

... read more

Sakurai uses trackball to ease RSI as he works on Smash Bros

Postby lminett » 30 Jan 2013, 16:14

Im not surprised, hes got to be under alot of pressure not only to show of something of the new smash bros at E3 but also to get this game complete to the expetations of fans. He should really take some time off
Enjoy video game music and finding out about the composers? check out Ki11j0ys vault
http://www.youtube.com/user/KI11J0YSVAULT?feature=mhee
lminett

Re: Sakurai uses trackball to ease RSI as he works on Smash

Postby Wiimote » 30 Jan 2013, 16:43

I got RSI in my wrist so I know what pain he is going through but I'm ok as I can wear a wrist strap when I mop as my RSI is done by my job being a cleaner. Looking forward to Smash Bros. though :)
Awesome friends they know who they are :wink:
'Never underestimate Nintendo'- Chandra Nair.
3DS FC 4511-0577-5238 Please pm me if you add me.
AC:NL dream address 6000 2399 3461
Wiimote

Postby S0raBuzz » 30 Jan 2013, 17:27

As a single, male teenager I suffer from RSI on a regular basis.
S0raBuzz

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 30 Jan 2013, 17:32

It's not surprising considering he's been working non-stop since Kiid Icarus Uprising started development. All that Tweeting probably doesn't help either.
I hope he takes a step back and trusts his development team, and that he makes a speedy recovery.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby smash-brother » 30 Jan 2013, 20:08

This is going to be a long,loooooooooooooooooooong develiment time :roll:
Jack, I'm only an elected official, i can't make decisions by myself
smash-brother

Postby Kirby8 » 30 Jan 2013, 20:39

He has been working non-stop and his projects have come with a lot of pressure. Firstly he was developing Kid Icarus, bringing back an old series back from the dead, and fans had huge expectations. And he moved straight on to SSB 4, which is a massive game and a staple part of each console since the first game. So again, a huge pressure to deliver a great game. He should definitely take a break after SSB4.
Also known as NintendoMad888.
2-4-6-8
what pink blob do we love not hate?
k-i-rb-y
Kirbys a blob all day and night!!!

PARAMORE ROCKS!!!
NINTENDO 4 LIFE!!
COME ON MARIO PAINT WII (OR DS???)!!!
Kirby8

Postby ThePokekid78 » 30 Jan 2013, 20:44

smash-brother wrote:This is going to be a long,loooooooooooooooooooong develiment time :roll:

Your spelling and grammar gave me cancer...
My Youtube career kinda ended, so...I really have nothing to put here anymore...
ThePokekid78

Postby abovethewell » 30 Jan 2013, 21:26

MartinIsAwesome wrote:It's not surprising considering he's been working non-stop since Kiid Icarus Uprising started development. All that Tweeting probably doesn't help either.
I hope he takes a step back and trusts his development team, and that he makes a speedy recovery.

I don't know what context you mean this in, whether the amount of gaming or... other activities, but either way, kodus on that joke :P
I should probably insert some witty or meaningful piece of text here.
abovethewell

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 31 Jan 2013, 12:06

ThePokekid78 wrote:
smash-brother wrote:This is going to be a long,loooooooooooooooooooong develiment time :roll:

Your spelling and grammar gave me cancer...

Agreed. Not to mention that it's because of selfish and impatient "fans" like smash-brother here that Sakurai is over-working himself.

abovethewell wrote:
MartinIsAwesome wrote:It's not surprising considering he's been working non-stop since Kiid Icarus Uprising started development. All that Tweeting probably doesn't help either.

I don't know what context you mean this in, whether the amount of gaming or... other activities, but either way, kodus on that joke :P

What joke?
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby Pichu10585 » 01 Feb 2013, 00:09

As a musician I need to be careful with this too. Though I haven't had problems as yet, it's only a matter of time.
I agree with the person above me. Not literally above me.

Operation Moonfall. You know it makes sense.

¬_¬
Pichu10585