Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins coming to 3DS 'later

Comment on site articles.

No release date has been set for the 3DS prequel

The LEGO City Undercover UK release date has been scheduled for 28 March but you'll have to wait a bit longer to play the 3DS prequel after Nintendo confirmed that LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins will be released in the UK later on in the year.

... read more

LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins coming to 3DS 'later

Postby ledreppe » 31 Jan 2013, 14:16

I always thought the 3DS version was the same as the Wii U version, but it seems it's a different game. If it's a different game and a prequel to the Wii U version then I'll get it as well as the Wii U version.
Nintendo Network ID: BigAl79
3DS Friend Code
Getting: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Rayman Legends.
Mii QR Code
Twitter
YouTube
Where Nintendo lead, others follow!
ledreppe

Re: LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins coming to 3DS 'la

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 31 Jan 2013, 14:26

Long as it isn't like the current 3DS Lego games,and actually play to the handheld strengths,rather than a upscaled DS game,I might go for it.
Currently playing:Metal Gear Ground Zeroes
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
imbusydoctorwho

Postby KH81314 » 31 Jan 2013, 20:38

Interesting to see that the 3Ds version is different and there releasing them so close together. Think they should wait longer cause i thought they were the same thing.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby abovethewell » 31 Jan 2013, 21:22

This could be interesting, I hope the plot is good and that it builds around the 3DS' actual strengths. Having a smaller, more concise world could work well, maybe you could play as a variety of characters as well!
I should probably insert some witty or meaningful piece of text here.
abovethewell

Postby lazy_by_choice » 01 Feb 2013, 14:26

Sounds great, but I do hope it is of a good quality and that it takes full advantage of the 3DS' strengths; I would be very tempted to buy the game if it looks decent :)
3DS FC: 2492 - 4389 - 4961 - PM me if you add me & I'll add you back :)
lazy_by_choice