Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Resident Evil Revelations feedback could result in a change

Comment on site articles.

'We could focus even more on the horror aspect and make something scarier than ever before'

Capcom will study the feedback from fans to Resident Evil Revelations Wii U before deciding where to go next with the series.

... read more

Resident Evil Revelations feedback could result in a change

Postby shadow663 » 01 Feb 2013, 10:32

Which essentially translates to "Everyone buy Revelations if you want Resident Evil to go back to being scary!"

Everyone should buy it anyway as its and awesome game :D
shadow663

Re: Resident Evil Revelations feedback could result in a cha

Postby danbish » 01 Feb 2013, 11:04

Please Capcom, go back to what Resident Evil is all about. Revelations proved to you that's the type of Resi game we want.

But please, please, don't go open world. Why does everything have to be open world now?
3DS: 0920-1615-5762. NNID: TheFatPlumber. PM me if you add me & I'll add you back.
Yes I am a Nintendo fanboy, no I don't care. Dorkly
danbish

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 01 Feb 2013, 11:32

I'm a complete Resident Evil newbie but by the looks of it Revelations has a decent middle-ground between the original games and the more recent action games. I would certainly buy more games in the series if they were all like that.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Ys - Adol | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby torterratrainer » 01 Feb 2013, 19:31

i decided not to get unveiled because its too similar to the original 3DS version, but that doesn't stop me getting exited for the new HD gameplay videos!

anyone who is not sure whether to get this, do but on wiiu as you got touchpad controls which are a MUST
Torterratrainer has evolved into AzureRathalos!
Hey monster Hunter fans! check out the guild hall on chatango for monster hunter chats and mingling :)
http://mhunterguildhall.chatango.com/
torterratrainer

Postby abovethewell » 01 Feb 2013, 19:40

I would much prefer the series to go back to being more intimate and scary: There's a reason why Revelations got such higher ratings than the newest flagship game- people by horror games because they're scary! If you want more action, by the Devil May Cry games, which too are brilliant.
I should probably insert some witty or meaningful piece of text here.
abovethewell

Postby dave666 » 01 Feb 2013, 20:48

it depends how the open world is done, if it was done like metroid prime or arkham city then it might work but capcom needs to be very careful now.

personally I like all kinds of resident evil, but I favor the more horror side of the series and my favorite so far is revelations and if you ask me capcom got it the wrong way around

resident evil 6 should have been the spin off and revelations should have been a main game, capcom could also learn a thing or 2 from zombi u.

I'm also a bit gutted that there isn't a wii u version of resident evil 6
dave666

Postby liveswired » 01 Feb 2013, 23:20

abovethewell wrote:I would much prefer the series to go back to being more intimate and scary: There's a reason why Revelations got such higher ratings than the newest flagship game- people by horror games because they're scary! If you want more action, by the Devil May Cry games, which too are brilliant.

Another reason is because Resident Evil 6 is gutter trash. :mrgreen:
liveswired

Postby steve w » 06 Feb 2013, 19:24

liveswired wrote:
abovethewell wrote:I would much prefer the series to go back to being more intimate and scary: There's a reason why Revelations got such higher ratings than the newest flagship game- people by horror games because they're scary! If you want more action, by the Devil May Cry games, which too are brilliant.

Another reason is because Resident Evil 6 is gutter trash. :mrgreen:

You should of said re6 is gutter trash imo not everyone hates re6, iam a long time fan of resident evil, Re6 is a brilliant game IMO but its not everyone's cup of tea, hope they find a way to bring wesker back.
steve w

Postby Schnozzer » 11 Feb 2013, 17:04

Oh please, does [i]anyone[i] really believe that Resident Evil 4 was brilliant? Not me, for one. Give me more RE re-make and RE Zero (-esque) please.
Schnozzer