Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Iwata: Collaborating with developers will strentghen Nintend

Comment on site articles.

Are more Smash Bros-style collaborations planned

Satoru Iwata wants Nintendo to continue to collaborate with developers in order to produce a greater variety of games on Wii U and 3DS.

... read more

Iwata: Collaborating with developers will strentghen Nintend

Postby rayboi » 31 Jan 2013, 12:29

I think this going to be a more common way of developing games form now on. Not just for Nintendo, but across the industry. The costs are getting too high for single companies to afford, and by bringing in new development teams games can have a new lease of life and perhaps the sharing of ideas can enhance these games for the players and can benefit both all the companies involved.
MuFfin MaN
rayboi

Re: Iwata: Collaborating with developers will strentghen Nin

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 31 Jan 2013, 14:23

As long as the end result is a stronger and more diverse line-up of games, that's all that matters.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby shy guy 64 » 31 Jan 2013, 17:09

looking forward to finding out who
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby Mmmyeah » 31 Jan 2013, 18:46

A really good way of expanding the library of games available on Nintendo consoles and the quality of these games. And going on the story of bringing Cave Story to Wii U it looks like we may get more independent game developers on Wii U.
Hey Reggie, where's the cats?
Mmmyeah

Postby KH81314 » 31 Jan 2013, 20:39

If they keep making good games i'm happy.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby Mr Roboto » 31 Jan 2013, 20:57

Please Nintendo and reach out to more western developers including Rockstar.
Mr Roboto